Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
According to a press release from Nintendo, Pokemon Scarlet & Violet have sold more copies in their first three days than any game in Nintendo’s history during the same time period. This obviously makes it the biggest Pokemon launch ever.
The games have sold over 10 million units worldwide in their first three days. This includes 4.05 million units in Japan.
This news is in spite of the fact the game is riddled with visual bugs and frame rate issues, as you can see across social media and YouTube. However, most fans and review sites (including PokeBeach) seem to agree the game is one of the most enjoyable in Pokemon history.
All the new Scarlet & Violet Pokemon can be...

[url="https://www.pokebeach.com/2022/11/pokemon-scarlet-violet-is-now-nintendos-biggest-launch-in-history"]Continue reading...

Last edited:

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
I'm really tempted to put in a support ticket, pleading for them to release a patch to fix things... the amount of times I have thought they needed to fix things while playing the game is more than I can count.

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
The sad reality as a pokemon fan is that we are going to consoom it anyways, shit or not. I like the game alot but my god the framerate issues, glitches and crashes are horrible!

Somehow PLA had less issues and that was Game Freaks introduction to a full out open world game, wonder what happened to SV dev.

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
The sad reality as a pokemon fan is that we are going to consoom it anyways, shit or not. I like the game alot but my god the framerate issues, glitches and crashes are horrible!

Somehow PLA had less issues and that was Game Freaks introduction to a full out open world game, wonder what happened to SV dev.
Needs to be out by Christmas deadline is probably what happened

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Glitches and bugs have always existed in Pokémon games since day 1. Like the MissingNo glitch, Mew glitch, growing berries glitch, Lv.100 before Brock, etc..

I really wish GameFreak would take the time to make high quality games instead of rushing to finish games in poor quality. But business be like "quantity and profits before quality" because consumers will buy them regardless.

Personally, I have yet to play Sca/Vio, so thanks PokeBeach and people in these comments for not spoiling the story too much ;)

TATECE1234

gotem
Unpopular opinion maybe, but the glitches and bugs make the game more enjoyable to me as it's just hilariously unfinished. It's gonna get patched, we all know it, but my god there's some funny jank in these games. It's just the Skyrim of Pokemon.
The glitches are funny, I agree. But they aren’t getting patched. There’s still game breaking bugs in swsh they never patched

Prof. Lev

Gotta pull 'em all!
This surprises me. I'm just a card collector but recently decided to play through Sword & Shield hoping it would get better and develop into a decent game but it never did. The fact it didn't put people off playing the next in the series is one thing, but seeing the opposite happen is madness.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Initially excited for the game following the leak cycle throughout the whole year, I actually ordered the double pack as I was excited to shiny hunt Paradox Pokemon and the like. However, I had to file for a refund as the game's technical issues went anywhere from distracting to headache-inducing.

I have low expectations for Pokemon games these days, but you know what I expect the games to do? WORK.

The games barely run and look worse than a GameCube launch title. This is the only time that I've ever had to get a refund for a game. I've never been this disappointed by a release in my entire life- That isn't hyperbole either. That's just the fact of the matter in my personal life.

I'm glad some people can find the enjoyment in this game- I just couldn't. And the sad part is, there IS a solid game underneath everything, just the horrid non-optimization of the game never lets you actually PLAY it because the nightmarish hellscape of bugs, glitches, and horrid visuals like low-res repeating textures and morphing cliff faces gets too in the way. Fun.

Last edited:

gemjadem

fukuda enjoyer
the other thing to remember about this is i imagine a LOT of these sales are from parents just wanting to get their kid "the new pokemon game" - not really caring about the quality or even knowing anything about pokemon at all. i'm NOT saying the whole "oh relax it's just a game for kids it doesn't need to be good" argument bc obviously that's garbage; at the same time a HUGE portion of the fanbase IS children, whose parents will unquestioningly buy them the latest game regardless of actual quality.

like i think that's why no matter what longtime fans think of each new game that comes out relative to the history of the franchise, each new pokemon game will always sell - because "Kids Love Pokemon" is an unchangeable law of the universe lol, and most parents are just gonna buy whatever's on the shelves. i work with kids and it feels like it's just as big with them now as it was when i was in elementary school 20 years ago. i wish nintendo/gamefreak/the pokemon company could actually be affected by critical opinion but the frachise honestly feels "too big to fail" at this point lol

