JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Pokemon has revealed new Wormadam, Mothim, and Burmy from Japan’s upcoming set S9 Star Birth, which releases there on January 14th. Cards from Star Birth are expected to become part of the international set Brilliant Stars in February.
Burmy – Grass – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[C][C] Hang Down: 20 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Wormadam – Grass – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Burmy
[C][C] Madam’s Rage: 30+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each Pokemon in your discard pile.
[G][C][C] Leaf Drain: 80 damage. Heal 30 damage from this Pokemon.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
Flareon/Vespiquen is back!

If only it did twice as much damage to be back on their same power level and had a Battle Compressor-like card to be able to build up enough of that damage.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim - Wormadam ain't Vespiquen nor Flareon. 1.) We don't have any supports whatsoever that can bang more dmg every turn. 2.) DTE won't help you since it cuts 20 dmg from your dmg output. Really important if you want to hit numbers. The no. of Pokemon you need to hit 220, a key number to KO modt Pokemon V is 19 Pokemon, Double Turbo makes you need 21. 3.) 30+10x seems weak in this format. Forget that Mothim. 3/4 each/ 2-3

JaxuTCG

i love swinub
Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim - Wormadam ain't Vespiquen nor Flareon. 1.) We don't have any supports whatsoever that can bang more dmg every turn. 2.) DTE won't help you since it cuts 20 dmg from your dmg output. Really important if you want to hit numbers. The no. of Pokemon you need to hit 220, a key number to KO modt Pokemon V is 19 Pokemon, Double Turbo makes you need 21. 3.) 30+10x seems weak in this format. Forget that Mothim. 3/4 each/ 2-3
"We don't have any supports whatsoever that can bang more dmg every turn." We have Zoroark.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
"We don't have any supports whatsoever that can bang more dmg every turn." We have Zoroark.
In Standard, bro. Zoroark GX is Expanded stuff. Unless you mention Liepard which is basically Zoroark. But, still Liepard isn't enough to be a good card. Also, considering the fact that Zoroark was an alternate attacker back then. Liepard is no match to Zoroark. Also, I don't mention Twin Energy here, because 1. It's going to rotate anyway. So we can't use it for longer. 2.) Double Turbo is viable even on Vs, which you need for max setup, or as an alt for big damage, despite the drawback.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
In Standard, bro. Zoroark GX is Expanded stuff. Unless you mention Liepard which is basically Zoroark. But, still Liepard isn't enough to be a good card. Also, considering the fact that Zoroark was an alternate attacker back then. Liepard is no match to Zoroark. Also, I don't mention Twin Energy here, because 1. It's going to rotate anyway. So we can't use it for longer. 2.) Double Turbo is viable even on Vs, which you need for max setup, or as an alt for big damage, despite the drawback.
Zoroark from Eevee Heros discards itself and all cards attached to it to revive a stage 1 Pokémon from the discard which takes it's place. You can use it to discard two Pokémon to recycle Wormadam four times provided you run a 4-4 Zoroark line in addition to the Wormadam line. You also have Prof. Research and cards such as Allister who draws three cards and allows you to discard up to three cards from your hand in return. In addition there is either Galarian Meowth or Galarian Articuno V to help Wormadam to discard Pokémon from hand. Snorlax could be a nice addition since the deck needs some set up time and you can run tech stage 1 Pokémon such as Flapple from Towering Perfection to punish special energy cards. Similar to Flareon you need to ensure that the deck has a high Pokémon count but I would still keep it down to ten to eleven Basic Pokémon and fill the remaining slots with stage 1 tech Pokémon in addition to Mincchino.

D34D_M4N14C

Aspiring Trainer
As Espeon said, not Zoro GX. The zoroark from evolving skies is the one they're talking about, which means that you can simply tech for your bad matchups with various stage ones.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, now these are cards I can get behind being mediocre, because these are some of the worst bug types ever. Now let's hope they remember rhyperior.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
cr1tikal-penguinz0.gif

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, I see someone commented it on YT. I like that idea. I can consider this strat. Instant 50 dmg.
As Espeon said, not Zoro GX. The zoroark from evolving skies is the one they're talking about, which means that you can simply tech for your bad matchups with various stage ones.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Zoroark from Eevee Heros discards itself and all cards attached to it to revive a stage 1 Pokémon from the discard which takes it's place. You can use it to discard two Pokémon to recycle Wormadam four times provided you run a 4-4 Zoroark line in addition to the Wormadam line. You also have Prof. Research and cards such as Allister who draws three cards and allows you to discard up to three cards from your hand in return. In addition there is either Galarian Meowth or Galarian Articuno V to help Wormadam to discard Pokémon from hand. Snorlax could be a nice addition since the deck needs some set up time and you can run tech stage 1 Pokémon such as Flapple from Towering Perfection to punish special energy cards. Similar to Flareon you need to ensure that the deck has a high Pokémon count but I would still keep it down to ten to eleven Basic Pokémon and fill the remaining slots with stage 1 tech Pokémon in addition to Mincchino.
I'll drop the Allister and G. Meowth, because 1.) They're in the verge of rotation, so we don't bother them for long. 2.) When was the time Allister being useful? Allister is basically TV Reporter but discards more.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
We haven't had many Mothim cards, but I like how all of them have been portrayed with free retreat when it's pretty darn slow in the games lol.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Dang my old Vespiquen deck has been powercrept. Hope we get a new good Vespiquen card soon, it seems they are giving priority to Sinnoh pokemon in this block. Maybe our first rulebox Vespiquen card? Please.

I also like the fact that you have the option to hit three different weakness; fighting-type weakness in a mon like this is HUUUUUUUGE, you hit lightning, colorless, and some darkness types for weakness. Steel type Wormadam hits some water types and some psychic types, while grass covers the rest of the darkness spread.

It's probably going to be the next Mad Party kind of deck once Shady Dealings Drizzile rotates out.