Dragon Pokemon Return to the TCG: 'Sky Stream' & 'Towering Perfection' Revealed!

The Fish

0.o
Seems ok with Quick Shooter Inteleon. Also didn't know Claydol could levitate that high. Imagine a squadron of them droning through the mountains...

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
It's weird that they put a worse version of the attack Rapidash V has on a Stage 1. That said, the dependence of using this type of attack to combat overgrown Pokemon isn't that interesting to play with.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Claydol’s an interesting looking card! Might be a fun pick for Mid- or perhaps Mid-High power level cubes! I say Mid- and Mid-High because I’m not sure how balanced 120 HP on a stage 1 is in Mid or whether Ancient Seal is too strong for Mid. Regardless, a fun SWSH card for cubes based around more middling power levels.

Nos

Aspiring Trainer
It's weird that they put a worse version of the attack Rapidash V has on a Stage 1. That said, the dependence of using this type of attack to combat overgrown Pokemon isn't that interesting to play with.
Is it worse because you have to pay 2 specific typed energy rather than colorless? Because Rpaidash V lowers their HP to 100, while Claydol lowers it to 60. If this worked with Twin Energy I could actually see it have some fringe use, like with Inteleon.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
SWSH really loves printing the same Pokemon over and over and over... this is our fourth Baltoy card in 2 years.

Is it worse because you have to pay 2 specific typed energy rather than colorless? Because Rpaidash V lowers their HP to 100, while Claydol lowers it to 60. If this worked with Twin Energy I could actually see it have some fringe use, like with Inteleon.
Rapidash works on any Pokémon. This just works on active.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Oh boyyyyy. I can't wait to spend $4 on a pack only for this discount version of the sparkle pony V to be in the Rare slot

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I'm all for forgotten Pokémon, but this is what, the 3rd reprint of Baytol/Claydol in the same year? What about Hariyama that hasn't had a card since SM base set? What about giving Conkeldurr its first ever Rule box card? Mamoswine who hasn't gotten a card since Crimson Invasion?

I assume there must be a bias concerning how japanese the concept of the dogu is, but I can't be the only one bothered by it.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I'm all for forgotten Pokémon, but this is what, the 3rd reprint of Baytol/Claydol in the same year? What about Hariyama that hasn't had a card since SM base set? What about giving Conkeldurr its first ever Rule box card? Mamoswine who hasn't gotten a card since Crimson Invasion?

I assume there must be a bias concerning how japanese the concept of the dogu is, but I can't be the only one bothered by it.

I always wondered how they choose their pokemon for the TCG. And I was just thinking about Hariyama recently too. This got me curious and went through the list of pokemon....they print ALOT of claydol and Aggron...

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
I always wondered how they choose their pokemon for the TCG. And I was just thinking about Hariyama recently too. This got me curious and went through the list of pokemon....they print ALOT of claydol and Aggron...
Perhaps the amount of HP is why this pair isn't a Hariyama line, the SM01 line had 80 and 130hp respectively and we'd expect higher on these after 4-5 years

Oh boyyyyy. I can't wait to spend $4 on a pack only for this discount version of the sparkle pony V to be in the Rare slot
It’s an Uncommon. What you SHOULD be worried about is pulling THREE of these in one pack! :)

Even without that, double-F is an awful cost compared to double-colorless. That 40 damage barely makes a difference.
Remember DCE is expanded only. Not that that makes Claydol more viable in the OFFICIAL standard format.

Has anyone else made the connection that both Aggron and Claydol were owned by Steve Stone, who is also one of the few Pokémon characters whose last name we know?
Sus.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Perhaps the amount of HP is why this pair isn't a Hariyama line, the SM01 line had 80 and 130hp respectively and we'd expect higher on these after 4-5 years

Genuinely doubt that's the case. All our latest Steelix cards are all between 170-190 HP value, they printed a 190 hp Copperajah. He would be around that ballpark, maybe 180 hp.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
It’s an Uncommon. What you SHOULD be worried about is pulling THREE of these in one pack! :)

Fully evolved Uncommon Pokémon in Japan's expansions always become Rares internationally. For example, the Uncommon Claydol from Japan's Sword expansion was a Rare in our Sword & Shield expansion.

Sometimes, even cards that are Commons in Japan become Rares internationally- I think there are a few of these in Chilling Reign.

Edit: yep, a few common cards from Japan are Rares in Chilling Reign, like Volcarona, Seviper and Zangoose.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I thought about comboing this with Weepinbel but Burn-Poison only deals 30 in combination. Just 30 short of an OHKO.

Though, even if it is able to make an OHKO against something, might as well just play Salazzle, huh?