Japan's March Set: 'Rebellion Crash,' Plus Toxtricity V, Charizard VMAX, Grimmsnarl VMAX!

Aaaaaaand FA Oleana goes straight into my binder.

The rainbow supporter experiment has been largely a failure, as their prizes fall exactly on the same level as the regular FA. I'm not sure they'll discontinue them any time soon, but they could increase the Expected Value by printing something people actually want instead.

Perrserker is extremely random and boy is it gonna be a bad pull. I am not against rares getting a golden card, but they could print a more collectible card instead.

And finally, no gold nugget. Boo.

nintales and falinks are the only good ones at least to me if you dont agree i respect that

Eldigoss looks good which I am happy about because I am pretty sure I will look at it a lot in the future.
Boss's Orders just looks bad, though.
What is the hand doing?

I'M LOVING THAT FULL ART FALINKS!!! All the full arts look good it seems!

Also I kinda thought they might be giving Perrserker it's own gold card. I was thinking if they kinda went off the promos from the Build & Battle prereleases when Frosmoth got it's gold card, then the only other option would've been the Perrserker to get a gold card. (They wouldn't do the starters so early so Rillaboom wasn't getting it, and Cinccino was from another generation so it wouldn't get it either)

Love that my golden, cutie Perrserker is represented :D

Also, can I just say I love the Malamar FA! Imo both of Eske's other Malarmar cards (EX and regular V) has been kinda eh (V was better than EX, but still), but this one looks really good!

No FA/RR Dan

No SR Cursed Shovel

NO Gold NUGGET!

True crimes have been committed here. Looks like I only need $1.50 in singles from this set

Eldigoss looks good which I am happy about because I am pretty sure I will look at it a lot in the future.
Boss's Orders just looks bad, though.
What is the hand doing?
All of the full art V cards look really good, excluding the Copperajah V, but yes, the Boss's Orders just broke his pointer finger.

I'm only sad because I thought that every main set in this era would have a Gold card of the set's mascot, while every subset would have a Gold card of a playable Pokemon from the previous set, but that gosh dang Perrserker debunked that theory ;_; I wanted my Gold Toxtricityyyyyyy

That aside, Dragapult FA and Falinks FA are my faves from this set easily <3 Milotic is gorgeous too

That's its GMAX form.
Nah, I mean in general. There's usually some reason. Something tied to the culture. I get why copper (sort of, it's not like India is a huge copper producer today, but maybe in the past), elephants, the portmanteau name (a word which itself is a kind of trunk/luggage), but I suspect the general blockyness of the evolved Cufant is meaningful somehow. It looks like construction equipment or mining machinery. Maybe that has something to do with it.

So far all I have is that Ganesha, son of Shiva is represented as having the head of an elephant. Idols of Ganesha are typically made of copper or bronze (not sure why yet). That ties in the copper better as well as the over all elephant form, but I still don't quite get the blockyness. Must have something to do with mining. The more I look at it, the more the VMax looks like one of those giant bucket wheeled strip mining machines. The V and stage 1, kind of like an excavator.

Last edited:
Holy moly that Ultra Necrozma is going to be broken with Galarian Weezing's inevitable Ability-blocking Ability

(Or ya know, in Expanded with Garbodor and DDE)

I think we all called this Galarian Weezing as soon as GalWeez's in-game ability got released, amirite?

Back