'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Poke_collector Aspiring Trainer
    Poke_collector

I absolutely love the corviknight cards and the flapple cards

2. Platinum Espresso Falinks Fanatic
    Platinum Espresso

Level Ball! Looks like Mr Rime has some standard format ammo and a consistency booster. Also generally good for low HP decks like Mad Party.

3. Tytus Expanded Best Format
    Tytus

I’m super excited about this set there’s a possibility game play wise that things may be changing for the better.

JaxuTCG and MuhQ like this.
  4. Victory Victini Securing the win
    Victory Victini

IS THAT LEVEL BALL???? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Fish, JayMankey, DashKing and 3 others like this.
  5. Platinum Espresso Falinks Fanatic
    Platinum Espresso

Corviknight VMAX has free retreat, ignores abilities and a 240 damage attack? Christ, that could be scary. Begone, Zacian, ADP has a new main partner (semi-sarcastic)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Mudkip_Is_God likes this.
  6. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

when you realized that the set info for battle styles says 60 Battle Style card but the Jap set gives us 34

MuhQ likes this.
  7. Flash~ZT0 Aspiring Trainer
    Flash~ZT0

I thought I should point out that there's a Flapple V but an Appletun VMAX.

8. Charmaster:) The Cube Master, Charmander fan, & Lapras rider.
    Charmaster:)

I can see why you’re excited since every card of you that the Pokémon company has released has under 90–
    (Everyone else: *facepalms themselves*)
    Me: “wait, you’re not an actual Victini?”
    Cheesy jokes aside, great news!

Victory Victini likes this.
  9. Platinum Espresso Falinks Fanatic
    Platinum Espresso

Flapple and Appletun have basically identical Gigantamax forms. It's... odd.

10. Grass-Type Farm Owner Aspiring Trainer
    Grass-Type Farm Owner

I only count 36 Single/Rapid Strike cards (18 each) when the official blurb for Battle Styles says 60. Could it be some stuff from Matchless Fighters are in our set?

iam10pm and The Fish like this.
  11. Chaosbeat Aspiring Trainer
    Chaosbeat

My favorite card is the Zangoose card.

12. Stalltar Aspiring Trainer
    Stalltar

Interesting that there’s no rapid strike zeraora or kecleon in the set. I wonder where they’ll be in

13. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Glad to see Frillish and Timburr lines return from their Gen 6 graves.

Not thrilled that Frillish and Jellicent continue to be printed only as Water cards and this time, unlike every other cards featuring the line, they didn't even bother putting the girl forms in the background.

14. bunnybird12 Don't be sad- be hoppy!
    bunnybird12

Level Ball!!!

JustInBasil likes this.
  15. TheNidoKing Aspiring Trainer
    TheNidoKing

If Sword and Shield takes place in Galar it's understandable to see world-wide Pokemon like Electivire and regional Pokemon like Galarian Mr. Mime...but why are there Alola specific cards (Tapu Bulu, Necrozma), and why are some of them V Max when gigantimax is a condition exclusive to the Galar region?

16. 25432 Aspiring Trainer

It's interesting how you can use rowlet & alolan exggutor-GX to get this orbeetle.

17. BlasterDarkRen Aspiring Trainer
    BlasterDarkRen

There isn't, there's been an error in information, they're both Flapple.

Look at the card names on the images, they're both the same, "アップリュー" which is Flapple's japanese name. if the Vmax was Appletun it would have a different name

18. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

setlist updated

19. Chicken008 Aspiring Trainer
    Chicken008

The TCG doesn't follow the video game logic. Typically every Pokemon gets a card per series. The Abra line, Bonsly, and Mantyke were some of the only Pokemon not printed during the Sun & Moon series of cards. I assume there will be zero Ultra Beast and Alolan cards during the Sword & Shield series of cards.

20. NicoNoo Meta/budget player
    NicoNoo

Durant Mill is apparently back... but no revive, no rotom option or hell, even gladion to get durants out of prizes getsme less excited . We still have one set for those options tho, because no one is going to play this while ADP reigns.

I would also kill for Special Charge to be reprinted, as Twin Energy is ok but you may still need to get off 5 attacks or have a prized Twin Energy and that will bite you in the ass.

Kingdra, Sandaconda and Jellicent make for decent meme/petdecks.

The Fish likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 6 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?