ORAS ORAS Gameplay Discussion

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
In this thread you can discuss the gameplay of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and offer your opinions on the game as a whole. These can be things such as the music, graphics, story, characters, new features etc. Remember to add details to your replies rather than just making your entire post something like 'The music is really cool' as it is difficult for discussion to branch out from this.

I'm quite curious about something...

I, for one, love underwater battles. Scuba Diver and Free Diver are absolutely my favorite trainer class. However, when I battled one of these trainer, I realized something odd; I can use (Shiny, I might add =p) Metagross.... in a underwater battle. I really thought they will introduce a new type of battle; Underwater battles. Just like the sky battles, they will include restrictions and stuffs, but they didn't. I'm very disappointed with this. Are you disappointed? Do you think it was overlooked?

I don't like those restrictions because it deprives me of battling a trainer, earning the EXP and money gained for defeating them, and seeing their defeat and post-battle dialogue. I didn't have a Pokemon eligible for Sky Battles in X on my team. If underwater battles had similar restrictions I probably could've battled them with Swampert, but then my Swampert might get overleveled compared to the rest of my team, because there were a fair amount of divers.

Sky Battle restriction in X and Y were so laaaame. Hearing that they got rid of it for underwater battles sounds pretty great to me.

I can only go off of the short bit I played in the demo, but I really like the fully-controller 3D movement here. The Roller Blades were too loose. Meanwhile, on-foot movement in ORAS is just so nice. Hopefully they keep that in for the next games. Unlike a certain ignorant removal.

Back