'Matchless Fighter' Revealed as March's Japanese Set!

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
I am really liking the single prize RS Urshifu. 1 energy (RS) for a possible total of 180 damage seems legit. Cards like Brawly, Sobble, and Octillery can fetch out RS pokemon so you can flood your bench as fast as possible. The only flaw I see is that its a water-type. Pikarom will wreck you hard. Would be more potent as a fighting type but at least you will hit weakness against Centiskorch, Charizard, and Blacephalon decks

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I am really liking the single prize RS Urshifu. 1 energy (RS) for a possible total of 180 damage seems legit. Cards like Brawly, Sobble, and Octillery can fetch out RS pokemon so you can flood your bench as fast as possible. The only flaw I see is that its a water-type. Pikarom will wreck you hard. Would be more potent as a fighting type but at least you will hit weakness against Centiskorch, Charizard, and Blacephalon decks

I would argue that Water typing is a benefit here since you hit several decks such as Victini VMAX and Centiscorch VMAX for weakness. Given the prevalence of Pokémon V and Pokémon VMAX in the current format Victini VMAX is a tier 1 deck able to knock out Pokémon V before they are able to evolve. Without that Urshifu would need to resort entirely to hunting down Crobat V with the assistance of Echoing Horn. Leave Sobble and Brawly out and resort to a stable Pokémon search engine consisting of Level Ball, Quick Ball and Pokémon Communication instead. It is much faster than either Sobble or Brawly.

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
I don't know if Blaziken V MAX is going to be any good but since Blaziken is my favourite Pokemon of all time (with Emerald being my first game, let's go Torchic) but I wanna build around him anyway.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I don't know if Blaziken V MAX is going to be any good but since Blaziken is my favourite Pokemon of all time (with Emerald being my first game, let's go Torchic) but I wanna build around him anyway.

I proxied it and played 2 games with it last night. If people want to go the stand alone route, memory capsule is really good for Blaziken VMAX

In terms of the card itself, I see it being a great tech pokemon in Urshifu VMAX and create this somewhat Rapid Strike Box hitting for multiple weaknesses.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I proxied it and played 2 games with it last night. If people want to go the stand alone route, memory capsule is really good for Blaziken VMAX

In terms of the card itself, I see it being a great tech pokemon in Urshifu VMAX and create this somewhat Rapid Strike Box hitting for multiple weaknesses.

The last part was exactly what I have been thinking about too. You can effectively hit for fire, water, and fighting weakness which covers a ton of the current meta. Octillery kind of stabilizes the deck.

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Beedrill seems situational, but could get some hilarious KOs, especially with Mustard to get it into play. Coating metal Zacian V or Corviknight Vmax, rainbow ADP, rapid/single strike Urshifu Vmax, stone fighting Coalossal Vmax, heat fire Centiskorch Vmax... All OHKO'd somewhat consistently for a single grass energy. Of course the counterplay is obvious, just don't use the special energy. But it's still funny. Not "build a deck around it" funny, but funny nonetheless.

JaxuTCG

i love swinub
I think the one which places damage counters is definitely a Spiritomb card! I mean just look at that photo and tell me that doesn't look like a Spiritomb

Macke

Master of deckbuilding
Energy acceleration on a basic would be unbalanced compared to other cards, but i guess the text could be mistranslated and refer to the energy needing to be attached to a basic pokemon

Clam

Almost decent
Energy acceleration on a basic would be unbalanced compared to other cards, but i guess the text could be mistranslated and refer to the energy needing to be attached to a basic pokemon
To be fair the people at pokemon have been making a lot of unbalanced cards as of recent.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
A Basic Pokémon that _____

This says so much.