'Eevee Heroes' TCG Set to Feature All Eeveelutions as Pokemon V, Plus Gengar / Inteleon VMAX Decks!

professsorpoke

NO 3 S's is not a typo
Vigor shake finally. First I read it as you can't evolve first turn. But this card is probably too slow to be good
You can just play like, 3 in a a stage 2 deck and auto get out your stage 1 on t1. later in the game it could be useful in a turn where you whiff stage 2 or candy.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
You actually can put a stage 2 in play turn 1, but you require some of the few select stage 1s that can place themselves in play turn 1, or Pokémon with the "Evolutionary Advantage" ability.

This includes all the Top Entry Pokémon, Dusclops evolving from the Duskull that discards 3 to evolve, Shinx from Ultra Prism, and others I may be forgetting.

Otherwise, you are limited to a single evolution stage per turn.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Zoroark: Darkness Blast > Night Daze, its former signature move. The Chinese/Mandarin name for Night Daze in the video games is 暗黑爆破.

Macke

Master of deckbuilding
I don’t think vigor shake is going to be very good. You need it on turn one and is unusable on all other turns. A 4-of will make your deck clunky and a 1-of won’t ever be found on. The only case I can se for it is as a one-of in decks playing peony were you can search it out on t1.

But don’t get me wrong: It’s good that the game designers are finally trying to push evolutions!

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Now that I thought about it, that item is OH SO MUCH GETTING BANNED in expanded. You have turn 1 Garbotoxin, turn 1 Power of Alchemy, turn 1 Forest's Curse, turn 1 Neutralizing Gas, turn 1 Intimidating Mane Pyroar... There's a ton of stuff that's balanced out by your opponent giving you at least ONE turn to play your items, your benchable draw, to try and at least get 1 gust card and enough energy attached to try to get over the lockdown. This is the exact reason that Wally was unbanned - by making you unable to play it turn 1, they argued that now it was balanced. Well, now we have Wally on item form and available for non-ascension mons.

That or they simply ban lockdown abilities like they should have done ages ago.

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Pinsir - no point of using it. 3
  • Leafeon V/VMAX - the fact that the badge gives you free retreat and no weakness (which is completely irrelevant post-rotation), oh wait. The attacks are uninspiring. The Grass Knot needs more pressure from stuff like Galar Mine that is bumpable, etc. The second attack is completely bad. 4/3 play this for the ability in the early game.
  • Dewpider/Araquanid - bland card Lv.1 2/2
  • Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny - bland card Lv.2 2/2/2
  • Gossifleur/Eldegoss - still my opinion doesn't change on it. 2/3
  • Flareon V/VMAX - the V meh, the VMAX, yes. 200 base damage for 2 energy sounds alright for a SS mon. 2/4
  • Slugma/Magcargo - bland card Lv.3 1/1
  • Entei - seems good but needs more pressure. 3
  • Vaporeon V/VMAX - Inteleon is better. 2/3
  • Marill/Azumarill - even with full bench, you still capped at 100 which is not a good damage. 2/2
  • Mantine - bland card Lv.4. 1
  • Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert - I didn't know Coalossal accelerates 2 energy. I thought it was only 1. 2/2/3
  • Feebas/Milotic - this is something you keep an eye on. Sadly, RS Urshifu smashes it. 3/4-5
  • Glaceon V/VMAX - Ability Lock, and the ability to ignore retreat cost and weakness seems a good sign for a good Glaceon card. Sadly, Path turns it off and Tool Scrapper is still in the format, and Zacian can KO you without a tool, makes it worth of 4 Geodudes. 3/4
  • Pikachu/Raichu - Rule Boxes thingy becomes a thing of the past. 3/4
  • Voltorb/Electrode - no ability = bad. 1/1
  • Jolteon V/VMAX - 2/5
  • Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross - bland card Lv.5. 2/2/3
  • Espeon V/VMAX - 3/5
  • Mawile - bland card Lv.6. 2
  • Flabebé/Floette/Florges - seems decent. 3/3/3
  • Sylveon V/VMAX - the point that we have support Pokemon with different types, and an item that is unnecessary yet denies prizes really spice this thing up. 3/4
  • Marshadow - can easily be countered. 3
  • Sandygast/Palossand - bland card Lv.7. 2/2
  • Indeedee - bland card Lv.8. 1
  • Pancham/Pangoro - I got a Pangoro fron Pokemon GO (bland card Lv.9). 2/2
  • Umbreon V/VMAX - 4/5
  • Zorua/Zoroark - 2/5
  • Impidimp/Morgrem/Grimmsnarl - too clunky for a Stage 2. You're running Houndoom anyway since you're a SS mon. 2/3/3
  • Meowth/Persian/Kangaskhan - bland card Lv.10. 2/2/2
  • Eevee - just play Adventurer's Discovery. It's a trainer card and can save you a turn. 1
  • Vigorous Drink - It's Evosoda but evolved backwards. 1
  • Dream Ball - someone can pull this trick off consistently. 3
  • Eevee Badges - I just mentioned it earlier.
  • Aroma Lady - disgustingly bad. 2
  • Gordie - if Interviewer's Questions wasn't see much play, why do we expect it for Gordie? 3
  • Fashion Mall - not the worst but not the best. 3
  • Treasure Energy - again, I wish it was any energy. 3

Last edited:

Hylaster

Aspiring Trainer
Floette seems to accidentally have Flabébé's attack translation. Should be something like
[P] Fairy Wind: 20 damage.

[P][C][C] Double Spin: 50x damage. Flip two coins. This attack deals 50 damage times the number of heads.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I like Vigor Shake even in Standard. If you're not playing Zacian, you can mash in an evolution T1 before Marnie forces you to gamble your hand. In a format that's both ridiculously fast and "all or nothing" on set-up, it's still a card worth considering.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Seeing Sylveon without the Fairy typing is just so sad. I'll be honest, the lack of Fairy and Dragon types this generation has really made Sword and Shield the TCG feel as empty as the games. Is generation 8 the generation of removing stuff? Hope they come back.

Also Double Dragon Energy

fleshrum

Cephalophore
You actually can put a stage 2 in play turn 1, but you require some of the few select stage 1s that can place themselves in play turn 1, or Pokémon with the "Evolutionary Advantage" ability.

This includes all the Top Entry Pokémon, Dusclops evolving from the Duskull that discards 3 to evolve, Shinx from Ultra Prism, and others I may be forgetting.

Otherwise, you are limited to a single evolution stage per turn.

Nice call.

This is a huge boon to evolutions, and another tick for non-rulebox players and formats. I love it so much. Like all the best cards revealed lately, highly playgroup dependent but.... yeah, I love it.

flariados

Aspiring Trainer
Please can someone hurry up and figure out how Flareon VMAX can become a thing? I just really want to play it.