First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

Sombres

Aspiring Trainer
You mean Gardevoir Next Destiny’s Psychic Mirage.
Seriously, though, Shining Fates Venusaur is where I originally know the mechanic from and when I pulled it from my pin collection it was among my favorite pulls. Don’t know why it’s rarity was Common but loved it all the more for it!

Sceptile from Great Encounters would like a word

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Translation is missing that Koffing poisons the opponent's Active Pokemon.
Not sure if this would affect Rhyperior's card rating (probably doesn't)

But nobody cares because nobody would play this Koffing anyways lol

ryuninja

Aspiring Trainer
Y'all are sleeping on Slowking. Get multiple of them on bench and the average value of each is 30 heal per turn. Imagine that in Lucmetal.

Sombres

Aspiring Trainer
It's been just over a year since the Gen 8 TCG came out, dude. Most of the Alola Forms got GX's eventually. We probably have a good six or so English main-sets left after Chilling Reign, based on how the TCG's generations have gone for the last while. And plenty of promos to still get. There's still plenty of time for Galarian Form Pokemon to be getting Ultra Rares. Patience.

Yeah, there's this entire year left worth of stuff at least. 2022 might be more focused on Sinnoh, but we'll probably still get Galarian forms there.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Y'all are sleeping on Slowking. Get multiple of them on bench and the average value of each is 30 heal per turn. Imagine that in Lucmetal.
Then suddenly you have a terribly unlucky day and your Lucmetal is inside knockout range. I'd rather not take the chance.

and five more fully-evolved Galarian form Pokémon, if we’re counting new evolutions like Runerigus
We should eventually get a V for all of them at this rate. Worst case scenario is we're gonna have one left out, like A. Dugtrio was.

The Fish

0.o
Just because they made sets for ORAS back during the XY era didn’t mean they completely stopped focusing on things that were introduced during XY. It’s entirely possible certain Galarian forms will still get V’s, we just have to see. I severely doubt a shift to focusing on the Sinnoh games is going to make it so the TCG entirely fixates itself on Pokémon from that game. The Tag Team sets sure didn’t focus entirely on Kanto when Let’s Go had come out during the same timeframe. There was emphasis on a lot of things in the Let’s Go games, but not a 100% focus. In fact, multiple Alolan forms got Ultra Rares that year, as well as characters from Alola. The Alola focus was still there even during sets with emphasis on Let’s Go.

And while yes, the exclusion of Alolan Dugtrio was disappointing, the ratio of most Alolan forms getting GXs was certainly a step in the right direction. Certainly better than how many Legendaries and Megas didn’t get EXs. BW and XY are my favorite eras and even I can admit it still drives me a bit nuts. So I get why you’re disappointed with Alolan Dugtrio not getting its GX, since it drives me nuts too.I’m not trying to detract that at all.

I do however think It’s far too early to pass judgement to how they’ll end up doing overall, but I think in terms of Pokémon selection as a collector, they’re striking a pretty good balance between representing important Gen 8 figures, Galar Pokémon, popular picks, and some weird off-beat picks here and there (look at something like Kricketune V). Not to mention Shining Fates having a very well-focused Shiny Vault with nearly the entire base game’s new Pokémon and Galarian forms having shinies. That’s a really neat part of this Gen so far, at least to me.

So while yes, I think things are going alright so far, that’s not to say everything is perfect yet. Far from it. We still need a handful of Gigantmax forms, and I’d hope the fully-evolved Galarian forms each get the appropriate amount of representation to them.. Like I said, it’s still far too early to say definitively whether they’ve succeeded at these things that would be cool to see, but I’m not going to go around and say that everything is terrible every time a Pokémon who isn’t one of those things comes out. That’s not egregious, that’s just how the TCG has always been.

