'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

And with heavy hearts we must choose Orbeetle over Cradilly in expanded because it's more consistent. You will be missed.

Did you just say instant stage 2 playability? No basics, no stage 1s, no rare candies, no nothing? Is this the card we’ve all been waiting for?! (Which, ironically, is on a stage 2)

both cards are good, the camping gear might be better
but the orbeetle is about to be insane
in standard this card with 4 energy means getting out all the most powerful cards in the game no penelty
not bdif off the bat
but very very good
and yeah its omastar basically

Camping gear seems interesting I don't know how good it is at the price of your turn you get any card in your deck which seems pretty nice, although beware of Marnie if you are tempted to use this card :p

Could you first turn get a blipbug out and try and find evolution incense and skyla and then the next turn use skyla to find the rare candy? It would sort of be like having 8 rare candies if you had 4 skyla and 4 rare candy, it would be your supporter for the turn though.

Could you first turn get a blipbug out and try and find evolution incense and skyla and then the next turn use skyla to find the rare candy? It would sort of be like having 8 rare candies if you had 4 skyla and 4 rare candy, it would be your supporter for the turn though.
Greens exploration could be better actually if you don't have many Pokémon with abilities in your deck

Awesome!! Lifesplosion is back and this time, it’s meant to accommodate Triple Accel and DCE!! It’s finally time to bust out my Hatterene/Orbeetle SSH control deck, hehehehe.

Awesome!! Lifesplosion is back and this time, it’s meant to accommodate Triple Accel and DCE!! It’s finally time to bust out my Hatterene/Orbeetle SSH control deck, hehehehe.

Unfortunately Orbeetle cannot bench other Orbeetle cards ;).

Lifesplosion has always been one of my favorite attacks in the whole TCG, so it's awesome to see one of my favorite effects making a comeback in the tcg. Is it better than Cradily? That remains to be seen. My decks that worked Lifesplosion thrived off of Lileep not being a basic by started with an energy accelerating Pokémon like Rayquaza or Shining Mew to pump Cradily so full of energy by turn 2 that he can't think straight. I'd like to see if I can do the same with Orbeetle.

The card says its zen headbutt attack does 120 but the translations say it does only 100 damage

Last edited:
Also, not to be impatient or anything, nobody has answered my query about whether Battle Styles is going to be another Champions Path or Vivid Voltage.

Every set is going to be another Champion's Path or Vivid Voltage until scalpers and streamers find a new shiny toy to ruin or TPCi actually decides to take a break from swimming in their pools of scalper money to do something about their print runs not meeting demand.

well if orbeetle has evolutions with something like the adaptive evolution ability then this is broken

For the players, a 'reprint' is when a card is released with the same name/text/functionality with a card previously released but has since rotated out/stopped printing. It doesn't matter if it has the same or different artwork. If it lets you play a previously non-legal card in standard, it's a reprint.
For the players, a 'reprint' is when a card is released with the same name/text/functionality with a card previously released but has since rotated out/stopped printing. It doesn't matter if it has the same or different artwork. If it lets you play a previously non-legal card in standard, it's a reprint.

See for players that mean a reprint but then again I am a collector and it does kinda bother me that the whole definition is based on player viewpoints, kinda silly isn't it? :p For me, the reprint is based on the same artwork, and yea there should be key points put also on player aspects like text, functionality. But then again kinda no point to argue because when it comes to definitions and lore plot holes Pokemon companies very often mess these things, which I wish they actually spent more time to make clear definitions and actually spend more time trying to reach for perfection on the quality of the brand which is a good quality standard already if I may say so.

Every set is going to be another Champion's Path or Vivid Voltage until scalpers and streamers find a new shiny toy to ruin or TPCi actually decides to take a break from swimming in their pools of scalper money to do something about their print runs not meeting demand.

TPCi doesn't make money off scalping, but yeah. I think things will calm down a bit in a post-COVID world when people aren't stuck at home and feeling nostalgic for the good old days when there wasn't a raging pandemic

Back