'Evolving Skies,' August's English TCG Set!

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Extremly powerfull and relative easy to pair with Cherrim, even if the Old Cemetery its on the field, still can hit 180

Its look more like a Dark Pokemon than Grass related

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
This looks like it'll be intimidating in the 2 weeks where Mallow/Lana is legal in the standard ladder, and cards like Raihan and Stormy Range could make it threatening even post rotation. Definitely a rogue due to needing setup every single turn, but a fun rogue at least! 240 on a 1 prize basic is nothing to scoff at, despite it being functionally dead at 40 damage.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I can understand the Fire part of Regidrago's attacking requirements (it's primarily red and it gets Fire Fang in the games), but I don't get why Grass is the other part.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I can understand the Fire part of Regidrago's attacking requirements (it's primarily red and it gets Fire Fang in the games), but I don't get why Grass is the other part.
Fire and Dark would be appropriate since it learns Dark type moves.
  • Regidrago - I kinda like this. You have Cherrim since its a Stage 1 and farely fitting since it only accels energy to non-Rule Box mons, and the dmg is fitting to KO Pokemon V but expect to be KOed soon. 4-5

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I thought that dragon color costs were supposed to be based on their color schemes... Why is this grass? Did they just kick thematic consistency to the curb only to make Cherrim a viable deck post-rotation?

Mick-773

Pizza Enthusiast
Yeah, I always had the same impression, with color cost being either based on secondary/related types (see Dragalge using Water energies as it evolves from Water-type Skrelp). The coiche to use Grass instead of Darkness is also wired considering Appletun and Flapple also has the same energy combo (While Fire/Dark, so far, appeared only on M-Charizard X, IIRC)

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I feel like they forgot Cherrim existed while printing this card. Regieleki is clearly the worse of the two.
Make no mistake Regidrago will see play. 240 from a single prizer that is easy to set up is just WOW

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
I thought that dragon color costs were supposed to be based on their color schemes... Why is this grass? Did they just kick thematic consistency to the curb only to make Cherrim a viable deck post-rotation?
According to Pokemon Home, Regidrago is Green. I guess the skull arms are a very dark green? I was expecting Fire + Darkness.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Thievul looks decent with the other thievul that lets you choose a card from their hand to go to the bottom.

I could see a thievul orbeetle deck with rcl bunnelby to discard the top card if needed. The nice thing is that the deck is never shuffled so the cards you put at the bottom stay at the bottom. Path to the Peak will help lock the hand as well.

You only have to lock once as well which makes thievul being a single prizer nice. You can try multiple times.

flariados

Aspiring Trainer
I like this card, but will probably only see use In the BST-on format once Marnie is rotated.

I do think this card will see niche play in our current standard though.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
This Thievul card could actually be really nasty. Many might say "Hey! Just play Marnie!" - But I say, "Hey! I want to play Professor's Research, but also still disrupt my opponent's hand while drawing even more cards afterwards!"

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
This will be played in Eternatus 100%.

There's also an argument to be made between two possible turn combinations. You can Boss and Thievul here, or you can Marnie and Umbreon V-Max something. Thievul is far less vulnerable as a bench sitter and less of a prize liability than Umbreon V-Max, so it's only a matter of knowing which decks can afford the 1-1 line.