Finished Fog of War III: TeamAqua Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mora

Don't Panic
arr, arr arr arr. arr arr... arr?

##FIRE: F6

Aye aye! Aye aye eye I aye. Arrg aye aye arr eye. Arr arr aye eye plop.

Grid Map

gridmap.png

Celever

Wheeeee~
Yer good at hidin', but I see it high time to break down your defences. There's no way my special cannon can miss!

##FIRE OCTILLERY SHELL: Q6

Mora

Don't Panic
Yer good at hidin', but I see it high time to break down your defences. There's no way my special cannon can miss!

##FIRE OCTILLERY SHELL: Q6

Falinks confidently waited to hear the results of their shot. They were rewarded with the sound of an explosion followed by cracking of wood; Lapras's cry could faintly be heard in the distance, echoing through the fog. Falinks smiled in satisfaction; they were exceptionally proud of the fact that they were the first to draw blood. "Kobe!" they chanted in unison.

Also, Dusk Form Lycanroc hasn't so much as logged on in the past 7 days. I could simply mod-kill him, but where would be the fun in that! Then all of his loot would end up at the bottom of the sea.

##FIRE: N12

The cannonball tore through Umbreon's ship, but everything remained eerily quiet. No one cried out in panic. No captain bellowed out orders. Just calm. Umbreon's ship was deserted, and pretty soon it would be at the bottom of the ocean...

Grid Map

gridmap.png

Last edited:

Mora

Don't Panic
"Argh, me ally's under siege! As nice as it would be to seize the ghost ship's booty, Umbreon's no threat to me companion. But where be the other ships!"

Arrrgghhhh, Ggaarrrr, Yyyarrrrr, I’ll crush ye barnacles!

##FIRE: H15

cried Victini in quite the intimidating fashion, betraying his usually adorable demeanor. He had to at least try to paint other ships on the grid. Maybe the armada would go after them instead of Lapras. Maybe his shot would by his team time until nightfall. Maybe. But it didn't. Plop went Victini's shot as it struck the water.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Yarrrr, ye best be careful around these parts. These waters be dangerous.

##USE FIRE BARREL

Mora

Don't Panic
Time for a classic sunset cannonball! Let's get some gold!

##FIRE MIDAS CANNONBALL: P6
There was still just enough light in the sky for the solid chunk of gold to catch and reflect in all directions, piercing the dense fog. No one caught from whence the cannonball came, but they all saw it land in a blaze of glory. "That was a close one!" Lapras let loose a sigh of relief.

"Curse that good fer nothing Umbreon," said an angry Luxray. "I hope he gets the gallows fer desertin' us in our time o' need! Tempting as it may be to fire upon his abandoned vessel me self, perhaps I'll let the other captains take care of him and use the extra time to think up a new plan."

Ye have all damned yer vessels to sink here in this ocean!

##FIRE: L1

Luxray's cannons fired... a disappointing plop could be heard in the distance.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Avast ye! We must scuttle ye ship, for our stocks be nearly empty and supplies be desperately needed! Nothin' personal!

##FIRE: Q5

FOR NEVERLAND!

Mora

Don't Panic
Avast ye! We must scuttle ye ship, for our stocks be nearly empty and supplies be desperately needed! Nothin' personal!

##FIRE: Q5

FOR NEVERLAND!

You hit Jadethepokemontrainer. Skipping flavor cause late :v

Mora

Don't Panic
Fog Of War Night 2

gridmap.png

This phase ends 11pm GMT May 3rd.

???’s Scout Ability was activated.
???’s Scout Ability was activated.
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK used ##FIRE: J9. It hit water.
mirdo used ##Fire:K11. It hit water.
Jadethepokemontrainer used ##FIRE: J20. It hit a Whirlpool.
The Last Shaymin used ##FIRE: F6. It hit water.
Celever used ##FIRE OCTILLERY SHELL: Q6. Jadethepokemontrainer was hit.
Mora used ##FIRE: N12. Dusk Form Lycanroc was hit.
Alfze used ##FIRE: H15. It hit water.
Jadethepokemontrainer used ##USE FIRE BARREL. Fire barrel deployed!
NinjaPenguin used ##FIRE MIDAS CANNONBALL: P6. It hit water and spawned a sunken treasure.
Blakers used ##FIRE: L1. It hit water.
bbninjas used ##FIRE: Q5. Jadethepokemontrainer was hit.

So a couple of notes. I'd like to remind everyone about the ##Dayend feature. You guys seem to be hesitant to fire first, with a few of your shots coming in right before the deadline. It seems that most of you have realized that he who shoots last has the advantage, since you get more information on where other players are and landing the killing blow allows you to take their loot. While this is a legitimate strategy, it has resulted in a lot of deadtime mid Day Phase. For that reason, I'm shortening the following Day Phases from 5 days to 3 days, and I will also be looking for ways to incentivize players to fire early, starting with this:

@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK fired first today and received 3000 gold.
@mirdo fired second today and received 2000 gold.
@Jadethepokemontrainer fired third today and received 1000 gold.
@The Last Shaymin fired fourth today and received 500 gold.

Hopefully this will offset the strategic advantage of firing last.

You may:
  • PM me with commands for Night-specific Abilities or Items.
  • PM me to purchase Items and Abilities from the Bazaar
  • Communicate with your team in your team’s conversation.
  • Trade Items or gold with players on your team in your team’s conversation. Both parties must agree, and you must also tag me in the trade.
You may not:
  • Post in this thread during the Night Phase.
  • Move your ship (unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so).

