Mismagius and Bellelba & Brycen-Man Banned by Creatures and TPCi!

These are just completely different cards..
I thought they would just nerf the cards, like mill 2 instead of 3 for B&B, or draw 4 instead of 7 for Mismagius.
Strange days.

Mismagius can be perfectly played with the Goons

Mismagius is unplayable. You'd be talking multiple evolutions and having to throw in Psychic or Aurora Energy. It's binder fodder. MAYBE a 1-off in Trevenant in Expanded, but that's even a stretch.

These are... not the same cards. What...?

If they wanted to ban these cards for the reasons that were previously given, sure. (They should have banned Reset Stamp while they were at it, but apparently, that card's A-OK.) But why bother going through this song and dance of replacing them with completely different effects, making them entirely new cards? Truly bizarre.

Weirdness of the situation aside, these two at least have interesting effects, but require oddly specific setups to work the best.

Sabrina and Brycen could be more tools for ADP? You search for ADP, Crobat and Dedenne plus your water energy and if discard a Metal energy it help to use Zacian, Saucer, Energy transfer for Altered Creation Gx turn 1

Pretty much any deck running Crobat and Dedenne can give a use to Sabrina and Brycen

Last edited:
Sabrina and Brycen could be more tools for ADP? You search for ADP, Crobat and Dedenne plus your water energy and if discard a Metal energy it help to use Zacian, Saucer, Energy transfer for Altered Creation Gx turn 1

Pretty much any deck running Crobat and Dedenne can give a use to Sabrina and Brycen

thats what im saying they just gave ADP a card that will buff them! like this could really do some damage.

thats what im saying they just gave ADP a card that will buff them! like this could really do some damage.

ADP players, explain it to me slowly and in detail, because I am ignorant, stubborn, and sometimes downright stupid:

The plan is to fetch three Basic Pokémon and two basic Energy cards at the cost of not only your Supporter for the turn, but a massive* 5-card discard cost. Is this really better than running a touch more basic Energy search, or a few more copies of Basic Metal Energy... without having to burn your Supporter for the turn? Yes, you can combo this with Dedenne-GX and Crobat V... but it isn't like this is the only way to utilize those two cards. Quick Ball is a thing. Big draw power is a thing.

The 5-card discard cost seems to be badly underestimated but this could be my ignorance (or stubbornness or stupidity) speaking. Here's why it worries me:

Your opponent is goings first. Let us assume there were no Mulligans and your opponent does nothing to shrink or increase your hand size. Your seven card opening had had to contain at least one Pokémon you could put into play as your Active. You get to draw a card at the start of your turn, so you're back up to a minimum hand of seven. Let us say it contains Sabrina & Brycen: that leaves six cards left. The discard cost is five. That means you're allowed to play one card out of that opening hand. The rest has to be stuff your deck can do without, or wants in your discard pile. Can you use a non-Supporter effect, one which does not end your turn, so long as it results in a net gain for cards-in-hand? Sure, but how many things do you run search for that you want in your hand or your discard pile, as opposed to actually using them?

I am not saying it can never work. I'm just saying that, in terms of raw card count, this card is a -3, minimum. How'd get that number?
  • The copy of Sabrina & Brycen is a -1...
  • ...and another -2 because it is a Supporter.**
  • 5 card discard cost is (duh) a -5
  • You then search out up to five cards (+5).
Again, you may be able to search out additional combo elements, but if they work just as well from using a Quick Ball to fetch that specific bit, is this really a good deal? Remember, if you don't have 5 cards you can afford to discard, this is Professor's Letter as a Supporter.

* Doesn't Professor's Research have a potentially higher discard cost? Yes, but the keyword is "potentially", and we also need to stress that you can use it if you have a hand with 0-4 cards in it.
**Wondering why being a Supporter is another -2? The "Draw 3 cards." Supporters aren't great, but they're consistently released, so we're using them as the minimum value for a Supporter. Edit: If you don't mind relying on XY-era releases, it is even easier to explain. Trevor is a Supporter which snags any Pokémon from your deck. Ultra Ball is a Trainer-Item that can do the same thing, but with a two-card discard cost. Still not perfect, but being a Supporter eliminates a -2.

Last edited:
These are absolutely garbage card mismagius because it is a stage one plus it needs physic energy to attack so I feel that it won't work in goons, and don't get me started on SubBry it is just trash it is professors letter as a supporter mixed with prof. oak's setup just you discard 5 cards it is absolute trash I mean we don't have professors letter in standard but it still sucks if it was 2 energy without the basic then it would be good but right now it sucks really bad.
Edit: scratch that I can see adp playing this as a 1 of

So... they banned cards and just happen to be releasing a new Mismagius promo and a Sabrina & Brycen promo. Kay.

