Odd / Silly Things You Used to Think

I thought ADHD was "80HD" until I saw the term in writing. When people said it, I always heard the AD as 80, and figured it was some kind of abnormality where your body has 80 of something that it's supposed to have 79 of.

I always heard boysenberry as "poison berry" and whenever people talked about it I was thinking "Why would you want to eat a poison berry?"

I thought getting high meant picking up a flower and holding onto it so you could fly.

When I was walking through the forest one day I discovered a fallen tree and decided it was a Sudowoodo. It was a small tree, so my Dad took it home with us where I nursed it back to health. Eventually we replanted it, but it never moved again...

I used to think that, instead of Pokémon being a part of our world, that we were a part of THEIR world. Just in a region the main bulk of Pokémon hadn't got to yet. Because of this, all kinds of different things could be undiscovered Pokémon, such as the lesser-known Rotom-Computer, my Grandma's chickens (don't worry, I never made them fight one another) and Planky, a Grass-Type, also known as a broken plank of wood with marks on it that looked kinda like eyes.

I used to think that Pokemon was for kids that wet their pants

When I was 9, I got this sudden craving for Cheat Codes in video games, like the Debug Menu feature in most Sonic The Hedgehog games. I looked online for cheats on Mario Kart DS and found that someone posted 'If you Triple Star every Grand Prix on every difficulty and speed, you unlock Rainbow Cup, which features all the Rainbow Road courses from the early Kart games'. I tried as hard as I could to triple star those courses, but to no avail. I failed every time, and to this day still struggle with Mario Kart DS.

4 years later, when my 13 year-old self researched more and more about games, looking through the sprite database for Mario Kart DS on Spriters Resource, I couldn't find any images or graphics related to the fabled Rainbow Cup. I checked Google, Wiki's, etc, and I slapped myself for being such a fool in believing that 'cheat'.

Back