Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
As posted last month, Japan will see the release of a Paradigm Trigger “Mystery Box.” It will randomly contain one of four promo cards, one of four deck boxes with matching card sleeves, and seven booster packs of Paradigm Trigger.

Paradigm-Trigger-Mystery-Box-2-300x169.png

Paradigm-Trigger-Mystery-Box-7-300x169.png

Japan’s official PTCG YouTube channel has posted an opening of the product, revealing some of the items you can pull.
The back of the product reveals an alternate art Lugia V promo and Lugia deck box / card sleeves:

Paradigm-Trigger-Mystery-Box-1-300x169.png

Lugia-V-Promo-Deck-Box-300x175.jpg

The box opened in the video contained an alternate art Unown V promo and another set of Lugia merch drawn in an “ancient”...

Continue reading...

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, hey. Why is the 'English' Pokémon logo on this product box? I haven't bought any Japanese SWSH-era TCG products, but for the SM era, that wasn't a thing I saw anywhere other than the Korean TCG (and EN and its associated editions, obviously).

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, hey. Why is the 'English' Pokémon logo on this product box? I haven't bought any Japanese SWSH-era TCG products, but for the SM era, that wasn't a thing I saw anywhere other than the Korean TCG (and EN and its associated editions, obviously).
That's the logo on the back of Japanese cards

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Japan doesn't count. If we don't get it in the west no one got it
lol you say this as a joke but people actually believe it
That's the logo on the back of Japanese cards
Yeah but it doesn't show up on their TCG marketing. Not in set logos, not on product boxes, not on boosters.. and for the video games, the only exception would be the deliberate, conspicuous, use of the EN "Pokémon" logo for PLA.

Last edited:

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
I actually do think that Japan gets way too many promos. They also get too many exclusive promos. How messed up is it we couldn't even get Mario Pikachu and Luigi Pikachu in the west, when Nintendo owns (parts) of both of them?

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
Can't wait to get generic lugia art on our products instead of new, unique art!!!!11!! (Although any place besides NA/EU gets even more shafted by not even getting anything I suppose)

vinyl_warrior

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah but it doesn't show up on their TCG marketing. Not in set logos, not on product boxes, not on boosters.. and for the video games, the only exception would be the deliberate, conspicuous, use of the EN "Pokémon" logo for PLA.
If it’s the yellow and blue official Pokémon logo you’re talking about, it’s been on all the SwSh card packs and boxes.

You can see it here on the launch page for SwSh:
And on the starter deck product packages:

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
So... You buy this and you got no clue which deck box and sleeves you'll get? That is rough!