'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

As one of the few people on this Earth who likes the Elemental Monkeys, I am a tad underwhelmed by them (...again). Though I wasn't expecting much.

And Simisage and Simisear kinda look derpy. Simipour's art is okay though.

Pour seems like a good additional attacker for shiftry with leaf draw and it hits fire types. It can hold tons of cards in hand with N out of the format.

One's 'Fire' toss, another's 'Water' toss, shouldn't the third be 'Grass' toss?

I've actually been waiting for this. It sounds stupid, but you can really get some serious draw power with roller skates, deoxys, lucky helmet, and even tierno. I've seen this deck done with metagross, but a stage one is some much better!

Wow, dual resistance! I like that thought, even has a neat little attack that benefits you either way. Plus it can do up to 200 dmg with strong energy and if you put down that fighting stadium you can do 220. However I see it doing about 180 but thats amazing for a non-EX, maybe 200 with tool cards.

Footprints of the herd will be pretty painful if you have all of them out and since Mamoswine is packing 4 retreat cost and you're forced to play Piloswine, you can leave a nasty sting on the opponent.

I thought those monkey cards were typos but NOPE they get a completely different type of energy than their own. They attack with colorless too, so that's neat.

I want to say mamoswine seems tentatively strong... Just 1 mamoswine using shrine of memories and piloswines attack with a strong energy and muscle band is 30+80+20+20 = 150, and thats without any other pokemon in play. add a swinub and youre knocking out EXs, plus mamo has a great hp and ability. The big problem is that you kinda HAVE to evolve through the entire line because you need piloswine under the mamoswine to use its ability. And thats rough :S I guess you can turn 2 evolve then wally for a mamoswine...

^I think your math is wrong... because Piloswine's attack only does 10 more damage for each [C] in the retreat cost, so if I'm thinking correctly, with the example you gave, it would be 30 + 40 + 20 + 20 = 110. You would need another Mamoswine to do 150...
The way I see it, as cool as the attack is, it's not really viable... you need 2 stage 2's in play with at least 1 of them having a piloswine under it (although Maxie's hidden ball trick can help getting the other mamoswine), a stadium, a tool and at least 1 special energy to do at least 150... A lot of cards do that with much less...

Last edited:
Simisage could definitely be playable in Mega Houndoom decks. It's better than camerupt, because the energy goes straight into your hand, and you get three back instead of only one. Not to mention the fact that the second attack can be used as a backup, and all the attacks are for colorless, which is nice, because you can run it in practically any deck.

Also, I'm relatively new to the competitive TCG, could you use Simisage's attack to get back the new Burning Energy? Or can you only get back normal Fire Energy?

Fire toss,
Water toss and
Green toss.. No wait? Why not Grass toss

Also dus Raikou mean Suicune can be in the next set? I hope so!

Also, I'm relatively new to the competitive TCG, could you use Simisage's attack to get back the new Burning Energy? Or can you only get back normal Fire Energy?

'fraid not. Burning energy only provides fire energy when attached to a pokemon, and doesn't provide any when in your hand, deck, or discard

Edit: something that targets "Energy Cards" would work, such as Heliolisk's Parabolic Charge, or Thundurus EX's Raiden Knuckle should work, because Burning Energy (and other special energies) are still energy cards. But they don't actually provide any type of energy until attached to a valid target.

Last edited:
Mamoswine has THREE resistances!

What freaking even.

EDIT-nevermind, I didn't read the word "weakness" over the grass symbol.

Last edited:
Back