'Rebel Clash' Theme Deck Lists!

Can't believe they included a Jirachi in each deck, I know they're metal decks, but that's quite something!

Made you look.

As THE exclusive theme deck player I will try these out but they dont look as awful as I thought they would be

As THE exclusive theme deck player I will try these out but they dont look as awful as I thought they would be

I believe Zamazenta have potential to be new meta, I originally tought both decks will not have impact due Charizard being still popular but with Corviknight 170hp, not fire weakness and able to endure 100 extra hit, its make Corviknight almost impossible to be one shoted and with 2 potions you can reduce even more the damage. With Duralodon, Metal saucer and even Ferrothorn that can hit a good number as well and can throw all energys to Corviknight if is about to die, dont think will be hard being able to use Corviknight -100 effect two consecutive turns

My main problem is 2 professor research and not a single ordinary rod, I can see so many games starting with Corviknights and Professor research as only support

On the bright side, looks like each includes 2 Metal Saucer and 2 Pokémon Catcher. You don't have the Trainer engine to guarantee you hit at least one Metal Saucer early game for crazy consistency... but it can provide a valuable boost later on. Pokémon Catcher isn't Boss's Orders... but its something, and a something that many other recent decks are lacking.

Oh sure, give the shill dog the better main attack. What do you get when you cross an overshadowed legendary with a card company that abandons it and treats it like trash?

these decks arent anything to brag about
the zacian deck is still better but with entei and charizard theme decks dominating the theme deck meta don't write home to grammy
she won't be impressed
2/5

Those decks* haven't been dominant in the Theme Format metagame of the PTCGO for a little while. Keep in mind, I speak as someone who thought they were until someone pointed out I wasn't paying attention (or playing enough XP).

Last I heard - and what little I've played over the last few months has confirmed - Towering Heights is the current top deck. It isn't impossible to beat, just really, really good. Rillaboom is also pretty good, and Relentless Flame is still pretty good. After that, there are another half-dozen or so decks that are still fairly good. I'm not expecting these to dethrone the current champs, but to expand on that last "fairly good" category.

*Note: This edit is to clarify that the "decks" I am referring to are Blazing Volcano and Relentless Flame. Both had good runs where they were dominant, and Relentless Flame is still one of the better Theme Format decks. Blazing Volcano might still be good as well, but I really liked that deck so it could be my personal bias. ;)

Last edited:
Ouch, these both look very undesirable. I do kinda like how one included Probopass, but I was hoping the other contained Scizor as a kind of parallel. Both Scizor and Probopass seemed like they could fit w/ either deck, so was wondering which one each would be included in.

If the Zacian deck includes the Evolution Roar Meowth, 3 copies of that card alone would make that deck worth it, but considering the track record for theme decks choosing a good version of a card when an inferior version simply exists, the chance of that is close to 0. They might also give us the wrong (abilityless) Perrseker just to add insult to injury, but the Steely Spirit one would fit the offensive theme of the deck, even if none of the other cards do.

Speaking of that kind of theme, shouldn't the Rebel Clash Aegislash be in the Zamazenta deck as a direct parallel to Perrserker? I guess Corviknight w/ its Iron Wings attack fits too, but only by itself. The Unfezant in the Zacian deck is also extremely out of place. What if its first attack boosted its next attack the following turn instead of taking less damage like sth you'd expect from a Zamazenta deck card?

If the Zacian deck includes the Evolution Roar Meowth, 3 copies of that card alone would make that deck worth it, but considering the track record for theme decks choosing a good version of a card when an inferior version simply exists, the chance of that is close to 0. They might also give us the wrong (abilityless) Perrseker just to add insult to injury, but the Steely Spirit one would fit the offensive theme of the deck, even if none of the other cards do.

It's the SWSH Meowth and the Rebel Clash Perrserker.

It's the SWSH Meowth and the Rebel Clash Perrserker.
Nooo, that's actually the worse possible combination of them...

Ok, the last potential saving grace would be if the coins looked way too cool to not add to my coin collection. There were no such coins in the SwSh base set. They were cute, but they didn't drive me to purchase any of them.

Back