Finished Mafia LX: Bad Cop, Insane Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night Zero Starts!
All roles have been sent out. As an apology for the misunderstanding about the "there is now suddenly a Night Zero" and "the deadline is actually 3 PM EST instead of 9 PM EST", I will make Night Zero last 48 hours!

I am sorry to say that I am not as creative as you all when it comes to flavor, so there will be no flavor in this game.

By the way: The Mafia Faction Kill is non-assigned since there is no tracker or watcher, but it is still mandatory. In case no submission was given from the Mafia, a random town will still be killed.

Well then Ladies and Gentlemen... have fun!
(...I'm very, very sorry for you, Vanilla Townies. You have to wait 48 hours, and I can't do anything about it... I guess you could use some early rest since there is no Night Zero kill?)

Here is your timer until the Start of Day 1.

Day 1 Starts!
First and foremost, let me congratulate the Vanilla Townies who had to wait for a whole 48 hours.
I hope that you have had a nice and peaceful rest.

Well then, without further ado: Let's start the game for real!

Here is your timer until the End of Day 1.

(...am I even able to mass-tag properly instead of only 3 people in each post?)
(...I think I will stick with poking the players in their PMs.)

Well well we’ll here we go. I missed this thing. I guess RVS is kinda pointless in this setup huh?

Haha no idea really. Never played a game like that. I guess mass role claim is the way to go? I think I better check somewhere how this thing goes.

So here's the deal. This isn't a normal game of mafia and I'm not going to treat it that way. If we lynch a townie today, we're going into LYLO tomorrow and a single vote ends the game. We need to play with the advantages we have and that's our cops and the fact scum has no daychat.
Here are my two ideas for how we should go about the day:
Option 1: Cop Cover
With this option, every single person acts like they are a cop and says their Night 0 result today. Then, the cops will claim tomorrow. This means that even if a cop dies, we'll have the other cop's results which can help us ascertain sanities. Cops should be able to have a larger survival rate and we have a greater chance of getting both cops on Day 2, but it's worth noting that a cop's results on N2 are useless because of mafia frame so it can only serve as a clear.
Option 2: Massclaim
Everyone claims if they are/are not a cop. We get started with analysis today. Cops have lower life expectancy but this means LYLO fakeclaims can't be a thing.

Preferably, we decide what we're doing today and find an exact time for every player to post their claims tomorrow (probably 10 AM EST or so is best for timezones?). Of my two options, I think the second one is best because I'd like to get clears now and solve around that. I think no form of claiming is foolish but if you have another method lmk.

Also a couple of notes about how to talk about mechanics:
If we're not going with a massclaim, do not talk at all about roles in a way that reveals if you are/are not a cop. There's really subtle ways to perspective slip so just think "would a cop say this?" before posting anything related to mechanics.
Never ever ever mention "Cop should do this" in thread because mafia has a framer and can mess with us and also because it outs you as not a cop.
This is a setup where mechanics are key. This does not mean you can or should only talk about mechanics. I will scumhunt and you will need to too if we hope to win this game.

First and foremost, Hi, it's been a while.

Don't see how mass claim gonna work much, especially day 1, I for once not used to it anyway. but that just me, Anyway. I'm off to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back