Finished Fog of War III: TeamAqua Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Boat of Gulls doesn't need to lose time. Got many Fish to catch and Ice Cream to ste... borrow.
##DAYEND

Mora

Don't Panic
Victini had been waiting all day for that perfect moment to strike. It be simple, just wait fer everyone else to shoot, and when they hit something, ye'll know exactly where ta fire, and ye'll be one step closer to V I C T O R Y! The plan was solid, but alas, not a single shipmaster had managed to land any blows today, and his shot would be no exception.

As advertised, his shot landed harmlessly in the water with a plop.

Votes to end the current Day Phase:

1. NinjaPenguin
2. Celever
3. Blakers
4. bbninjas
5. The Last Shaymin
6. Jadethepokemontrainer
7. mirdo

Night 1 will begin at 9 votes, or at 11 pm GMT April 23rd, whichever comes first.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
*Ninetales exits the cabin, seemingly drowsy*

@bbninjas, have we arrived? ...Oh! We have company!
Well, yes, as my companion said, we are only in search of refuge – rumor tells of lands far from here, and seas much more, well, profitable than these.

(The bounties on our heads in the lands we flee didn't help, either.)

Anyhow, we were only planning to pass through, but it seems these seas are hostile. I'm looking for somewhere better, and I'm not afraid to take it by force.

##FIRE: B5

Mora

Don't Panic
*Ninetales exits the cabin, seemingly drowsy*

@bbninjas, have we arrived? ...Oh! We have company!
Well, yes, as my companion said, we are only in search of refuge – rumor tells of lands far from here, and seas much more, well, profitable than these.

(The bounties on our heads in the lands we flee didn't help, either.)

Anyhow, we were only planning to pass through, but it seems these seas are hostile. I'm looking for somewhere better, and I'm not afraid to take it by force.

##FIRE: B5

Ninetales, now alert to the sounds of battle, sprung into action and fired for B5! But all she heard a simple plop :( You guys are now 0/11.

Stay tuned for Night 1.

Mora

Don't Panic
Fog Of War Night 1

gridmap.png

This phase ends 11pm GMT April 25th.

Welp, every shot you guys fired missed. Congrats, you guys couldn’t hit the broadside of a ship’s—uhh, broadside. Which is why I’m letting you guys fire at night /for one night only/. At any point during the Night Phase, you may PM me your ##FIRE command. You may only fire once, and you can't use any special cannonballs. I’ll resolve all of the shots simultaneously at the beginning of the following Day Phase, after moving any ships. (Remember that you can only move your ship with the effect of an Item or Ability.) Let’s see if we can’t start tomorrow with a bang.

You may:
  • PM me with commands for Night-specific Abilities or Items.
  • PM me to purchase Items and Abilities from the Bazaar (See below)
  • Communicate with your team in your team’s conversation.
  • Trade Items or gold with players on your team in your team’s conversation. Both parties must agree, and you must also tag me in the trade.
You may not:
  • Post in this thread during the Night Phase.
  • Move your ship (unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so).

Bazaar

Items and Abilities are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis. I will post a log of purchases / commands at the end of the phase. This log will reveal which Items / Abilities were bought as well as any commands made during the Night Phase, but not by who. If you make any invalid commands, you will be informed promptly.

Items:

Bar Shot – 11,000 gold (3 available)
Wreaks havoc upon mast and sails. Any ship you hit with this command cannot use their Abilities until the beginning of the next Day Phase.

Corrosive Cannonball – 5000 gold
If this cannonball doesn't hit an Environmental Hazard, an Oil Slick spawns at that location.

Octillery Shell – 5000 gold
This cannonball is not affected by the target’s Items or Abilities. You may fire this cannonball anywhere on the map, even if you have an Ability that limits your range. (No Octillery were harmed in the manufacture of this Item.)

Fog Machine – 9000 gold (1 available)
Summons the Dark Fog Environmental Condition. Things could always be worse, and that includes the fog.

Storm Stick – 7500 gold (1 available)
Summons the Squall Environmental Condition.

Weather Sponge – 2500 gold (1 available)
Soaks up all the currently active Environmental Conditions. (Environmental Conditions have no effect on this Item.)

Sonar Blast – 4500 gold (2 available Sold out!)
Sends waves of sound along one of the ranks and files your ship is on. You will be privately informed if any ships lie along those ranks or files and in which direction.

Spiced Rum – 4000 gold (1 available Sold out!)
???

Spyglass - 3000
Privately see the details of any coordinate.

Purchasable Abilities:

Heavy Hitter – 12,000 gold (1 available)
You may only shoot within a 4-coordinate radius of your ship. Your regular shot becomes Grapeshot.

