'Galar Sidekicks Premium Collection' Announced!

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
Hopefully, it will be out on 27th November, maybe Chaos Cards might have that box, surely I would buy one.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Some right crybabies in the comments tonight... you’re aware the XY Evo booster is worth half the value of this box now right?

It wouldn't be so high price if people who weren't actually players/active fans didn't get zombified by Logan Paul.

I like Evolutions but boy let's not act like it had a lot of value until the current unfortunate state of affairs that affects those of us who actually like Pokemon.

Mikey Trippz

Aspiring Trainer
Let's see...

-The reverse holos are a really cool set of cards to get, creating a new type of version for a lot of these already established cards. Helps that the mirror HGSS-style foiling of it looks very solid to complement the old Generation 1 artwork.

-The foils themselves are an excellent recreation of the WOTC era holofoil.

-The Full Arts are quite nice. Venusaur and Blastoise's Megas, Mewtwo, all of them are quite solid.

-The trainer full arts, as @TokenDuelist said.

-The secret rares, while not rare or valuable, are cool throwbacks.

-It's a set that's fun for collectors, which is nice.

-And, while this is subjective, I think one of the merits of it is that it, when available, gives fans a way to experience those old Generation 1 cards either for the first time ever or after so many years. A lot of people wanted to relive that old magic of opening the original Pokemon cards, so this set provided as close to that as possible while still somewhat being affordable, at the time. Now of course, resale value is up the wazoo, but nonetheless.

I'm not saying it's a perfect set, there's plenty of things that it could have done that would have made it better. Venusaur and Blastoise's holos should have been included, Alakazam would have been nice too (and they can bypass Kadabra, it's been done before). It'd have been nice if the RA's of the starters were their own unique arts, and it was included into enough stuff where people did get sick of it, understandably. But I don't think it's a "trash" set. It has its merit to it, and I wouldn't be opposed to another set like this-say, for the Neo cards or something. I understand why people don't enjoy it, and that's fine, but I'm just giving my input.

LOL ....well dude they have already have that in the upcoming Starter Set VMAX Venusaur & Starter Set VMAX Blastoise its the previous box revealed on google.com but I guess your not up to date on things

Scoop

Literally a sheep
LOL ....well dude they have already have that in the upcoming Starter Set VMAX Venusaur & Starter Set VMAX Blastoise its the previous box revealed on google.com but I guess your not up to date on things
...What part of what I said are you even responding to???

Mikey Trippz

Aspiring Trainer
...What part of what I said are you even responding to???

"'m not saying it's a perfect set, there's plenty of things that it could have done that would have made it better. Venusaur and Blastoise's holos should have been included, Alakazam would have been nice too" <--but its fine man I'm just playing around just thought it was funny:rolleyes:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
"'m not saying it's a perfect set, there's plenty of things that it could have done that would have made it better. Venusaur and Blastoise's holos should have been included, Alakazam would have been nice too" <--but its fine man I'm just playing around just thought it was funny:rolleyes:
When I mentioned those I meant Base Venusaur and Base Blastoise. Those two and Alakazam are the three Holos that didn’t get reprinted from Base Set into Evolutions, which is why I said it was something I didn’t like about the set. The VMAXes have nothing to do with that set, so I just wasn’t sure what that had to do with anything.

Pone

Delta Species is best species
It really does baffle me how everyone loves Evolutions all of a sudden after hating the set's guts for so long...
It's because of Jake Paul. From what I heard he opened some Base Set booster packs and since everyone wants Charizard, but no one can afford any of the old ones with that art, the Evolutions one is the next best thing. Except now Evolutions Charizard is starting become just as expensive.

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
You know it's interesting seeing constant complaining about older packs being included in collections like this. I mean there are a lot of folks new to the hobby let alone ones who do not play this game professionally to the point where they play by solely by the current rotations. In spite of hearing complaints about Evolutions for the 2 years I've been collecting they too have proven to not be immune to the effect of Charizard overhype.

While I'm not going to label anyone a "crybaby" over it I'm just encouraging folks to keep in mind that there's been an influx of newcomers to the hobby and includes people like myself who do like older cards. Unless I want to pay a collector a premium for packs you can't find at retail these collections provide a nice way to get them. Don't even get me started on the singles market. No one seems to know how to grade cards while the pass them off as "near mint" and reverse holos clearly rarely ever get the pack to sleeve treatment. Sad really.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
It wouldn't be so high price if people who weren't actually players/active fans didn't get zombified by Logan Paul.

I like Evolutions but boy let's not act like it had a lot of value until the current unfortunate state of affairs that affects those of us who actually like Pokemon.
3OMs9H1.png

I wish the other price timelines went further back as well (this one's Amazon), but you can clearly see these boxes have risen up in price before Oct 10th. Logan has simply sped up this process and affected the price of all Pokemon cards (even Vivid Voltage, for some unholy reason).
Evolution has risen up in price because it's simply fun and nostalgic to open. Despite the cries that it's overprinted, the stock kept being chewed on not because the Charizard was particularly expensive, but because part of the value was opening the packs themselves. Really, the only reason it hasn't done so earlier was this conception that there's plenty of them.