Zarude, the Rogue Monkey Pokemon, Revealed!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
MONKI

I know this is another one of those Mythicals they'll put in the spotlight for all of two minutes and then abandon forever like the last few, but man, I love Monkey Pokemon and I sure love this guy.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
1 U-Turn and this thing will die! Especially U-Turn is common to Fighting, Flying, and fast Pokemon like Greninja

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
At first when i looked at it, i thought it was ugly, i still sorta stand by that but im starting to like it more.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Oh my God this looks horrible. Doesn't even look special at all, just looks like a regular Pokemon they made during development and didn't want to drop it so they flipped the Mythical Switch.
Also,
>2 unrelated grass primates in the same gen

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Oh my God this looks horrible. Doesn't even look special at all, just looks like a regular Pokemon they made during development and didn't want to drop it so they flipped the Mythical Switch.
Also,
Darmanitan/Simisear >2 unrelated fire primates in the same gen
Swampert/Whiscash >2 unrelated water/ground fish in the same gen

Not the first time it's happened :p

Luplayz

And your point is?
the point is: its happened before, that means ya shouldnt be surprised that its happened before. to be fair, Zarude looks way different than a normal pokemon, you would hardly see a pitch black, feral looking monkey be available as a non mythical Pokemon

I can understand the point that 2 primates are in the same region, and both can be very unrelated to it, but the 2 pokemon are somewhat considered special pokemon

1. you can't find starters in the galar wilds
2. Zarude is a mythical Pokemon, which also can't be found in the galar wilds

it doesnt really matter if they are totally unrelated imo

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Also,

When you think about it. Almost every mystical Pokemon looks like a regular Pokemon. Just spruce it up a bit and slap the "mystical" logo on it and there you go lol
Hoops is probably the only exception to this because it's design is waaay too distinct to not be legendary

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
the point is: its happened before, that means ya shouldnt be surprised that its happened before
I'm not surprised as much as I am disappointed. I didn't like when they did it before, I don't like that they did it now. Just... they couldn't think of any other ideas?

Luplayz

I'm not surprised as much as I am disappointed. I didn't like when they did it before, I don't like that they did it now. Just... they couldn't think of any other ideas?

I mean, a mythical Pokemon to me, is still a mythical Pokemon.

It means something more than the usual pokemon, i feel they spent a bit of time thinking of it but im not really sure.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
This made me think of something:

Have they ever made a Mythical NORMAL type?

They should make something simple--like Luvdisc simple, with an unassuming look on its face.

Totally NORMAL, unassuming--we call it "Bob". And it can say SOME English, like Meowth, but less impressive.

"Hey Bob"

"Hey guys."

"Hows it going?"

"...I guess..."

Scoop

Literally a sheep
This made me think of something:

Have they ever made a Mythical NORMAL type?

They should make something simple--like Luvdisc simple, with an unassuming look on its face.

Totally NORMAL, unassuming--we call it "Bob". And it can say SOME English, like Meowth, but less impressive.

"Hey Bob"

"Hey guys."

"Hows it going?"

"...I guess..."
Arceus and Meloetta are both Normal types though they also had their gimmicks with type changing/Meloetta also being part Psych/Fighting. Your idea reminds me though, I always wondered why they haven't yet done a Ghost/Normal Pokemon. I always imagined it'd be the typical ghost under a sheet type of deal. Totally plain but you could really do something with it.