Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
All regular cards from S9a Battle Region have just been revealed by the Japanese Pokemon TCG website!
The set’s associated Lucario VSTAR and Darkrai VSTAR decks have also been revealed. Both the set and the decks will release in Japan next Friday.
This will be the first set to feature new Pokemon from Hisui, such as Kleavor, Wyrdeer, and the Starter Evolutions.

Battle-Region-300x186.jpg

Many or all of the cards from this set will join those from Time Gazer and Space Juggler to become part of our Astral Radiance set, which releases internationally on May 27th.
Note the set should now be called...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I really hope each of the starters are playable...I don't want to have waited so long only for them to be F tier, and nor should I. The first regional forms for any starters should have great cards..Also, where are the Sparkling cards?? There's so little...

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Nice introduction for the Hisuian starters with Shin Nagasawa. VSTARs look like trash though.

Not really sure how the CHR/CSR cards are going to work out since there doesn't seem to be much space besides those that have been revealed.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
I really hope each of the starters are playable...I don't want to have waited so long only for them to be F tier, and nor should I. The first regional forms for any starters should have great cards..Also, where are the Sparkling cards?? There's so little...
There's a Shigenori Negishi Heatran which looks terrible. Really don't like his artwork and now it doesn't even have a background lol.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
There's a Shigenori Negishi Heatran which looks terrible. Really don't like his artwork and now it doesn't even have a background lol.
Not only is it awful art, it's...heatran. One of the least liked legendaries and one of the worst shinies. People used to get stoned for this buffoonery...

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
68Vileplume CHR
69Chandelure CHR with Shauntal
70Wyrdeer CHR with Azeru
71Kleavor CHR with Lian
72Miltank CHR
73Virizion V FA
74Starmie V FA
75Hisuian Typhlosion V FA
76Hisuian Decidueye V FA
77Hisuian Samurott V FA
78Garchomp V FA
79Cyllene FA
80Roxanne FA
81Kamado FA
82Virizion V CSR
83Starmie V CSR with Misty
84Garchomp V CSR with Cynthia

This is what I'm guessing is the secret rare lineup.

So far holos are CHRs, so Vileplume is the only one before Chandelure. Probaby another one with Erika. Then Miltank with Whitney is the most obvious choice after. Only other holo after Kleavor is Absol.

Then instead of going to the CSRs, they'll put in the full art Vs and trainers. One extra space for Virizion V CSR since it's the only other V besides Starmie and Garchomp.

Kinda weird that the Hisuian starters don't get any CSR but perhaps there might be VSTAR CSRs or something or maybe alternate art VSTARs (plz no, having that stupid star be there will be fugly).

Just realized I forgot to put in any alternate arts - most likely the 3 starters but I've got no space now, so maybe the whole list has to be thrown out lolz.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
For the past year I've been clamoring for some sort of Hex Maniac retrain, mostly to run as a 1 of for Expanded since various lockdown decks are such a pain in the rear there... and hypothetically one that only works during your turn so that it's not as busted as Hex Maniac which cannot come off the ban list (unless VS Seeker is banned). Well it looks like we finally got one in the form of Canceling Lure, and while being an item card is generally stronger than being a supporter, the monkey paw certainly curled for me because now it does nothing against item lock which many of these lockdown type of decks run (but it does help against Honchrow GX I guess, though I don't know if I'd want to run it for that match-up specifically).

On the standard side of things it can be an out to things like the new Miltank in this set and an alternate option over using Phoebe, and you can also loop it with the new Floatzel to perpetually shut down abilities like Galarian Weezing's while recycling a second item card.

Last edited:

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
For the past year I've been clamoring for some sort of Hex Maniac retrain, mostly to run as a 1 of for Expanded since various lockdown decks are such a pain in the rear there... and hypothetically one that only works during your turn so that it's not as busted as Hex Maniac which cannot come off the ban list (unless VS Seeker is banned). Well it looks like we finally got one in the form of Canceling Lure, and while being an item card is generally stronger than being a supporter, the monkey paw certainly curled for me because now it does nothing against item lock which many of these lockdown type of decks run (but it does help against Honchrow GX I guess, though I don't know if I'd want to run it for that match-up specifically).

On the standard side of things it can be an out to things like the new Miltank in this set and an alternate option using to Phoebe, and you can also loop it with the new Floatzel to perpetually shut down abilities like Fleet Flooted while recycling a second item card.
dude, just tech for the meta, the great thing with expandeds cardpool is that everything have several different counters with different qualities

momand

Aspiring Trainer
curious why wyrdeer and kleavor don't get the hisuian classification but overqwill does

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
curious why wyrdeer and kleavor don't get the hisuian classification but overqwill does
Because they are not regional forms nor do they evolve from regional forms. They are just new evolutions to old pokémon (like any Eeveelution after gen I or like Togekiss, Magmortar or Tangrowth). You don't call Sylveon "Kalosian Sylveon" so the same applies here for both of these.
Ursaluna will follow this same pattern since it's just a new evolution to Ursaring.