Finished Werewolf XXVI: Harmonic Divergence | Town Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't really know - in previous games (especially the game where we were on the same scum team) I have noticed that GM is acting a little bit more noobish than he actually is (on purpose). He is a bit more cunning than you would think from his posts in the main threads. So I think it's possible.

I can't deny I never acted extra noobish, but that is only ontop of my current nooby state. However you know I tend to go overboard and really love when given good ability, I wouldn't be so reckless to forgot sending NK.

Well, let's say you are not a Red Lotus who could forget sending a NK. You could still be an Equalist.
Or you could be not the leader of Red Lotus, if IE only accepts the kill when the "alpha wolf" sends it in.

Can you counter that?

Well, let's say you are not a Red Lotus who could forget sending a NK. You could still be an Equalist.
Or you could be not the leader of Red Lotus, if IE only accepts the kill when the "alpha wolf" sends it in.

Can you counter that?
If im not the red lotus leader, i probably posted somewhere on my leader page/thread in order to nudge him back into the game.

The probability of i'm being an equalist is the same as yours.

Teal while we argue with each other, dont you think it's weird for the others to be online but not posting anything yet

Divergence_9_2.png

Day 9 Final Vote Count

GM Draclord - 1 (Teal)
Scorched Feathers - 1 (GM Draclord)

Random.org has decided that Scorched Feathers should be killed.

Scorched Feathers- Amon - Waterbender - Equalist

You are an extremely powerful bloodbender who started the Equalist Revolution to feed your merciless hunger for power. Your followers believed that you were a non-bender with a power bestowed by the spirits to remove someone’s bending abilities permanently, in order to “Equalise” the world and create a better life for non-benders. Of course, that was all propaganda. Your power to remove someone’s bending was no “gift”, it was the product of years spent perfecting and refining your bloodbending powers. Initially, you believed that your return would not help you, as you were revealed as a waterbender to your followers before fleeing the city. However, Harmonic Divergence has left some people’s memories a little...hazy, and you intend to capitalise on that to fulfil your ambition of taking power in Republic City.

Bending Ability - Cleansed

You may use this ability once every night. This ability allows you to remove the bending capabilities of a player and turn them into a non-bender. This will take effect at the end of the night (they will still be able to use bending abilities that night).

Non-Bending Ability - Sato’s Secret Device

This ability is passive and is in effect for the duration of the game. As a contingency plan, you have instructed Hiroshi Sato to construct a device that is able to transfer bending abilities from one person to another (You wiped his memory of this afterwards, of course). If you die and at least one Equalist is still alive, your bending ability will be transferred to another Equalist, who will become a waterbender like you. This ability will also be transferred if there is more than one Equalist remaining. This ability cannot be blocked or removed.

Non-Bending Ability - Equalist

You are able to speak freely with your fellow Equalist members in the Equalist QuickTopic. This ability cannot be blocked in any way.

Win Condition - There are more non-benders alive than benders.

The Equalists have been eliminated!

Meanwhile, Cinesra was modkilled:

Cinesra - Zaheer - Airbender - Red Lotus

A staunch Anarchist, you believe that chaos is the route to a better world. To achieve this aim, you lead the Red Lotus with the ambition of murdering the Avatar. Although Harmonic Divergence has freed you and your followers from prison and granted you the ability to Air Bend, you know that hunting four Avatars will be a lot more challenging than one.

Bending Ability - Air Assassin

This ability activates when you are chosen to perform the Red Lotus factional kill. If you kill an Avatar with the Red Lotus factional kill, you will be immune from being lynched the following day. If this happens, this ability is removed.

Bending Ability - Locked

Unlock Condition: ???

Locked bending abilities can still be removed.

Non-Bending Ability - Leader of the Red Lotus

You may use this ability once every night. You believe that the only way to guarantee a new world is to use lethal force on those who oppose your ideals. Your fellow Red Lotus members follow and obey you without question, even if it leads to bloodshed. This ability allows you to choose a player to kill as well as a Red Lotus member to perform the kill. If you die this ability will be passed on to another member of the Red Lotus.

Non-Bending Ability - Red Lotus

You are able to speak freely with your fellow Red Lotus members in the Red Lotus QuickTopic. This ability cannot be blocked in any way.

Win Condition - Kill all four Avatars.

With two scum members being killed during the day, the town approached the night optimistic for the next day.

