'Shiny Star V' Announced for November, Plus Blastoise and Venusaur VMAX!

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not surprised. At all. This Charizard hype is just too much, and I think the Pokemon company is giving Charizard too much spotlight now. The card looks really nice, but this is the third or fourth set in a row with an ultra rare Charizard of some sort.

TKGX

Aspiring Trainer
and I thought Champion's Path being sold out everywhere was bad enough, hoo boy.

Shuppetwithagun

Aspiring Trainer
Biggerer doesn't always mean betterer.

If you like the potential of this set, I don't blame you. But I'm just exhausted at this point. It sounds like others are too, especially with all the scalpers. I've been wanting the TCG to just slow down, and personally I think this would have been more appealing if there were only a select few shiny Pokemon cards, like in Shining Legends.

I agree I liked how shining legends handled shiny cards it wasn’t too painful and didn’t cost your soul and an eye to complete. Hidden fates however is getting to too much I don’t even have half the shiny cards yet and they are already getting ready for more, why Pokémon.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I pulled the rainbow Charizard VMAX the other day - it's like they're daring me with trying to get another one XD

'Zard aside, I'd go for the Shiny Decidueye as well, need more ghost archer birb :)

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I love the Nessa set; it's basically the same as the Marnie set from Legendary Heartbeat, which was a great option for Americans looking for a cool way to get some Legendary Heartbeat (coming with 2 booster boxes and some cool stuff you can still use with your American cards).

Marnie was obtainable for in the $120 range shipped in the US at the time I got it I believe, which for 2 (japanese-size) booster boxes plus sleeves/box/etc. was quite reasonable. Hopefully Nessa will not be too much more!

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
I love the Nessa set; it's basically the same as the Marnie set from Legendary Heartbeat, which was a great option for Americans looking for a cool way to get some Legendary Heartbeat (coming with 2 booster boxes and some cool stuff you can still use with your American cards).

Marnie was obtainable for in the $120 range shipped in the US at the time I got it I believe, which for 2 (japanese-size) booster boxes plus sleeves/box/etc. was quite reasonable. Hopefully Nessa will not be too much more!
Sounds like you're reckoning without the 127 Shiny Pokemon, let alone the Shiny Charizard VMAX, my poor friend...

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Sounds like you're reckoning without the 127 Shiny Pokemon, let alone the Shiny Charizard VMAX, my poor friend...

Yeah, I'm sure that will drive up the price some. I'm just hoping not too much. We'll see. The Marnie box was quite desirable, plus the Legendary Heartbeat set itself was quite desirable, though obviously not Shiny Zard Vmax level.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Aren't these kinds of sets usually appear at the end of the generation's lifespan, to celebrate the cards released in it?
Anyway, I hope Mimikyu and Tsareena, which got snubbed in Hidden Fates but still appear in Galar dex, finally get shiny versions.

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
That snom is actually good for Frosmoth decks. Makes it a little better if you end up having to start with it active.