ORAS Broken Cartridge? - Omega Ruby

thedemonbarber

Aspiring Trainer
Someone has smashed my Nintendo 2ds on the ground. It had my omega ruby inside of it, and it had my sd card as well. The console is in pieces, but the cartridge and card look unharmed. When I put the old card in the new 2ds I bought, with my old copy of supers smash bros, it loads my previously unlocked characters. When I put my old omega ruby in the new 2ds, it says it doesn't recognize a cartridge as present. I bought a new copy of omega ruby and it wants to make me start over. I don't want to lose 30 hours of playtime I've put in. Any help is greatly appreciated .

And do games use up more blocks as you progress, because smash bros is taking up 46 blocks and Pokemon is only taking up 2.

RE: Saving Trouble in Omega Ruby. Need Help Fast

If you bought a new cartridge, it's only normal that it wants you to start over, since for the cartridge you aren't starting over, you're just starting the game. I'm not sure if Nintendo had online backup, but if it doesn't, I'm sorry but there's no way to recover the data in the pther cartridge.

No, Pokemon games save to the cartridge iirc.

uh oh

is there any way to make a game that the ds doesnt recognize get better?

You could use cotton and clean the slot of the game in the ds, or you could use cotton to clean the yellow stuff on the cartidge. If that doesn't fix it, it probably is broken in the inside. The details of the smash would help here.

An angry individual took the DS and repeteadly smashed it against the ground until about 1/3 of the console was nothing but shards of plastic.

what do you mean by yellow stuff on the cartridge?

The bottom part in the back, the one the ds uses to read the data in the cartridge.
Which side of the ds was smashed against the ground? The screen or the back?

Yeah probably. You should also ask the person which part was smashed, it would help determine wether the cartridge was damaged internally or not.

I take it that if it was an angry individual smashing your console onto the ground, I definitely wouldnt go talking to them to casually ask them what part they smashed lol...

I believe some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip/cotton swab to the back gold metal card-reader slot thingys on the cartridge should do the trick- if it was a cleaning or dust problem. Odds are, if it was caused by sudden hard impact, it wouldnt be a dust issue. But its definitely worth a try.

I know that if someone smashed and broke my console with my X version (over 90+ self-caught shinies and 999 max hours) I would definitely sever all contact with this individual.
Yes I know I should probably bank all of my shinies, but that would be defeating the purpose of getting to show them off whenever I want...

Check the "yellow parts" for any scratches or cracks. Similar to how a disc would react when scratched up, it will have a hard time reading your game if it's scratched up. Even if you get it to load, chances are it'll still ack up at certain points of the game (atleast get it to where you can pokebank).

Use a magnefying glass if needed.

What I'm picturing is peices and debris from the console and the surface being smashed on, roughing up the insert parts blocking readable data. if you can identify whether or not the damage to the cartirage is external or internal would really help in finding a solution (if there is one..).

Guys the 3DS games do not save as backup like the Virtual Console games can and the SD cards do not work in the 3DS unless you transferred the data from the old 3DS first. There is no way to backup the files unless you know how to backup the files to your computer which takes illegal software to do. I do not recommend this however though unless you have a lot of data that was saved and 30 hours is not a lot of time. You can make that in 2-3
days. It does not take long to get that back. Sad to hear it was smashed.:(

Did you register your game with Club Nintendo? I forget about cases where you don't register, but I believe signing up for CN gives your games a 6-month warranty. Perhaps you can get the game repaired that way? Same with your 2DS. Might not give you your save back, but at least you won't be out money for a new system and game.

Back