PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello again everyone! The new season is now upon us, and after an exciting World Championships, I, like many of you, am ready to get down to business and try and get that invite to Yokohama!
The first Regional Championships are right around the corner, in which we’ll see our last event of the Astral Radiance format, and our first glimpse of the new Lost Origin format. The first Regional Championships awkwardly falls right before Lost Origin becomes legal for tournament play, so it will be roughly the same as the North America International Championships and the World Championships. At this point, the Astral Radiance format has had quite a bit of play, so I’m not going to go over it in this article; instead, I would recommend taking a look at the World Championship results, and checking out some of the PokeBeach articles over that format. Rather than keep rehashing things, I’m instead going to share some of my insight into the Lost Origin format, which will be our tournament format...

Continue reading...

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
Duraludon VMAX is gonna spam this for sure. But i can't imagine VSTARs making use of this card as well since most require 2 Colored & 1 Colorless energy to attack. o_O

Dwarf240

Aspiring Trainer
Aerodactyl V*, Goodra V*, and Giratina V* (speed, bulk, or power, respectively) are going to change how the game will be played. And, Fantina will be one of the major cards to keep track of, going forward.

Luca

Aspiring Trainer
Aerodactyl V*, Goodra V*, and Giratina V* (speed, bulk, or power, respectively) are going to change how the game will be played. And, Fantina will be one of the major cards to keep track of, going forward.
Turbo radiant zard lists can use mirage gate to become super fast, lost zone box could be new best single prize deck in format

Dwarf240

Aspiring Trainer
Turbo radiant zard lists can use mirage gate to become super fast, lost zone box could be new best single prize deck in format
Just make sure Lost City isn't out because KOing Zard can end the main strategy, unless a secondary strategy or back-up plan is used.

MayFlower

Aspiring Trainer
Firstly wanted to say good article! Second, why no fantina in the giratina decklist? I feel like it could do well there!

Zakary Krekeler

Aspiring Trainer
Firstly wanted to say good article! Second, why no fantina in the giratina decklist? I feel like it could do well there!
First, thank you for the compliment - I'm glad you enjoyed the article! As for the Giratina deck, Fantina is certainly an interesting card, and one that definitely has a lot of potential depending on how the meta shakes out. In the list I have in here, I'm a bit more focused on making sure that the deck can pull off the setup and early-game stuff that you need to succeed, which Fantina doesn't help with, hence why it isn't in there. With that said, the logic behind including it would be similar to the Radiant Gardevoir; that is, if you can get them to miss even one knockout, it should be enough to get you the win. When I was playing with Fantina, it did have a tendency to feel like a bit of a "win-more" card sometimes, where it mainly had usage in games that were already decently in-hand, but I think that if the meta ends up being such where you're expecting to face a lot of decks where you're simply trading OHKOs throughout the match (so the mirror match, hisuian zoroark vstar, palkia vstar), then having a copy of Fantina would be well worth the spot.

MayFlower

Aspiring Trainer
First, thank you for the compliment - I'm glad you enjoyed the article! As for the Giratina deck, Fantina is certainly an interesting card, and one that definitely has a lot of potential depending on how the meta shakes out. In the list I have in here, I'm a bit more focused on making sure that the deck can pull off the setup and early-game stuff that you need to succeed, which Fantina doesn't help with, hence why it isn't in there. With that said, the logic behind including it would be similar to the Radiant Gardevoir; that is, if you can get them to miss even one knockout, it should be enough to get you the win. When I was playing with Fantina, it did have a tendency to feel like a bit of a "win-more" card sometimes, where it mainly had usage in games that were already decently in-hand, but I think that if the meta ends up being such where you're expecting to face a lot of decks where you're simply trading OHKOs throughout the match (so the mirror match, hisuian zoroark vstar, palkia vstar), then having a copy of Fantina would be well worth the spot.
That all makes sense, I appreciate the reply!