---

@TheGuy, @Teal, @GM DracLord, @rev3rsor, @Reinforce,

Night 9 will end on Wednesday the 15th at 20:00 BST

Divergence_end.png

The three remaining Avatars, Kyoshi, Roku and Aang all entered the Avatar state durung the night to discuss their next plan of action to finally eliminate the Red Lotus once and for all. Of the two other people left in the town, who could it be, or were they both aligned to the Red Lotus? Meanwhile, Ghazan of the Red Lotus wandered through the streets, seeking a target to avenge the death of his leader, Zaheer. Katara, knowing that her husband, Avatar Aang, must still be alive, sought someone to use her healing powers on to prevent them from coming to harm.

Ghazan finally chose his target, a person he had tried to lynch during the previous day. As his bending had been taken away by the Equalists, he knew he had to take down his target with his bare hands. His target was GM Draclord, or Avatar Roku. However, Roku had an extremely rare device in his possession, presumably constructed by Varrick the famous inventor called the Embodiment of Sozin's Comet. This would cause, upon his death, a fiery explosion to take down his assailant as well. Of course, this would mean that Gahzan would be killed and the Red Lotus would be eliminated. However, there was the matter of who Katara would save - if she prevented Roku's death then Roku would not die, and therefore Ghazan would not die.

Katara though, miraculously protected her husband, Avatar Aang, and the murder of Avatar Roku went ahead. And so, Roku died and in the process unleashed his power to mortally wound Ghazan as well. Avatar Kyoshi, to attempt to resolve the situation before the effects of Harmonic Divergence became worse resorted to using her warrior skills to also kill Ghazan, and so the last remaining Red Lotus memeber was taken down two ways.

Teal was:

Teal - Ghazan - Earthbender - Red Lotus

You possess the extremely rare ability of lavabending, making you extremely powerful with a capability to destroy almost anything. A key ally of Zaheer, you are willing to do anything to advance the Red Lotus’ cause. You value freedom extremely highly, and believe that Harmonic Divergence granting you freedom from prison is a sign of the change you want to help bring to the world.

Bending Ability - Lava Flow

This ability activates when you are chosen to perform the Red Lotus factional kill. Your kill has a 15% chance of killing another player not aligned with the Red Lotus.

Non-Bending Ability - Red Lotus

You are able to speak freely with your fellow Red Lotus members in the Red Lotus QuickTopic. This ability cannot be blocked in any way.

Win Condition - Kill all four Avatars.

rev3rsor was:

rev3rsor - Katara - Waterbender - Town

As one of the most talented waterbenders to ever live, you were part of the infamous Team Avatar that ended the Hundred Year War by defeating the fire nation. On your travels you learned the arts of healing and bloodbending, although you swore never to use the latter ever again because of its extremely unethical traits. Harmonic Divergence has brought you to Republic City from the Southern Water Tribe, possibly because you know that your husband, Avatar Aang, has returned. You know you can’t be reunited with him until the threat of the Equalists and Red Lotus has been dealt with, however.

Bending Ability - Healing Hands

You may use this ability once every night. You intend to use your incredible healing powers to help protect people in order to reduce the bloodshed being caused by the events of Harmonic Divergence. This ability allows you to protect one player from all lethal abilities for one night. You may not target the same player twice in a row.

Win Condition - Eliminate all threats to the town.

TheGuy was:

TheGuy - Avatar Kyoshi - Earthbender - Town

Living to the age of 230, you were the oldest person to have ever lived and under your guidance as Avatar the world enjoyed centuries of peace. To gain this peace you were not afraid to use force, however, and you had no qualms over killing to create your vision of justice and peace in the world. Your attitude has not changed since you were brought back through Harmonic Divergence, and although your fellow Avatars may believe in using non-violent methods to find peace, you are determined to create balance in your own way

Bending Ability - Break Away

You may use this ability once during the game at night. As you did when Chin the Conqueror threatened to invade your people’s land, you are able to break away from the mainland. This ability will allow you to remove yourself from the game for one day and night, during which you cannot speak in the game thread or get lynched. All abilities that target you will fail and you will not be able to use any abilities for this time. You will, however, retain the ability to speak in the Avatar QuickTopic.

Non-Bending Ability - Kyoshi Warrior

You may use this ability once during the game at night. Using the masterful combat skills you developed, you created the Kyoshi Warriors to protect Kyoshi Island. Now you are prepared to use these skills yourself. This ability allows you to kill one player. This kill cannot be blocked by any abilities or actions present in the game.

Non-Bending Ability - Avatar

You are able to speak freely with your fellow Avatars in the Avatar QuickTopic, with the link you all share through Raava. This ability cannot be blocked in any way.

