XY X / Y Box Art Subtly Reveals Legendaries Typing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: X/Y Box Art Subtly Reveals Legendaries Typing?

Pokequaza said:
CyberCat5555 said:
If the letters have nothing to do with DNA, then how come the Japanese logos have a DNA helix in them? Did the graphic designer just say to his friend "Hey, do you know what would be funny? If we put a helix in the Japanese logos even if DNA has no relevance to the plot at all? The fans will be arguing over it forever! Trololo!"
If the actually represented something else, then this will be the last generation of Pokemon, with is highly unlikely, or the axis theory, but I don't see how you can make an interesting plot based of directions of up and down and left and right.

How did they make an interesting plot based on rubies and sapphires? They did not. They represented the colours of the legendaries, just like the X and Y represent the shapes of the new legendaries. The names have little to do with the actual games.

There could be some DNA related thing contained within the game, but since we have absolutely no idea of what will be in the actual games, it is really pointless to argue that everything has to relate to that DNA logo. Also, if these logos where of such an importance, why did they remove them from the English logos?

Arguments can be refreshing and saying that it's pointless is ill mannered, especially when there is evidence to back up his argument where as your just saying "Don't because you don't know." There is a picture of DNA in the title. So unless we're getting a huge feature that has to do with pokemon genetics, it could be very likely that the storyline is the reasoning for this. You could be right, but saying someone elses argument is pointless is invalid.

Now what it is pointless is to keep relating the game to past generations. Of course it's pokemon so there will still be a familiar universe, but the games come out on the same date internationally; that's a first. The games are not named after a color or metal or include "version" (that could change); again, first. Also it is very likely that there will be a new element. Which hasn't happened since gen2. GF is obviously planning something grand and I think it's pointless for you to relate the game to something such as gen 3 when we have come so far since then.

sohrin305 said:
Pokequaza said:
How did they make an interesting plot based on rubies and sapphires? They did not. They represented the colours of the legendaries, just like the X and Y represent the shapes of the new legendaries. The names have little to do with the actual games.

There could be some DNA related thing contained within the game, but since we have absolutely no idea of what will be in the actual games, it is really pointless to argue that everything has to relate to that DNA logo. Also, if these logos where of such an importance, why did they remove them from the English logos?

In all honesty though, Ruby and Sapphire were meant to represent Groudon and Kyogre (land and sea). So in a sense, the colors of the stones were still relevant to the plot (the legendaries and the two antagonistic teams). Also it wasn't as if Ruby and Sapphire had as extensive and deep plots compared to Black and White and (BW2) and now X and Y. What I am taking out of this conversation is that the choice of "X and Y" may have MULTIPLE reasonings, one being DNA, another being the shape of the Legendary Pokémon, yet another about the 3D concept. Another for the Yggdrassil theory. DNA does seem to be a big part of Pokémon ever since Black and White (mostly their sequels though). However, we cannot dismiss GF's choice for being arbitrary. There has been a lot of planning and I think that these letters will become more apparently important as time goes on. The only thing I see as slightly unimportant is the color of X and Y which reflect the legendary Pokémon and also pay homage to Red and Blue version. In a way, I feel that GF is trying to use these colors to say "Yeah, it's still the Pokémon you loved for ten years, but now it's deeper, more complex and we have changed things to make the experience better." :)

But that's just my two cents.

I agree. I think some of the theorys are paralleled. For example I think that the creatures themselves are based around Yggdrassil Mytho, while there general part in the universe can lightly stem from that as well. However the whole story itself could be dealing with genetics or science. So really they theories can coexist to make a completely original story.

As many people are saying, I think for once the names might signify something about the storyline more significant that usual.

Thief said:
Pokequaza said:

Arguments can be refreshing and saying that it's pointless is ill mannered, especially when there is evidence to back up his argument where as your just saying "Don't because you don't know." There is a picture of DNA in the title. So unless we're getting a huge feature that has to do with pokemon genetics, it could be very likely that the storyline is the reasoning for this. You could be right, but saying someone elses argument is pointless is invalid.

Now what it is pointless is to keep relating the game to past generations. Of course it's pokemon so there will still be a familiar universe, but the games come out on the same date internationally; that's a first. The games are not named after a color or metal or include "version" (that could change); again, first. Also it is very likely that there will be a new element. Which hasn't happened since gen2. GF is obviously planning something grand and I think it's pointless for you to relate the game to something such as gen 3 when we have come so far since then.

''it is really pointless to argue that everything has to relate to that DNA logo.'' Learn to read. --> Learn to be respectful....

