steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
All 6 of the Regis will be featured in S10D Time Gazer and S10P Space Juggler! The sets will be released in Japan on April 8th, and will then be featured as part of our Astral Radiance set releasing in May! Registeel, Regigigas, and Regieleki will be featured in Time Gazer, while Regirock, Regice, and Regidrago will be in Space Juggler. Thanks goes to Bangiras for translations!
Regice – Water – HP130
Basic Pokemon
[C] Regi Gate: Search your deck for a Basic Pokemon and put it onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.
[W][W][C] Blizzard Bind: 100 damage. If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon V, it can’t attack during your opponent’s next turn.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Regirock –...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
Someone is going to have to explain to me why Regieleki has 3 retreat. They managed to go the wrong direction from the last one.

Anyway, cool stuff, neat gimmick, looking forward to making people laugh at locals with these. Using Net to set up multiple Regis in one turn might be a thing, Rock/Steel/Eleki probably the main attackers? Rock killing Arceuses makes it mildly compelling. Can also Raihan + attach + ability to push Gigas towards VMAX OHKO's with Belt? Should be fun.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Someone is going to have to explain to me why Regieleki has 3 retreat. They managed to go the wrong direction from the last one.

Anyway, cool stuff, neat gimmick, looking forward to making people laugh at locals with these. Using Net to set up multiple Regis in one turn might be a thing, Rock/Steel/Eleki probably the main attackers? Rock killing Arceuses makes it mildly compelling. Can also Raihan + attach + ability to push Gigas towards VMAX OHKO's with Belt? Should be fun.
Except VSTAR slowly took the spotlight nowadays with Arceus VSTAR being everywhere. About Mew, Mightyena is in our May set, meaning Mew decks warned about this.

Regis - Firstly, Drago is just the worse Kricketune. Pre-rotation, we have Scoop Up Net. Post-rotation, you'll gonna struggle. Secondly, Urshifu can just snipe 2 Regis and ruin your setup. I see someone playing this weirdly with Moltres, so don't tell me that Urshifu is irrelevant now Thirdly, Hoenn Regis are just bad. Fourthly, with VSTARs starting to become relevant, VMAX become less and less prominent, as time goes by. Meaning Regigigas with Choice Belt, can KO a Crobat for 5 energy. That's awkward, mate. 2,2,2,3-4,3-4,3-4

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
this really seemlike the right direction for the game

gigas is not good, does nothing to vstars

Flamewheel

Your Friendly INTJ
LOL, why does Regieleki have 3 Retreat??

Also, it looks like Regigigas doesn’t specify Basic Energy? LOL so if that’s the case, you can attach 3 Twin or Double Turbo from Discard, that’s neat.

Yay for giant memes!

Flamewheel

Your Friendly INTJ
Except VSTAR slowly took the spotlight nowadays with Arceus VSTAR being everywhere. About Mew, Mightyena is in our May set, meaning Mew decks warned about this.

Regis - Firstly, Drago is just the worse Kricketune. Pre-rotation, we have Scoop Up Net. Post-rotation, you'll gonna struggle. Secondly, Urshifu can just snipe 2 Regis and ruin your setup. I see someone playing this weirdly with Moltres, so don't tell me that Urshifu is irrelevant now Thirdly, Hoenn Regis are just bad. Fourthly, with VSTARs starting to become relevant, VMAX become less and less prominent, as time goes by. Meaning Regigigas with Choice Belt, can KO a Crobat for 5 energy. That's awkward, mate. 2,2,2,3-4,3-4,3-4
I mean, to be fair, he’s not arguing that the deck is good, just that it is a deck, and a giant meme at that.

Nyora

A Cat
Regirock does 140 damage. For the time the card is available, Scoop Up Net could allow a Regigigas to use it's ability up to twice a turn. That's hot, given I think you're legitimately trying to use the other Regis in this deck. Granted the translation isn't incorrect, it also attaches Energy- meaning possibly Twin Energy as well. I think the only thing this is missing is spread. All the Regis can hit a bit short of what they need (aside from Regirock he is a good boy), so having something to weaken the field a little bit first would be greatly appreciated. Regigigas would also be able to attach Powerful [C] Energy to itself, meaning that it very well could be taking OHKOs on VMAX Pokemon. This does seem a tad difficult to play, not sure how you're easily switching your Regis. Also, a lot of the cards I mentioned here rotate soon, so if this was to have a fighting chance, it may not be for long.

Do I think this is good? No. But this is by far my favourite regi thing to date given the pool of cards and how decent a couple of the regis actually are (like my good boy Regirock). It could, like Hat Ladies, also be a meme engine too.