Philosopher's Cannonball – 15,000 gold (1 available)
Your ship generates 1000 gold per Day / Night Cycle. Your regular shot becomes Midas Cannonball.

Privatize – 6000 gold
Whenever you sink another ship, you salvage all its cargo.

Strongboat – 7500 gold
This ship is unaffected by Environmental Conditions and Hazards.

Wartime Inventory – 10,000 gold (2 available)
You may fire twice per Day Phase. You cannot store any Items or gold.

Flavour does not provide instructions on how to use Abilities/Items - you will receive those instructions after making your purchase.

Last edited:

Mora

Don't Panic
bbninjas used ##FIRE: S13. It hit water.
Celever used ##FIRE: C9. It hit water.
NinjaPenguin used ##FIRE: P3. It hit water.
The Last Shaymin used ##FIRE: D15. It hit water.
Jadethepokemontrainer used ##FIRE: J10. It hit an Oil Slick.
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK used ##FIRE: I12. It hit water.
Dusk Form Lycanroc used ##FIRE: E10. It hit water.
mirdo used ##Fire: M13. It hit water.
Blakers used ##FIRE: G16. It hit water.
Alfze used ##FIRE: L18. It hit water.
Ephemera used ##FIRE: B5. It hit water.

Mora

Don't Panic
Ahh, one more thing, sorry for quadruple posting :oops:

There are two Items referenced in the Abilities for sale, Midas Cannonball and Grapeshot. Neither of those Items are for sale (tonight anyway), so I figured I should probably give you the Item descriptions so that you can make informed decisions.

Grapeshot
A canvas bag of several regular cannonballs, this shot spreads out when fired for an area-of-effect. When this shot lands, there's a decent chance to damage the coordinates on either side of where the shot landed perpendicular to the direction the shot was fired.

Midas Cannonball
If this cannonball hits a ship, that ship gains 10k gold. If this cannonball hits water, a sunken treasure spawns at that location.

Again, these Items aren't for sale, this is just so you know what the Abilities do. Sorry about that!

Mora

Don't Panic
Fog Of War Day 2

gridmap.png

This phase ends 11pm April 30th.

You may:
  • Shoot other players.
  • Shoot your teammates.
  • Choose to not shoot at all.
  • Trade Items and gold with other players but only in this thread.
You may not:
  • Move your ship (unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so).
  • Shoot more than once (unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so).
Notes:
  • Items are consumables (unless otherwise specified). You use it, it disappears from your inventory.
  • Commands must be posted in this thread unless an Ability or Item specifies otherwise.
  • You may not have more than two Abilities, 50k gold, or 10 Items at any given time.
Activity log:
??? bought Sonar Blast.
??? used Black Market and received an Item.
??? bought Spiced Rum.
??? used Black Market and received a sum of gold.
??? bought Sonar Blast.
??? gave 5000 gold to their teammate.
??? gave 5000 gold to their teammate.
??? purchased Philosopher’s Cannonball and got rid of their Observer Ability.

??? used ##FIRE: J3. It hit water.
??? used ##FIRE: R12. It hit water.
??? used ##FIRE: L7. It hit water.
??? used ##FIRE: C2. It hit a Whirlpool.
??? used ##FIRE: H3. It hit water.
??? used ##FIRE: O8. It hit water.
??? used ##FIRE: B8. It hit water.
??? used ##FIRE: Q17. It hit a Coral Reef.
??? used ##Fire: C17. It hit water.

On deck, you scabrous dogs!!

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
This be getting intense, firing at night. I may have to employ the Seedot down below to operate the ship at night.
##FIRE: J9

Mora

Don't Panic
Firing at night? But we had a truce! thought Sceptile. Ain't that just like a pirate. What scoundrels!
This be getting intense, firing at night. I may have to employ the Seedot down below to operate the ship at night.
##FIRE: J9
Y'all are going to have to hit something soon! There's only so many different ways to say Yer shot missed n' hit water.

Grid Map

gridmap.png

Mora

Don't Panic
Day 2 at sea. This cursed fog still hasn't lifted. Cannon-fire all around. Still have yet to hit anyone. Beginning to wonder if there actually be any real ships in these waters, or if they all be ghost ships piloted by skeleton crews. That's what the rest of me men thinks. Puts a chill in our bones. Their morale's taken a turn for the worst, it has. Better quit writing in me diary--uhh, I mean the cap'ns log--and take me shot.
But Cramorant's crew hesitated. What's the point? they all thought. "Do it, ya scallywags! Or it's you we'll be loading into the cannons!" the captain bellowed. Yet sure enough, the solid chunk of cast-iron landed in the water with a disappointing plop.

Status
Not open for further replies.