McDonald's 25th Anniversary Pokemon Promotion Starts in February -- Way Too Many Goodies!

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I'm more interested in toys than reprinted cards, tbh. Wish they'd do something big like Burger King did for the first movie.
Unfortunately the BK promotion is something I doubt any fast food restaurant will ever consider replicating or outshining, it’d probably cost a fortune to do and there’s still that massive recall to consider.

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
I hope most mcdonalds don't allow people to just walk in & buy the toys, if so they will more than likely sell out quick & in turn not have enough toys for the actual meals

That'll depend really but yeah for the 2019 promo I needed a manager approval to buy 10 of the toys. I really do hope someone had warned McDonald's that this year is particularly bad with Pokemon in the sense of scalpers looking to sweep up product to flip.

I would say given what happened this year they should have to buy the happy meal with the ability to add on 1 or 2 extra toys like they normally would. I just have a feeling the scalping is going to be insanely bad with this promo.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
So, other than Mcdonalds, and the Cereal, and the music thing, are there any other promotions for Pokemon Day? im guessing due to covid, that there is absolutely no in store giveaways for Gamestop, Bestbuy, Target, Walmart...?

Adam Ryder

Aspiring Trainer
Will I be able to buy the 25th anniversary cards elsewhere? Not a fan of the McD's holofoil paper, but I need that pika (I have the 10th, 15th and 20th anniversary Pika cards).

KairosDialga

Aspiring Trainer
Like I mentioned in the post above it’ll vary from store to store. Most managers should know that this’ll be as popular as past Pokemon promotions (and some non-Pokemon ones too).

And, for those of us who can order lunch whilst being on the clock, McDelivery.

Saying that past pokemon promotions were popular is what is making me laugh here. Having worked in a McDonalds, we actually almost never had anyone asking for just the toys as a set or anything like that for any of the past pokemon promotions since Black/White. We also often times still had quite a good amount of stock of the toys remaining afterwards too that we normally put in the shed in case we ran out of toys for other promotions and needing something to stuff the boxes inbetween promotions.

I honestly doubt we are in danger to selling out of them at my store, though I cannot say much for stores in more populated areas. (Though we have allowed people to buy the toys separately here, but we have not once, no matter what promotion it is, ever had someone trying to ask for them en-masse either. Could just be the benefit of being in a smaller town too.). Though honestly....I'm just...not fond of this set. I miss having the actual figures now at this point so even I am looking at just passing on getting most of them for myself like I have before. But I am curious as to what the pokeball logo thing in the upper-right corner is. I wanna say something like a deck box, though if it is a pokemon-themed set of standard playing cards I would definitely snatch that in a moment.

Jean Luc

Aspiring Trainer
So the Pokemon Company decided to earn tons of money together with McDonalds and in the process make children and adults more fat. If these packs will not be available separatedly, it's a win win situation. Including also non-holo versions is the most idiotic thing Pokemon has done recently, pure cash-grab If you ask me.

Squidmoto

Aspiring Trainer
So the Pokemon Company decided to earn tons of money together with McDonalds and in the process make children and adults more fat. If these packs will not be available separatedly, it's a win win situation. Including also non-holo versions is the most idiotic thing Pokemon has done recently, pure cash-grab If you ask me.
You've literally always been able to buy the toys from McDonalds separately - so nothing would be different about this. And of course it's a cash-grab... that's how businesses work... literally every business is a cash-grab, otherwise they wouldn't exist.

LePerchant

Aspiring Trainer
You've literally always been able to buy the toys from McDonalds separately - so nothing would be different about this. And of course it's a cash-grab... that's how businesses work... literally every business is a cash-grab, otherwise they wouldn't exist.

The only thing that scares me is that scalpers gonna raid Mc Donalds and ask for all booster packs.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
The only thing that scares me is that scalpers gonna raid Mc Donalds and ask for all booster packs.

Yea imagine Logan Paul with his goons raid McDonald's and say: " Give me 100k Happy Meal". Pretty sure if that happen they would put it on youtube and ask their advisors how much that card is worth, hmmm 10/50/100$, I don't know xD.

But yea Pokemon company wants to make a new generation of Sophocles a real-life version xD.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Please tell me the non-holo cards aren't part of the Mcdonalds set numbering.

or nahh

Aspiring Trainer
this is pointless for people who play competitively because you would get more and better cards for your money if you order the cards online.