Bazaar

Items and Abilities are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis. I will post a log of purchases / commands at the end of the phase. This log will reveal which Items / Abilities were bought as well as any commands made during the Night Phase, but not by who. If you make any invalid commands, you will be informed promptly.

Items:

Bar Shot – 8800 gold (3 available)
Wreaks havoc upon mast and sails. Any ship you hit with this command cannot use their Abilities until the beginning of the next Day Phase.

Corsola Cannonball - 4000 gold
If this cannonball hits water, a Coral Reef spawns at that location. (No Corsola were harmed in the manufacture of this Item.)

Javelin - 8500 gold (1 available)
A missile with a sophisticated guidance system. Your shot is guaranteed to hit the targeted player. This shot will not reveal players on the grid-map. You may only use one Javelin per game.

Fog Machine – 7200 gold (1 available)
Summons the Dark Fog Environmental Condition. Things could always be worse, and that includes the fog.

Storm Stick – 6000 gold (1 available)
Summons the Squall Environmental Condition.

Fire Barrel - 3000 gold
Deploys a Fire Barrel directly behind your ship. The Fire Barrel is an Environmental Hazard. In between every Phase, the Fire Barrel will drift to another nearby coordinate.

Purified Water - 5000 gold
Remove all negative effects on your ship. If there are any Environmental Hazards at your coordinates, those Environmental Hazards are destroyed.

Spare Planks & Twine - 7500 gold (2 available)
???

Spyglass - 3000 gold
Privately see the details of any coordinate.

Purchasable Abilities:

Black Market - 11,000 gold
Once per Night Phase, you may PM the Game Maker to receive a random Item or sum of gold.

Cannon Salvo - 5000 gold (1 available)
You may only aquire this Ability if you discard an Ability that allows you to fire two times per day. You may now fire three times per day.

Heavy Hitter - 9,600 gold (1 available)
You may only shoot within a 4-coordinate radius of your ship. Your regular shot becomes Grapeshot.

Port Authority - 10,000 gold (1 available)
Once per Night Phase, you may target any player. You will receive detailed information about that player's ship.

Privatize - 4800 gold
Whenever you sink another ship, you salvage all its cargo.

Observer - 2000 gold (1 available)
You will be alerted by the Game Maker whenever someone targets you with an Ability.

Ricochet - 9000 gold
The hull of your ship becomes so tough, some shots against your ship have a small chance to just harmlessly bounce off of you.

Flavour does not provide instructions on how to use Abilities/Items - you will receive those instructions after making your purchase.

Last edited:

Mora

Don't Panic
Fog Of War Day 3

gridmap.png

This phase ends 11pm May 7th.

You may:
  • Shoot other players.
  • Shoot your teammates.
  • Choose to not shoot at all.
  • Trade Items and gold with other players but only in this thread.
You may not:
  • Move your ship (unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so).
  • Shoot more than once (unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so).
Notes:
  • Items are consumables (unless otherwise specified). You use it, it disappears from your inventory.
  • Commands must be posted in this thread unless an Ability or Item specifies otherwise.
  • You may not have more than two Abilities, 50k gold, or 10 Items at any given time.
Activity log:
??? used their Black Market Ability and received an Item.
??? used their Black Market Ability and received a sum of gold.
??? used their Tracking Ability.
??? used an Item and moved.
??? bought and used a Spyglass.
??? bought and used a Spyglass.
??? was dragged to new coordinates via Whirlpool
Mora used ##FIRE: M12. Dusk Form Lycanroc was hit!

Last edited:

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
The gulls are rumaging around the deck. As they can smell bounty and fish in the air their moves get more eratic and they are very highly motivated to shoot first today!

##FIRE:Q7

Mora

Don't Panic
The gulls are rumaging around the deck. As they can smell bounty and fish in the air their moves get more eratic and they are very highly motivated to shoot first today!

##FIRE:Q7

Let's go bird squad!
##FIRE MIDAS CANNONBALL: Q4
The early bird gets the worm, and Team 2 being the first to rise, fired in unison to destroy Lapras's wounded ship. The golden cannonball added for a flashy finish, turning the wreckage to solid gold, which only caused it to sink faster to its watery grave. Fortunately, the water was still Lapras's element, and having escaped the wreckage mostly unscathed, the plesiosaur simply swam off into the distance.
Username: Jadethepokemontrainer
Team: Team 3
Ship: Dragon (Size 4)
Ability 1: Strongboat – This ship is unaffected by Environmental Conditions and Hazards.
Ability 2: Firebreather – Whenever you hit another player’s ship, that player looses an Item at random from their inventory.
Gold: 11,500
Items:
Fire Barrel - Post “##USE FIRE BARREL” in the thread either Day or Night to use.
Deploys a Fire Barrel directly behind your ship. The Fire Barrel is an Environmental Hazard. In between every Phase, the Fire Barrel will drift to another nearby coordinate.

Sonar Blast - PM “##USE SONAR BLAST: coordinates” to me during the Day Phase to use. (The target coordinates must be one of your ship's coordinates.)
Sends waves of sound along one of the ranks and files your ship is on. You will be privately informed if any ships lie along those ranks or files and in which direction.

Current Coordinates: Q4, Q5, Q6, Q7 (Your ship is facing North.)
Current Damage: [X][X][X][X]

Grid Map

gridmap.png

Status
Not open for further replies.