Play! Pokemon Events Remain Suspended Through End of 2020

Jackrockstar

Aspiring Trainer
I hope they can work something out with local card shops to make it so they don't go under. I know YuGiOh has the remote duel setup where you can still get prize packs from competing at locals via discord or zoom, hopefully, pokemon can figure something like that out too.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Am I wrong in thinking you could do a socially distanced tournament. Limited people, perspex screens, masks, no tocuhing others cards? Seems doable? Shorter time spans (so pre-release max of three rounds.

Jeff Stratford

Aspiring Trainer
Am I wrong in thinking you could do a socially distanced tournament. Limited people, perspex screens, masks, no tocuhing others cards? Seems doable? Shorter time spans (so pre-release max of three rounds.
The only problem I see is that in a competitive setting, players typically cut there opponents deck, shuffle their deck and look through their discard pile which requires interacting with their cards. Players could stack their decks if there isn’t an option to cut, but in a more relaxed setting like a league it could potentially work

Red-EyesHydreigon

Aspiring Trainer
The only problem I see is that in a competitive setting, players typically cut there opponents deck, shuffle their deck and look through their discard pile which requires interacting with their cards. Players could stack their decks if there isn’t an option to cut, but in a more relaxed setting like a league it could potentially work

Well, what Yugioh has been doing for their video chat tourneys is that after player 1 finishes a deck search, player 2 picks a number, then player 1 counts out cards from the top and does the cut themselves. The main issue would be either having extremely limited player caps, or too many people to distance when there isn’t 2 masks and a plexiglass wall between everyone.
Could be done, but still a fairly tricky situation as you can never assume that everyone there will have a mask on constantly until they leave the venue.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Considering how this is going in the U.S., I have severe doubts anything will open before July at the absolute earliest. But hey, glory be to the hopeful.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I predict that 2021 will be met with a surge of positivity (after all, it's not "2020" anymore), followed by a quick realization that, in fact, nothing has changed.
That said, the lockdown has been a surprising positive for the Pokemon TCG. The prices of all collectibles shot up, while many player-players are on a hiatus, inadvertently dodging a crappy format.

Aces

Aspiring Trainer
I’ve been hopeful for the league to start again but with the spikes going back up, states looming to shutdowns again and this is just almost winter... It just makes more sense. Send me my promo lol and make a team league tournament.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I predict that 2021 will be met with a surge of positivity (after all, it's not "2020" anymore), followed by a quick realization that, in fact, nothing has changed.
That said, the lockdown has been a surprising positive for the Pokemon TCG. The prices of all collectibles shot up, while many player-players are on a hiatus, inadvertently dodging a crappy format.

what do you mean crappy format, ADP/catcher/hammer mirrors are so skill intensive