Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We’ve received insider information about upcoming Japanese releases!
We now have confirmation Incandescent Arcana will release in Japan on September 2nd. The sell sheet shows the set will feature Alolan Vulpix VSTAR — yes, you read that right. Though not confirmed yet, the sell sheet seems to imply Alolan Vulpix VSTAR will get a Character Rare with Lillie. During the Sun & Moon anime, Lillie and her Alolan Vulpix (Snowy) were a popular pair. This carried over to other parts of the franchise too.

Snowy-and-Lillie-Alolan-Vulpix-1-200x113.png

Alolan-Vulpix-Lillie-200x114.jpg

Alolan-Vulpix-Lillie-1-175x200.jpg

Lately the TCG has been giving unevolved Pokemon more attention, such as making...

Continue reading...

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Ignoring the Lizardon in the room for a hot second, I think we should all keep a further eye on VSTAR Universe. Regardless of the market situation, the annual reprint sets are always full of surprises!

Digg07

Aspiring Trainer
Comparing the Alolan Vulpix getting quote special treatment as precedented by Eevee and Pikachu isn't exactly quite right because they have gigantimax forms in the games, so they needed to have cards featuring those forms. Vulpix will be the first preevo without a special form to receive this treatment

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
All of Japan's sets fell one month behind starting with Single Strike Master/Rapid Strike Master (Battle Styles), so it's unsurprising that the Scarlet & Violet base set will release in January.

Since the start of Sun & Moon, the first main set to increment the Regulation Marks (the set that would line up with the start of a new generation every three years) was released in December in Japanese and February in English. That was until Single Strike Master/Rapid Strike Master (the first set with Regulation Mark E) was delayed until January, and English's Battle Styles was delayed until March (due to COVID).

English caught up by shortening the release time between Chilling Reign and Evolving Skies to two months instead of three. But Japan hasn't made up the lost time. Star Birth (Regulation Mark F) released in January in Japanese and Brilliant Stars was released in February in English.

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
All of Japan's sets fell one month behind starting with Single Strike Master/Rapid Strike Master (Battle Styles), so it's unsurprising that the Scarlet & Violet base set will release in January.

Since the start of Sun & Moon, the first main set to increment the Regulation Marks (the set that would line up with the start of a new generation every three years) was released in December in Japanese and February in English. That was until Single Strike Master/Rapid Strike Master (the first set with Regulation Mark E) was delayed until January, and English's Battle Styles was delayed until March (due to COVID).

English caught up by shortening the release time between Chilling Reign and Evolving Skies to two months instead of three. But Japan hasn't made up the lost time. Star Birth (Regulation Mark F) released in January in Japanese and Brilliant Stars was released in February in English.
In fact, it seems Japan isn't releasing an August set, which is off of their one set per month thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Scarlet/Violet base sees a worldwide release in February.

Mimikyu

Aspiring Trainer
Ignoring the Lizardon in the room for a hot second, I think we should all keep a further eye on VSTAR Universe. Regardless of the market situation, the annual reprint sets are always full of surprises!
In before they release the Alt Arts / Shiny Versions of all the Vs that got missed in sets this year. (I'm looking at you Hisuian Zoroark)

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I like how the TCG is so parodic at this point that we can't even have one ultra rare Charizard released (Radiant Charizard in Go) before the next one coming off the assembly line is announced.
I AM CLAWING MY EYES OUT. HOW CAN A COMPANY BE THIS SHAMELESSLY GREEDY??? Imagine you wake up one day and EA teases a new fifa the same day one is released. That's how insane this is to me.