Ive just counted, too. I may have gotten my math or counted something wrong as it’s late, but...With the advent of Sandaconda and Duraludon being confirmed, There’s five more unconfirmed Gigantamax forms (Machamp, Kingler, Garbodor, Melmetal, and Hatterene. Six if you count Appletun’s identical form to Flapple), and five more fully-evolved Galarian form Pokémon, if we’re counting new evolutions like Runerigus. (Perrserker, Rime, Weezing, Obstagoon, and Runerigus). That’s pretty damn close for only being a year and a half in. Not saying it’s all but confirmed we’ll get them all, but it’s looking like there’s a fighting chance.
Yeah I love the off beat picks like Kricketune, as we'll as how it's actually playable. One thing I will mention (I think someone pointed this out a while ago), is that I don't really see Obstagoon getting a VMAX at all, let alone a V card. In the games Piers doesn't Gigantamax his Obstagoon and that's kind of his whole thing, so it would make sense for Obstagoon to never get a VMAX card. Also keep in mind Obstagoon has already had a Booster pack artwork to himself (Champion's path), and that was for a card that was just a holo rare. All his cards so far have been pretty damn playable, more playable than some Vs. I could be completely wrong and they could release a special Obstagoon V for a family box or something, so this is purely speculative.

The Fish

0.o
It's been a while since we've had a holo Tauros. EX Crystal Guardians was the last one I think. Hats off to nagimiso for that beast of a card

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Are there any other outrage-type attacks with 20 damage per counter on a pokemon that bulky for a basic 1-prizer? It seems pretty strong, especially with Houndoom acceleration to apply damage counters, a power boost, and energy all in one go, as well as cape, DCE, and PCE working in it's favour. Could be an interesting rogue deck, at least, possibly replacing spiritomb entirely post rotation, or even pre rotation with it's power ceiling being more than high enough to OHKO VMaxes caped.

Nyora

A Cat
This kinda making me hyped that either Sandaconda VMAX, Metagross VMAX, or Volcanion V has an attack similar to M Gardevoir-EX STS or Cofagrigus LOT.

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
For comparison, Spiritomb UBB's damage cap is 160 without cape, 310 with, and the benefit of a free damage counter every turn. Tauros's cap is 240 without cape, 340 with, plus Single Stike Energy and Powerful Colourless Energy bringing it higher, and each Houndoom can immediately add effectively 60 damage directly a turn, no Jynx or other supports necessary. It could be a real threat! Oh, and I nearly forgot about Abomasnow!!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Liepard V - when I first saw this card, I thought that this searches Items... it wasn't. At least it discarded tools that your opponent needs to win the game, or discarding your tools that may misattached or you don't need on that specific situation. The atk is fine. 4
  • Tauros - It seems fine. Doesn't hit for weakness though. It don't matter for a SS like Tauros. 3-4

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Doesn't help that it's awful. Why waste space on a card that an discard 1 tool when you could use I dunno, Faba, Tool Scrapper or Field Blower, all of which are better?
Not everything is designed to be playable in competitive play. I recommend reading the MtG article "When Cards Go Bad". It explains from a developer perspective why not everything can be good or even fundamentally has to be good.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Not everything is designed to be playable in competitive play. I recommend reading the MtG article "When Cards Go Bad". It explains from a developer perspective why not everything can be good or even fundamentally has to be good.
Just jumping in to say that most of the contents of this article are untrue, or at least heavily twisted. The main motivation for printing 90% chaff each set is money. Around 2-3 years ago Pokemon was doing leagues better than Magic in making more cards somewhat playable.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Just jumping in to say that most of the contents of this article are untrue, or at least heavily twisted. The main motivation for printing 90% chaff each set is money. Around 2-3 years ago Pokemon was doing leagues better than Magic in making more cards somewhat playable.
Do you have proof that they're untrue?

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Do you have proof that they're untrue?
It's hard to provide "proof" for something that is subjective, but I can provide further explanation if you want. The main issue with that article is, it dances around the topic and pretends there are legitimate design reasons for creating "bad" cards, when in reality, the main reason for creating a massive power disparity between Commons and Rares (there were no Mythic Rares at the time of writing that article) was to increase the "gambling" feel of opening packs, sell more packs by making it harder to open viable cards, and making it easier to control Standard by having less viable cards to consider when playtesting.