'Shiny Star V' Announced for November, Plus Blastoise and Venusaur VMAX!

My dispair at the reveal of yet another unattainable charizard card...

Ejek2mPXYAAZ_tA

I’m kinda mad. I like that they are making shiny cards but most people (from what I gather) haven’t gotten all of the hidden fates cards yet, and now they are releasing a brand new set with even more. It’s a total cash grab to do it so close to the hidden fates release.

So, they got way too excited to release one of the shinies way too early to use as a crutch for a set nobody cared about, and now they’re going to use the shiny VMAX as a crutch for this set when it won’t need one as it comes out in English whenever.

Again-and let me make this clear-I like Charizard and don’t think it deserves a bad name-but the handling of the Pokémon as a crutch for these kinds of things isn’t the way to do it and it’s exhausting as a fan of the Pokémon AND as someone who wants to collect special sets and all that. Now there’s another Charizard I would like to own but can’t, and a shiny set I would have wanted of Hidden Fates wasn’t such a nightmare, and now can’t get.

So? I don’t care anymore. I’m never going to be able to find this set, because it’ll be just like the last two once it comes out in English. All I’ve got to say is this better not be the 25th anniversary set. Don’t make that one just another shiny set.

I’m kinda mad. I like that they are making shiny cards but most people (from what I gather) haven’t gotten all of the hidden fates cards yet, and now they are releasing a brand new set with even more. It’s a total cash grab to do it so close to the hidden fates release.

GX Ultra Shiny was released in 2018 November 2. That's like almost 2 years ago and it'll be over 2 years ago when it releases.

Also Japan always has some kind of special box release around November every year. This is just this year's version of what was Tag All Stars last year, which had no shinies but did have some insanely good full art cards.

It's not unfair but it is pretty shitty because it's likely going to be a scarce scalper-fest again with boxes being sold for 200% of the original price after the initial batches are sold out.

Yeah... more than 300 cards from this set, well I can forget that. I still haven't had a chance to get Hidden fates ETB, Pokeball editions because it was out of stock during preorders, and the best part is Pokemon company decide to reprint tins wich majority people have opened to the point they get sick. So far I have open only 25 Hidden Fate packs mainly because can't find anywhere on sell but hey got lucky and pulled at least the Shiny Charizard GX.

When it comes to this special set, it is perfect for our English release but I got a bad feeling it will be out of stock during preorders, especially when scalpers that have the means and connections with distributors, while regular guys will run around stores trying to find if anything is available.

And preordering is a nightmare from online stores, take an example of Champion's Path, I don't think it is normal that have to pay during Preorder 75 euros for a box and in my case, I got lucky because another guy screwed up and the retailer gave to me but still these boxes should be around 50-55 euros tops and yet with stupid decisions by Pokemon company these products aren't available in many places and go for crazy overpriced, I can't even buy as Christmas presents.

300 cards?! Holy crap is that the biggest set ever?

Also I wonder if there will be shiny versions of the Amazing Rares?

Wow including Charizard from KANTOOOOOOOO, who as we all know has been eagerly awaiting for another card after a drought of literal days since we got one.

The article says this could come to English in February. That seems really quick I was thinking late next year.

GX Ultra Shiny was released in 2018 November 2. That's like almost 2 years ago and it'll be over 2 years ago when it releases.

Also Japan always has some kind of special box release around November every year. This is just this year's version of what was Tag All Stars last year, which had no shinies but did have some insanely good full art cards.

It's not unfair but it is pretty shitty because it's likely going to be a scarce scalper-fest again with boxes being sold for 200% of the original price after the initial batches are sold out.
Thinking about it again I suppose that it has been a while since it released however it’s really upsetting because like hidden fates the prices will skyrocket and make it extremely difficult to complete which is what I and many other would want to do. Plus the prices have risen for hidden fates cards so much that if you are mostly buying loose it makes it even more difficult.

Biggerer doesn't always mean betterer.

If you like the potential of this set, I don't blame you. But I'm just exhausted at this point. It sounds like others are too, especially with all the scalpers. I've been wanting the TCG to just slow down, and personally I think this would have been more appealing if there were only a select few shiny Pokemon cards, like in Shining Legends. Meanwhile, Pokemon's like:
y46xvjxt5h351.jpg

Somehow, the best image I could find was this template...

Aw, no... Don't give me hope... That looks fantastic. lol

Maybe the anniversary set will be like generations where it was released throughout the year? Would make sense since it’s so massive and everyone is buying up the shelves?

Ngl, the idea that there are going to be 100+ secret rares in a set sounds like nightmare fuel for collectors who try to complete these sets...

Pokemon: "If you're good at something, never do it for free."

Fans: Ok, how much secret rares in set?

Pokemon: Umm, over 100!

Fans: (laugh)

Pokemon: (Goes through with it)

Back