'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
As far as energy disruption goes the Samurott isn't actually to bad, unfortunately welder is still a thing and a lot of other decks only require a few energy to attack.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
All the amazing effects some of the other special energies got, and this is the S*** we got for water players?

Fuming.
Man I really hope this is ironic, I can’t imagine being this mad over a card...

Besides, it’s not that bad anyways, if there ends up being a meta that Water decks can benefit from it then there’s going to be a use for it. Didn’t people do the same thing with Wonder Energy in old fairy decks sometimes as a 1-2 of?

LifePartTwo

Aspiring Trainer
For the wash water energy, does the 60 extra damage from Inteleon VMAX’s second attack count as an effect? By my understanding when they say damage isn’t an effect that is referring to the actual damage of the attack. Going back to the Inteleon VMAX example, if the active water Pokemon has the wash water energy attached it would receive the 160 damage.

guicazzonato

Aspiring Trainer
For the wash water energy, does the 60 extra damage from Inteleon VMAX’s second attack count as an effect? By my understanding when they say damage isn’t an effect that is referring to the actual damage of the attack. Going back to the Inteleon VMAX example, if the active water Pokemon has the wash water energy attached it would receive the 160 damage.

Inteleon VMAX's second attack does not count as a special effect. It is indeed damage.
However, Dragapult VMAX's second attack is a special effect, and therefore will be prevented by the new special water energy, as will Espeon & Deoxys GX attack.

Clam

Almost decent
This just seems boring honestly, I was hoping for something more interesting for water.

Now for Samorutt I think it (although it would be possibly way too strong) would be cool if you could gust up to four energy cards but you had to have a wash water energy energy and then put it into the lost zone.

less relevent but if samorott lost its sword does it have to get a new one or with pokemon magic it just makes a new one??

Last edited:

The Fish

0.o
This just seems boring honestly, I was hoping for something more interesting for water.

Now for Samorutt I think it (although it would be possibly way too strong) would be cool if you could gust up to four energy cards but you had to have a wash water energy energy and then put it into the lost zone.

less relevent but if samorott lost its sword does it have to get a new one or with pokemon magic it just makes a new one??

I mean it's a massive sword that has a sheath in Samurott's arms...I don't really know how one could lose something like that. But hypothetically if it DID, I guess it would beat up another Samurott and take their sword. A victory prize or something. It does need to USE the swords every now and then soooo...go hunt down another Samurott! The swords are like removable horns, right? It's made from the same stuff as horns, meaning it's a literal part of its body (Oshawott is born with the shell I think), so it would be like losing a thumb. Or it could just find it again...

RHowford

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Returning 2 energy is better than you all realise. It means the opponent has to waste a Welder to get back to where they were, Eternatus Vmax is suddenly energyless and stranded etc. Samurott can be brilliant in a heavy energy denial deck.

Nyora

A Cat
Returning 2 energy is better than you all realise. It means the opponent has to waste a Welder to get back to where they were, Eternatus Vmax is suddenly energyless and stranded etc. Samurott can be brilliant in a heavy energy denial deck.
Except Samurott is slow, slower than the energy it's yeeting away, and especially when it is Knocked Out, all that energy can come back easily as you struggle to get 3 more energy on a stage 2

zigzag501

Aspiring Trainer
Except Samurott is slow, slower than the energy it's yeeting away, and especially when it is Knocked Out, all that energy can come back easily as you struggle to get 3 more energy on a stage 2
You can get Samurott up turn 2 bc u can use twin energy and candy

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I made a pattern about these Special Energy being released since Rebel Clash to the Vs representing it.

Speed L - Toxtricity
Horror P - Dragapult
Heat R - Centriskorch
Hiding D - Eternatus
Powerful C - Salamence
Aroma G - Zarude
Stone F - Coalossal
Wash W - ???
Coating M - ???

That means we will getting W and M Pokemon V which represents these Special Energy in this set.

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder why they didn't call it sth akin to Small Parasol [W] Energy instead. It's basically a smaller version of Big Parasol that only protects the attached mon, but that mon doesn't have to be active. At least that means pure [W] decks won't need to play Big Parasol, I guess.

The Samurott does 20 more damage and bounces 1 more energy back for 1 more [C] than the theme deck Inteleon, but why is it trying to compete w/ that one when the Shady Dealings one already pushes it completely out of the metagame as not only a better attacker, but also an incredibly useful ability mon? I feel like this Samurott could've just been a direct upgrade to the theme deck Inteleon, w/ either a [W][C] or even a [C][C] attack cost. We're used to doing 120 off a single attachment, and this is a stage 2 anyway, lol.

Last edited: