'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

This is it, the Special Condition multiplier we've been waiting for! 90x is enough to warrant the ability to OHKO anything, with a couple damage modifiers. Add in Toxicroak with 3 conditions and you do 320 damage in one turn, that's enough to OHKO most VMAXes. Add in a Leon or another Croak and you OHKO Eternatus VMAX. Oh man, I'm loving this so much.
Genius! Unfortunately, reality is rarely that simple, so whether or not a strategy of this nature could be viably pulled off remains to be seen. Not every strategy works like a Swiss Watch just because it looks good on paper, but you’re right, it could be the next single prize deck.

That would require you to have yell horn or net every turn that you used the Jirachi and sometimes you probably wouldn't even want to use use the yell horn to conserve damage.
That's true, so you'd want a different pivot alongside it. I think the upcoming pivot that works like a great ball would also be good in this deck.

Genius! Unfortunately, reality is rarely that simple, so whether or not a strategy of this nature could be viably pulled off remains to be seen. Not every strategy works like a Swiss Watch just because it looks good on paper, but you’re right, it could be the next single prize deck.
Yes, pulling off a combo like this definitely has its difficulties. However, I’m not ready to rule out the competitive viability yet. Toxicroak isn’t the ideal play after some thought, you’re better off with Parasect TEU for the time being, as you can include Turffield Stadium to search out it and Weepinbell. The biggest issue would likely be stuff like Cobalion GX.

The biggest issue would likely be stuff like Cobalion GX.
Why not include a Zigzagoon/TLC Milotic engine for getting rid of Cobalion GX? ;)
Jokes aside Cobalion GX would be a problem, might take some thought. You COULD also include a Darkrai GX in expanded for OHKO potential, but that still leaves the Cobalion problem unresolved...

Why not include a Zigzagoon/TLC Milotic engine for getting rid of Cobalion GX? ;)
Jokes aside Cobalion GX would be a problem, might take some thought. You COULD also include a Darkrai GX in expanded for OHKO potential, but that still leaves the Cobalion problem unresolved...

Cobalion GX is only in standard for a couple of months after this comes out so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The problem with Cobalion is it is only limited to Metal Decks or decks using Aurora since it needs you to have a M energy to be fully immune to special conditions. Also, Cobalion mainly used for the GX atk. Mew3 played this before not as a Status Shield.
  • Weepinbell - extra 30 dmg, I guess. 3-4
  • Salazzle - 300 every turn? 3-4

This is it, the Special Condition multiplier we've been waiting for! 90x is enough to warrant the ability to OHKO anything, with a couple damage modifiers. Add in Toxicroak with 3 conditions and you do 320 damage in one turn, that's enough to OHKO most VMAXes. Add in a Leon or another Croak and you OHKO Eternatus VMAX. Oh man, I'm loving this so much.
How to turn 1 this strat? If this strat is doable in one turn, then its a good deck

How to turn 1 this strat? If this strat is doable in one turn, then its a good deck

This is evolution based so you're locked to turn 2 whether you go 1st or 2nd. You need to have both Salandit and Bellsprout ready on T1, then next turn evolve both of them plus a Twin/Triple Accel attach, hit for 180. This one isn't too bad because Quick Ball and Evolution Incense (and maybe even Great Ball) can easily fetch what you need. The only problem is finding the energy if you don't have it already.

However, if you want to hit that 300++ magic numbers, you're also going to need a Croagunk AND an additional status enabler other than Burn or Poison (Team Yell Horn maybe), and that's at least another 3 combo pieces needed on hand.

Doable, but it's a very tall order.

Claydol is actually quite nice, though it requires a ton of investment in discarding all of these energies.

Having recycler back is nice, though I'm not sure what decks would use it other than Voltage Beat Rillaboom.

Claydol is actually quite nice, though it requires a ton of investment in discarding all of these energies.

At the point you can ramp that much energy, it's probably too late.

What if I told you that Claydol's eyes were actually on its belly, and the big head was just a fancy hat. Like a Falinks trooper without the armour, but with a hat and 2 arms instead

A shame that Rowleggs rotates this August because now Rillaboom variants will need Rare Candy + Turrfield in order to do anything.

Claydol is meh.

74 cards left to reveal for this set. Wonder if we'll just get a huge dumb in a week from now?

Remember Starmie from Team Up? (That's more of a rhetorical question.) That one was about as "good" as this Claydol and literally no one cared about it. Actually, Starmie was probably better.

Remember Starmie from Team Up? (That's more of a rhetorical question.) That one was about as "good" as this Claydol and literally no one cared about it. Actually, Starmie was probably better.

And then there's Rotom from Cosmic Eclipse. You could argue that it's better than Starmie, even, since its a basic, but alas.

What if I told you that Claydol's eyes were actually on its belly, and the big head was just a fancy hat. Like a Falinks trooper without the armour, but with a hat and 2 arms instead

I never wanna look at him any other way again :')

Back