Reinforce was:

Reinforce- Avatar Aang - Airbender - Town

During your time as Avatar you had to face the harsh reality of loss, with your entire race being wiped out by the Fire Nation while you were trapped in ice for a century. This would have turned many a person into a bitter soul bent on revenge for the atrocities committed by the Fire Lord and his predecessors, but you always sought to resolve issues with peace rather than violence, even when it was seen as impossible to achieve. Sadly, you know that this time bloodshed is inevitable.

Bending Ability - Energy Bending

You may use this ability once every even numbered night. In your search to find a peaceful way to end the Hundred Year War, you encountered the last remaining Lion Turtle, who taught you the ancient art of Energy Bending, granting you the knowledge to both take away and restore a person’s bending ability. This ability allows you to restore the bending of a player who has had their bending removed.

Non-Bending Ability - Twinkle Toes

This ability will activate automatically up to one time for each effect during the game. As an Airbender, you developed masterful self-defence skills that have saved your life on many an occasion. This ability blocks both the first attempt on your life and the first attempt to remove your bending.

You are able to speak freely with your fellow Avatars in the Avatar QuickTopic, with the link you all share through Raava. This ability cannot be blocked in any way.

GM Draclord was:

GM Draclord - Avatar Roku - Firebender - Town

Born on the same day as Fire Lord Sozin, you grew up as a close friend to the man who would go on to commit genocide on the Air Nation, only becoming aware of his evil desires later in life. You managed to prevent him from fulfilling his ambitions successfully, until a great volcanic eruption on the island you called home. Fighting a losing battle against the forces of nature and the toxic volcanic ash, Sozin arrived to help you, only to leave you for dead once he realised what he could accomplish without an Avatar to oppose him. In death, you expressed your regret for not ending Sozin’s life when you had the chance.

Bending Ability - Locked

Unlock Condition: Obtain the Embodiment of Sozin’s Comet.

Locked bending abilities can still be removed.

Non-Bending Ability - Flame Cloak

This ability is passive and is in effect for the duration of the game. Your death on the Volcano has granted you the remarkable ability of 100% resistance to firebending. This ability prevents you being affected by the bending abilities of any firebender.

GM Draclord had unlocked the following abiltiy:

Bending Ability - Roku’s Revenge

This ability is passive and is in effect for the duration of the game. Obtaining the Embodiment of Sozin’s Comet has granted you firebending abilities far beyond anything you have experienced before. Now, when faced with death you will be able to take your attacker down with you rather than lay helplessly as you did when Sozin abandoned you. If you die, this ability will cause the player who killed you to die as well. If you were killed as a result of being lynched, the first player to vote for you will die instead.

The Town have Won!

With the threat of the Red Lotus gone, Avatar Aang and Katara were able to have one final moment together before the two remaining Avatars combined their powers to turn back time (somehow?) to a point before the timeline diverged into Harmonic Divergence, in effect meaning that Harmonic Divergence never happened, sort of. The World had been saved, in part thanks to many many lighting strikes mysteriously killing people who had not spoken that often and the fact that the Equalists seemed to be extreme sufferers of narcolepsy who forgot to remove the bending abilities of players.

(Yes, I know the worst ending to anything ever is that it now never happened (well, behind "it was all a dream" anyway) but I'm a physics person, not a writer, so you'll just have to deal with it I'm afraid.)

-------------------------------------------------------
Comments:

I think it's safe to say that really, most people played terribly or at least badly (that's if they bothered to play at all). Any of the remaining factions could have won the game quite capably if they had played better. The town constantly bemoaned the lack of new information, which seemed to suggest that they'd all suffered extreme memory loss of every event that had happened before that day. There was little to no looking back at past interactions with scum members (once they started to die especially), no going back to previous suspicions, it was more just "i dunno what to dooo...dus anyone have any leads?" (At least 55 different posts mention the word leads by the way, mostly just bemoaning the lack of them.) The town members with informative roles were all pretty much either wiped out early on or just didn't participate beyond the first day or two. This helped with the suggestion that there was no information, but no one really seemed to be bothered to go back and find information themselves rather than waiting for it to land it their lap.

This made it easy for the scum factions to sit back and watch the lemmings jump off their cliffs. However they then did not capitalise on this, with the Equalists making errors such as hammering a lynch of a claimed non-bender (Mr.Muffin), then at the end not sending in any targets at all. This was a very winnable game for the Equalists, especially considering the shortcomings of the other two factions.