The whole point of my post was to show there is no evidence for his argument. The letters X and Y have nothing to do with DNA. What if the games were called A and B? ''I bet GameFreak is going for a dark and sinister storyline this time; look they are refering to hepatitis A and B! Those are diseases, therefore evil!''

It was not a big deal when they switched from colours to gems and metals, nobody makes a fuss about that, then why do it now?

Pokequaza said:
Thief said:

''it is really pointless to argue that everything has to relate to that DNA logo.'' Learn to read.

The whole point of my post was to show there is no evidence for his argument. The letters X and Y have nothing to do with DNA. What if the games were called A and B? ''I bet GameFreak is going for a dark and sinister storyline this time; look they are refering to hepatitis A and B! Those are diseases, therefore evil!''

It was not a big deal when they switched from colours to gems and metals, nobody makes a fuss about that, then why do it now?

Partially because of the double helix in the Japanese logos.

X-Y-logo-helix.png

Pokequaza said:
Thief said:

''it is really pointless to argue that everything has to relate to that DNA logo.'' Learn to read.

"Learn to read"?

Disrespectful.

So your whole argument here is basically that we don't have an argument. Other than that, what are you really bringing to the table?

I think the DNA thing in the logo is related to the new Mewtwo form, or Genesect, or the game's story as a whole, not the two legendary.

Jonn said:
I think the DNA thing in the logo is related to the new Mewtwo form, or Genesect, or the game's story as a whole, not the two legendary.

I could see mewtwo having some kind of important role in the games, especially if that Insider is right and it really does gain two new forms, one somehow associated with mew, THE DNA pokemon. (This somehow gives me hope mew might be directly obtainable in the game, too). Maybe they'll make one mewtwo forme available in each game and call them mewtwo x and y form? Just a thought.

Thief said:
Pokequaza said:

"Learn to read"?

Disrespectful.

So your whole argument here is basically that we don't have an argument. Other than that, what are you really bringing to the table?

No it is not, I clearly said ''everything'', and you ignored it.

Mostly yes. People have been saying that the DNA relates to the X and Y, as in chromosomes. However, this does not make any sense, neither does the relation between the DNA and Yveltal and Xerneas. I said multiple times, thoughout multiple threads, that if a portion of the games can relate to DNA icon, it will have nothing to do with the two legendaries.

If you want to hear on of my personal thoughts about an aspect of the game, ask me, I am not going to repeat everything I ''brought to the table''.

I'm surprised no one has directly brought up the X, Y and Z axes. The DNA motif is a good possibility, but the primary theme of the titles is probably axes. X is horizontal, Y is vertical. Xerneas is a land animal, Yveltal is a bird. Unless they pull another BW2 or something else entirely, the third game would be Z, the other horizontal axis. I mean, the games are in 3D, right?
Please don't shoot me in the foot for this, Pokequaza; I realize we don't have much evidence to support a Z except for having an X and a Y. :p Furthermore, while the third legendary is speculated to be a snake, we have no proof there whatsoever. Still, it's an interesting thought.

Gentlefish said:
I'm surprised no one has directly brought up the X, Y and Z axes. The DNA motif is a good possibility, but the primary theme of the titles is probably axes. X is horizontal, Y is vertical. Xerneas is a land animal, Yveltal is a bird. Unless they pull another BW2 or something else entirely, the third game would be Z, the other horizontal axis. I mean, the games are in 3D, right?
Please don't shoot me in the foot for this, Pokequaza; I realize we don't have much evidence to support a Z except for having an X and a Y. :p Furthermore, while the third legendary is speculated to be a snake, we have no proof there whatsoever. Still, it's an interesting thought.

Is your avatar the 3rd legendary? :p
But really, I would love if the Z legendary is a yellow aquatic fish Pokemon. You know, to match the others as you've stated.

I just don't see how axes can play any role whatsoever, other than pointing out the games are on the 3DS...

Jonn said:
Is your avatar the 3rd legendary? :p
But really, I would love if the Z legendary is a yellow aquatic fish Pokemon. You know, to match the others as you've stated.

Haha! I'm afraid not. ...Then again, maybe I'm an undercover Nintendo employee. :p
That would be neat, and it would almost be like a combination of the X-axis and Y-axis motif; fish kinda just move in whatever direction pleases them - though to be fair birds do, too, if not quite as freely.

Mitja said:
I just don't see how axes can play any role whatsoever, other than pointing out the games are on the 3DS...