Speed isn't THE determining factor for retreat costs. It's mostly to do with thiccness, which Regieleki is. And then balance.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
I got really excited for Regigigas for about two seconds, read Rhyperior point out that it only swings VMAXes, and then got really disappointed.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Very interesting, and a very clever reference to Sword and Shield's Crown Tundra DLC as here, you can't use the Ability of Regigigas unless you have the other five Regis in play. In the Crown Tundra, you can't catch Regigigas unless you have Regi's Rock, Ice, Steel, Eleki and Drago in your party.

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!

You do realize Regirock OHKO's Arceus VSTAR with zero assistance, yes? Turns out being a Fighting-type 1-prizer right now has intrinsic value. The deck 100% demolishes anything Arceus-focused, and I still expect Arceus to see the most play out of any VSTAR because of the flexibility. Something like Arceus/Inteleon would just fold to Regirock. Also Regirock kills Crobat anyway.

Alternatively, I realized you can just power up Regidrago from Evolving Skies and slap a Belt on to immediately do 270 to anything; that might just be more effective since I agree with you that the draw ability on the Drago is not particularly compelling. You have Regirock to take down Arceus, after which I believe the only VSTAR you're not getting with Drago outright is Origin Dialga? Everything else is either 270 or below except Charizard (damages itself) and O!Palkia (weak to Regieleki so dies with a Belt to either this new one, or the EVS one). Then you can just put in Gigas in for VMAXes (and play a couple of Twin Energy because you can accelerate them from the discard to fulfill the energy requirement! also lets you play Auroras to smooth out the attachments to the other guys), since that'll hit 330 and you only miss Eternatus which, spoilers, also dies to Regirock with said Belt.

You'll also likely opt to play at least a split of Regieleki, if not just all Evolving Skies, because EVS is darn good into any one-prizer deck that thinks they're gonna get away with not playing Manaphy.

Deck is very funny and will probably pull off some highlight reel moments at locals and online tournaments. Will it make a splash at bigger events? Probably not, but that's most decks. It's nice to see something that's both fun and potentially somewhat effective, this is cool design space.

TandemTCG

Aspiring Trainer
I would like to point out that all the artists for each of these Regis are new, with the exception of maybe Regice or Registeel, as I'm not 100% sure if they're new or not. Good stuff.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I would like to point out that all the artists for each of these Regis are new, with the exception of maybe Regice or Registeel, as I'm not 100% sure if they're new or not. Good stuff.
Hatachu (Registeel) has been featured on cards since BW: Boundaries Crossed and Souichirou Gunjima (Regirock) has been featured since Shining Fates.
Although DOM (Regidrago) and shiburingaru (Regieleki) were also featured in Brilliant Stars, but I can consider them new, and Yuka Oka (Gigas) and aoki (Regice) are completely new! But I definitely agreed! The range of new(er) artists lately has been amazing!

DragonRage

Rayquaza is pog
Arts, as usual, are cool. Just wondering if they'll do alt arts, which is usually pretty rare for these "common rare" cards, as I like to call them. I don't really see these cards on a competitive level, especially 'cause my boy Regigigas reflects exactly his in-game Ability : Slow Start. But hey, the Regi-Gate "attack" (more like an Ability with a price) can change that.
Also, it's funny that PTCG is reprinting new cards for the gen 4 Mythicals/Legendaries... I'm wondering if they'll make remakes of the other games. Origin Zygarde ? I won't sleep tonight.

The Blast Boys

Aspiring Trainer
The Regi Gate attacks should have let you search for 3 pokemon whose names start with Regi- and put them to the bench to give this a better chance of setting up. I'd even have taken 2

The Fish

0.o
Hatachu (Registeel) has been featured on cards since BW: Boundaries Crossed and Souichirou Gunjima (Regirock) has been featured since Shining Fates.
Although DOM (Regidrago) and shiburingaru (Regieleki) were also featured in Brilliant Stars, but I can consider them new, and Yuka Oka (Gigas) and aoki (Regice) are completely new! But I definitely agreed! The range of new(er) artists lately has been amazing!
Yuya Oka has been around since Chilling Reign; they drew Fletchinder and the SS Snorlax CoroCoro promo which was released before. They also drew Bastiodon from this set. Aoki is a new artist though.

ht14

Substitute Trainer
Yuya Oka has been around since Chilling Reign; they drew Fletchinder and the SS Snorlax CoroCoro promo which was released before. They also drew Bastiodon from this set. Aoki is a new artist though.

Depending on how you define "new", aoki is not completely new, as they have drawn for VMAX Climax (Frosmoth, Zacian V), and the more recent S-P Promo for Mallow & Lana.