The Red Lotus seemed to act as if they were a normal scum group, seemingly without really thinking too much about what their win-con was - to kill all the Avatars. I didn't see them discussing their impressions about who the Avatars might be until very late in the game, and then it was too late to do anything about it, especially due to the lack of kill submissions.

Then we have Bigfoot's independent. I can understand why he did what he did with revealing it, but I must say I was a little disappointed that he did reveal it. I wanted it to be a surprise and for everyone to go O,o , but oh well :p. I just want to be clear that Drohn and I discussed the idea for those roles far before the game was even posted and he was never really a player. See here.

That said, congratulations to the Avatars for carrying the town and remaining undetected for so long, which ultimately won the game for the town. Well done also, to rev3rsor, as although I don't think you ever actually blocked a kill, I think you did manage to succesfully predict who the scum would attempt to kill a large amount of the time (where you submitted the person you wanted to protect and then the RL ended up targeting that person...after the deadline). One of the key factors in the whole game was the Keeper/Camoclone lynch right at the start of the game. If Keeper had died on the random.org rather than Camoclone then we may have seen a much different game as Camo's D1 reads were for the most part extremely accurate. But anyway,

Congratulations Town!

-------------------------------------------------------
Avatar QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/XS64x3NhKCkN
Red Lotus QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/ygdEuQuyT8yk (Skype was also used.)
Bloodbender QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/8aW9RkUUYH33 (wasn't used as Skype was much easier for giving instructions)
Equalist QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/FaAS5q2pKmA3 (Skype was also used.)
Dead Chat QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/FWiRsdyHaQjN

There is also a Skype deadchat. My Skype name is ice_espeon so go to that then I can add you to the chat if we aren't already contacts.

Google Doc with roles: https://docs.google.com/document/d/142Y4b8SrRJc3duzesKmBy3rXz1sjbGibVWzp3W_3O4Y/edit?usp=sharing (note: some roles may not be fully up to date in here).
Spreadsheet with actions and crazy formula stuff: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yjCwTtbzU6nfx156xVyYscFulI9-N1XGqSMT7vdaOO4/edit?usp=sharing (note: I didn't really bother with putting in actions after night 6 as there wasn't really any point. Also some of the formatting gets messed up when importing to google spreadsheets from excel so yeah.)

Thanks for playing everyone! It was fun ;)

Teal probably shouldn't have gone for drac; if Teal was trying to paint him as scum, it would have suited Teal better to go for someone else and let the town lynch Drac themselves.

Good game, guys.

Mine and Professor Palutena's game is coming soon, very soon. I hope you will all attend and actually play.

When I joined this game I thought that we as a town were done for. However, I was surprised that all of the remaining avatar members were intact and we remained that way for quite a while. Thanks to a very inactive equalist and red lotus teams and the avatars somehow becoming the majority of the town, it became not so difficult.

That was quite a nice game, so thanks for IE for hosting and sticking with it/us all the way ^^
I was a little disappointed in not actually stopping kills, but I guess what I tried to do is attempt to predict who the scum would kill and save them. I suppose I did alright (but unfortunately without much actual success).
And yeah, I did very little/no looking back through the past which I blame on both laziness and busy-ness (not "business" :p), which probably would've helped a bit.

also yay! happy ending for me (even though i'm male in real life)

Actually, it's more bittersweet, because we'll have to be separated again, rev </3.

LOL anyway, good work for Team Avatars, I guess. Like IE said, we won this game by virtue of being the most active players hanging around in the latter part of the game, technically. Even with all the crazy abilities we had, it was still possible for the scum factions to win. IF they were actively killing. Because nearly all of the lynches were town. What really tipped it in to our favor, though, is that modkill vote. At that point all Red Lotus members were still alive and only one Equalist gone. But since out of the 7 people not up for modkill, 4 of us Avatars were there, we were guaranteed to get rid of at least 1 scum. And then the next day RL still forgot to kill. By then and afterwards, it was just us eliminating the players who weren't in our group. We weren't really deeply analyzing at that point, since the lynches were still town up until the tie with SF. We were just passive and staying in the background (which, really, is how most of the players in Team Avatars tend to be normally anyway) and then we just won the game in the end by being the majority.

I think a major contributor for the ridiculous lack of activity in this game is the forum downtime and complete upgrade. It took around a week or so, which is already a long enough time to forget what posts/events were going on in the game. Add that most players were still getting used to the new forum look and functions, and people aren't mustering the energy to look back at past posts much.

Thanks for the great game, IE. The two scum factions were interesting and the flavour of the game stuck with the theme (Avatar) well.

See you all next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back