Well, that's kinda what I meant. It's because they're on the 3DS. Heck, aside from Black and White, the version names have never had much significance. Of course, after Black and White, all bets are off as far as patterns go...

Xerneas will be Fairy/Steel

Yveltal will be Fairy/Dark

At least that is where I'd put my money.

Rozureido said:
Xerneas will be Fairy/Steel

Yveltal will be Fairy/Dark

At least that is where I'd put my money.

That's a pretty odd gamble. Fairy isn't even confirmed yet, and they don't look like the fairy type to me.

Mitja said:
Pokequaza said:
Organisms also contain minerals, water, and heat; I guess it will be Grass/Electric/Rock/Water/Fire then. So TheY wilL introduze mUltiplee typez!

hahah

as funny as that sounds tho, I've considered something similar.
What if the 4 colors represented different elements?
And it would have a secondary type that changes every turn between
Normal/Electric
Normal/Fire
Normal/Psychic
Normal/Water

I know it won't happen, but it would be interesting.
Won't happen, but I would LOVE that. But with Fairy instead of Normal.

Why does everyone seem so sure of the Fairy type's existence? It's a rumor that came into being after there was speculation about it (as far as I can tell), and frankly I don't really trust rumors that seem to match up with what we'd expect or what we'd hope for. Heck, I don't even trust Inkay and Malimar, considering they came from the same source (correct me if I'm wrong). Of course, I have to admit I'm biased against this new type. Fairy. It just seems... Well, look at Sylveon. That's not the kind of aesthetic I usually like on my Pokemon. :p

Anyway, I'm putting my money on Xerneas being part Steel. The bladed legs, the overall sharp-and-pointy appearance, and the fact that we already have Lucario for a blue mammalian Steel-type all appear to support this. And if Yveltal isn't Dark/Flying I'll be pretty surprised. Unless it was Steel-type as well, somehow - it has the claws for it. Still, I'd be surprised.

Gentlefish said:
Why does everyone seem so sure of the Fairy type's existence? It's a rumor that came into being after there was speculation about it (as far as I can tell), and frankly I don't really trust rumors that seem to match up with what we'd expect or what we'd hope for. Heck, I don't even trust Inkay and Malimar, considering they came from the same source (correct me if I'm wrong). Of course, I have to admit I'm biased against this new type. Fairy. It just seems... Well, look at Sylveon. That's not the kind of aesthetic I usually like on my Pokemon. :p

Anyway, I'm putting my money on Xerneas being part Steel. The bladed legs, the overall sharp-and-pointy appearance, and the fact that we already have Lucario for a blue mammalian Steel-type all appear to support this. And if Yveltal isn't Dark/Flying I'll be pretty surprised. Unless it was Steel-type as well, somehow - it has the claws for it. Still, I'd be surprised.
I like your thinking. Also, I was thinking Xerneas would be some combination of Steel, Electric and Psychic as well, they are the only types that I can see Xerneas being.

Gentlefish said:
Why does everyone seem so sure of the Fairy type's existence?

Sylveon.

Eeveelutions trademark is how obviously they embody their types on 3 levels. Its the only way its existence makes any sense, that's why.

Gentlefish said:

The fact that Hirobyte and WPM's source (who have both proven that their info is the real deal) have confirmed it. Also, like Mitja said, Sylveon is the embodiment of Fairy type (like how all Eeveelutions clearly match their type).

Am I the only one that can't see Xerneas as a Steel type? The fact its blue has nothing to do with it (Heracross' blue is similar to Xerneas' blue, XERNEAS BUG TYPE). The legs remind me of Psychic and Electric more than Steel, and Lucario has nothing to do with it. The fact there's a mammal with the same color as it is no evidence for anything. Yveltal and Groudon are both red legendaries, Yveltal has a good chance of becoming a Ground type
I'm still going with these predicted types for Xerneas
-Pure Fairy
-Fairy/Grass
-Fairy/Electric
(I'm still on Dark/Flying or Fighting/Flying for Yveltal)

The one type we can clearly see with the legendaries is Yveltal being Flying. Don't go givin me any Levitate nonsense. Mascot Legendaries always have counterpart OR matching abilities (Pressure, Drizzle/Drought, Turboblaze/Teravolt). If Yveltal is a levitator, then Xerneas would need a counterpart ability (lol having perma Gravity as an ability) OR Levitate. Xerneas clearly doesn't have Levitate.

It seems to me that Y's art is supposed to be reflecting that xerneas is a spirit/protector of a forest or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back