Well, that’s, um. Interesting??? I don't really have much to add because a lot of people have already kinda shared my sentiments on this. It's a... Weird sort of thing, though. I was hoping for more of a "nerf" or a rework of the same mechanics than just; "Let's just kind of do something completely different!" I don't play the TCG so I'm not sure how those cards were or what to change them to, but as a conceptual thing it would have at least been nice to see that.

Last edited:
This 2 cards completely defeat the purpose of them saying the card gonna be revamp, this 2 are in no sense spiritual reincarnation of the original other than using the same character, they should atleast nerf the original effect rather then total overhaul

ADP players, explain it to me slowly and in detail, because I am ignorant, stubborn, and sometimes downright stupid:

The plan is to fetch three Basic Pokémon and two basic Energy cards at the cost of not only your Supporter for the turn, but a massive* 5-card discard cost. Is this really better than running a touch more basic Energy search, or a few more copies of Basic Metal Energy... without having to burn your Supporter for the turn? Yes, you can combo this with Dedenne-GX and Crobat V... but it isn't like this is the only way to utilize those two cards. Quick Ball is a thing. Big draw power is a thing.

The 5-card discard cost seems to be badly underestimated but this could be my ignorance (or stubbornness or stupidity) speaking. Here's why it worries me:

Your opponent is goings first. Let us assume there were no Mulligans and your opponent does nothing to shrink or increase your hand size. Your seven card opening had had to contain at least one Pokémon you could put into play as your Active. You get to draw a card at the start of your turn, so you're back up to a minimum hand of seven. Let us say it contains Sabrina & Brycen: that leaves six cards left. The discard cost is five. That means you're allowed to play one card out of that opening hand. The rest has to be stuff your deck can do without, or wants in your discard pile. Can you use a non-Supporter effect, one which does not end your turn, so long as it results in a net gain for cards-in-hand? Sure, but how many things do you run search for that you want in your hand or your discard pile, as opposed to actually using them?

I am not saying it can never work. I'm just saying that, in terms of raw card count, this card is a -3, minimum. How'd get that number?
  • The copy of Sabrina & Brycen is a -1...
  • ...and another -2 because it is a Supporter.**
  • 5 card discard cost is (duh) a -5
  • You then search out up to five cards (+5).
Again, you may be able to search out additional combo elements, but if they work just as well from using a Quick Ball to fetch that specific bit, is this really a good deal? Remember, if you don't have 5 cards you can afford to discard, this is Professor's Letter as a Supporter.

* Doesn't Professor's Research have a potentially higher discard cost? Yes, but the keyword is "potentially", and we also need to stress that you can use it if you have a hand with 0-4 cards in it.
**Wondering why being a Supporter is another -2? The "Draw 3 cards." Supporters aren't great, but they're consistently released, so we're using them as the minimum value for a Supporter. Edit: If you don't mind relying on XY-era releases, it is even easier to explain. Trevor is a Supporter which snags any Pokémon from your deck. Ultra Ball is a Trainer-Item that can do the same thing, but with a two-card discard cost. Still not perfect, but being a Supporter eliminates a -2.

heck you dont even need to have it in your hand use Tag Call to get ADP and Sabrina & Brycen in your hand play both with S&B get water and steel energy and for pokemon get dedenne gx, crobat v, and Zacian. done

You're missing the point, @ Daryl Bauer II. I wasn't even worrying about the odds of getting Sabrina & Brycen in hand.

I'm stressing how your hand has to be expendable. With something like Professor's Research, you're only in trouble if you have something you need to use in hand before using Professor's Research, but actually need to use it after. With Sabrina & Brycen, you'll need to discard most of your hand. No, it isn't terrible, because most decks will have enough redundancies. That doesn't mean we can gloss over the cost, either.

Why is everyone ignoring how this combos with Swoobat?

You mean Swoobat (SM - Cosmic Eclipse 88/236)? I don't think it is a very good combo. Swoobat's attack is

[P] Charming Stamp
Your opponent chooses 1 of their own Pokémon. This attack does 90 damage to that Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

You do not choose which Pokémon takes 90 damage, your opponent does. So you're running two Stage 1 Pokémon, burning two attacks, and three total Energy for a guaranteed OHKO of whatever Pokémon your opponent chooses to sacrifice. Unless they have Mew with Bench Barrier, which will shutdown Swoobat's attack completely.

Back