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
the other thing to remember about this is i imagine a LOT of these sales are from parents just wanting to get their kid "the new pokemon game" - not really caring about the quality or even knowing anything about pokemon at all. i'm NOT saying the whole "oh relax it's just a game for kids it doesn't need to be good" argument bc obviously that's garbage; at the same time a HUGE portion of the fanbase IS children, whose parents will unquestioningly buy them the latest game regardless of actual quality.

like i think that's why no matter what longtime fans think of each new game that comes out relative to the history of the franchise, each new pokemon game will always sell - because "Kids Love Pokemon" is an unchangeable law of the universe lol, and most parents are just gonna buy whatever's on the shelves. i work with kids and it feels like it's just as big with them now as it was when i was in elementary school 20 years ago. i wish nintendo/gamefreak/the pokemon company could actually be affected by critical opinion but the frachise honestly feels "too big to fail" at this point lol
I don't think that's absolutely doomed to be the case. If these games are so glitchy and disfunctional, kids will get frustrated playing it and it won't be cool to play them. Kids will stop asking for Pokémon games for Christmas or their birthdays, etc. and it would means sales would take a hit.

(People will make bad-faith arguments that Pokémon was always glitchy, but it was never game-breakingly glitchy to the point of making the games unenjoyable, and most of the "oh my gosh the old games are soooo glitchy" arguments are pedantic overanalysis of the games in question 15-20+ years after their initial releases. The old Pokémon games are impressive technical feats for a number of reasons and compare very well to other games released around the same time.)

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I swear this quote only becomes more and more relevant each year.
Unpopular opinion maybe, but the glitches and bugs make the game more enjoyable to me as it's just hilariously unfinished. It's gonna get patched, we all know it, but my god there's some funny jank in these games. It's just the Skyrim of Pokemon.
Honestly, I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a long list of reasons for why I do not like SwSh. It took three years and a friend's recommendation to begrudgingly buy Shield at a discounted price, and I cannot tell you how many times I have said I regret buying it. But on the flip side, I love Legends Arceus so much, it lulled me into being cautiously optimistic about SV, so I bought one. But at this point, I've just been laughing at all the issues that I've encountered. It's like I want to play through the good open world Pokemon game that I know is there, but it keeps distracting me with amusing visual oddities and lagginess. And I just think about how this is a $60 game, from the highest grossing franchise in the world, and it released the way it did, and they'll have the nerve to ask everyone to buy the DLC.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Being enjoyable (and I am enjoying myself) and being good, are two different things.

Glitches and bugs have always existed in Pokémon games since day 1. Like the MissingNo glitch, Mew glitch, growing berries glitch, Lv.100 before Brock, etc..

The difference between these two things is you're not likely to run into those glitches in a normal playthrough. Hell the Trainer Fly Glitch (Mew Glitch) wasn't discovered until 2003. I guess the exception is the Ruby Sapphire Clock glitch but that's it really

Last edited:

ProfesserPopplio

Professional Air Breather
I don't think that's absolutely doomed to be the case. If these games are so glitchy and disfunctional, kids will get frustrated playing it and it won't be cool to play them. Kids will stop asking for Pokémon games for Christmas or their birthdays, etc. and it would means sales would take a hit.

(People will make bad-faith arguments that Pokémon was always glitchy, but it was never game-breakingly glitchy to the point of making the games unenjoyable, and most of the "oh my gosh the old games are soooo glitchy" arguments are pedantic overanalysis of the games in question 15-20+ years after their initial releases. The old Pokémon games are impressive technical feats for a number of reasons and compare very well to other games released around the same time.)
My little bro doesn’t care about the graphics in the slightest, I think kids are more interested in the battles and the fun.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
We'll see if it has legs. Most people bought it without knowing it was released 3-4 years early, so with word of the most broken game ever released travelling, I imagine sales will fall off a cliff after this.

There needs to be a class action filed against Nintendo, TPC and Game Freak for this really. This game is barely in an alpha state.