'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

BreakfastScrub

Aspiring Trainer
Inteleon VMax can now use Snipe Shot and Max Bullet interchangeably and Lapras VMax can now use Ocean Loop to conserve some extra water energy if it's about to be KO'd. Salamence VMax can now use Swoop Across off a TAE.
Mad Party can play Diggersby DAA to hit a weakness on Eternatus and Vikavolt. Garbodor RCL can use Trubbish's Venoshock. Decidueye can get access to Skill Dive, Hide and Seek, and Wing Flick.

This card already has a lot of cool interactions in standard and will only get more as time goes on.

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
At least the Phanpy means we'll get a new Donphan just a while after the other two rotate, and we can just hope it'll be good, lol.

Memory Capsule is also nice to replace the rotating Memory Energy, and now a Memory-type card can be used more efficiently by mons w/o a [C] in any of their attack costs. It'll be really nice for those mons that only have 1 attack like Vmaxes. Ya, Salamence was the first one I thought of. TAE was already good to help w/ its second attack, but sometimes Swoop Across is just more needed at the time.

What else, I guess in Expanded, it'll ease Shining Celebi's job a little.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
What happened to Memory Berry? This card already existed... Weird. But welcome for interesting combos, like that Phanpy.

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
What happened to Memory Berry? This card already existed... Weird. But welcome for interesting combos, like that Phanpy.
Uh, it rotated like over a decade ago. I guess renaming a card is more profitable or sth? So you can't actually use age-old copies of that card from the gen 4 era, but have to buy the one w/ the new name instead.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Uh, it rotated like over a decade ago. I guess renaming a card is more profitable or sth? So you can't actually use age-old copies of that card from the gen 4 era, but have to buy the one w/ the new name instead.
They recently brought back Lucky Egg from the Platinum Arceus set. Again, it just seems weird to me, especially given the Lucky Egg situation.

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
They recently brought back Lucky Egg from the Platinum Arceus set. Again, it just seems weird to me, especially given the Lucky Egg situation.

There's a big difference between Berry and Capsule, though: Berry discards itself after the Pokemon attacks, making it a one-time deal. Capsule sticks around so you can get more use out of it.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Also, the Memory Berry had to be discarded once the holder actually uses a move. It’s cool to see a similar Pokémon Tool without that drawback!

...Oh yay I was ninja’d

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, that's a good point. I'm also thinking maybe it had to do w/ Lum and Sitrus coming back as well, and those two discard themselves after they're "consumed". And maybe they wanted a tiny bit of consistency w/ the berries or sth, idk, lol.

There's a big difference between Berry and Capsule, though: Berry discards itself after the Pokemon attacks, making it a one-time deal. Capsule sticks around so you can get more use out of it.
The first two iterations of Memory Berry discarded themselves, but the third one from Platinum didn't for w/e reason.

Also, this Capsule looks kinda Mega Stone- related. Just thought that was interesting.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Also, the Memory Berry had to be discarded once the holder actually uses a move. It’s cool to see a similar Pokémon Tool without that drawback!

...Oh yay I was ninja’d
The Platinum version of Memory Berry didn't require you to discard it after attacking. Unless there was an errata that added that drawback that I'm unaware of.
But I didn't know that was the effect of the older versions! =O

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Oh, that's a good point. I'm also thinking maybe it had to do w/ Lum and Sitrus coming back as well, and those two discard themselves after they're "consumed". And maybe they wanted a tiny bit of consistency w/ the berries or sth, idk, lol.
Actually, I think that's it. Collectively, you, @MystikX , @MegaPod_781 , and I figured out why Memory Berry wasn't brought back. They wanted consistency for the berries, but discarding this Tool card after attacking wasn't what they wanted. Mystery solved!

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
Doll Swap for 3 Energy, no thanks.

Phanphy - we need a good Donphan.
Memory Crystal - any card that will be released in the future having a good attacks on its pre evoseason will be taking advantage of this card. Too bad, Sturdy Donphan is rotating. Sad face. 4
Triple Acceleration Energy. I thought that'd be obvious. And the Clefairy and Clefable go to your hand, not in your deck like Beheeyem. You can use dolls and other walls to go into, and eventually Reset Stamp your opponent to a low hand and stack their topdeck with Clefable's ability so they won't be able to draw out of it without attaching to something they don't want to, or not attaching at all.

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
My Falinks deck and my Sirfetch'd deck are gonna love Bea

In all seriousness, that Charizard seems... broken, to say the least. 170HP, 2 Fire Energy attack cost, and 300+ damage when fully loaded, and that's not even including using Leon on that turn, Choice Band, and Martial Arts Dojo when you're behind on prizes (400 dmg).

While it is a Stage 2, I think this Charizard has a fast enough setup with Welder for it's attack cost and Misty's Favour for Leon that it won't be problematic.

Now... that Galarian Sirfetch'd V... nearly copies its base card. 20 more damage, seriously!?

Galar Aviad

Aspiring Trainer
Is anyone getting the Japanese set?
When are we gonna get more info on the Shiny V set? I need to know if it's gonna be worth buying a few boxes or settle just for one.