'Cosmic Eclipse,' November's English Set!

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
No just the colourless to use the attack recall and it acts as any attack of its previous evolutions doing there effect. It was in the prerelease kits and is a pretty fun card to use

Could be a fun rogue deck then with Draw Energy or even Recycle Energy.

Otaku

The wise fool?
You underestimate the power of the tide side

You got greedy. All you had to say was:

You underestimate the power of the dark tide.

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to these Theme Decks, hoping one or both can topple Relentless Flames as the top Theme Format deck on the PTCGO... but also hoping they don't leave too many other decks behind as well. XP

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer

You got greedy. All you had to say was:

You underestimate the power of the dark tide.

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to these Theme Decks, hoping one or both can topple Relentless Flames as the top Theme Format deck on the PTCGO... but also hoping they don't leave too many other decks behind as well. XP
But Relentless Flames isn't the de facto best...I've always thought Blastoise Team Up was the best, with Relentless Flames and Charizard Team Up right up there with it.

The Fish

0.o
But Relentless Flames isn't the de facto best...I've always thought Blastoise Team Up was the best, with Relentless Flames and Charizard Team Up right up there with it.

It is the best currently, though both of the unified minds decks come close. Blastoise is slower and though pigeotto is great, rapidash can spam agility to stall for ridiculous numbers of turns, and charizard himself can hit for 130 WITHOUT ANY manual energy attachment, making it very fast once you set him up. Nidoqueen, though slow, has a game changing ability and hits insane numbers if properly set up. Charizard can also 1 shot anything in the format VERY easily, blastoise cannot. Plus golduck isnt very good.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
I really liked that deck,but I like Empoleon and Garchomp's more

Otaku

The wise fool?

"Charizard Team Up" is Relentless Flame. Are you thinking of Blazing Volcano, the Blaziken/Entei-focused deck from SM - Lost Thunder? Which is my preferred deck of the two, but even I had to grudgingly admit that Relentless Flame was better for grinding in the Theme Format (if not for winning in the Theme Format).

Though I do not think Torrential Cannon (Blastoise Team Up) is a good deck, either. I actually favor Imperial Command to it, though Unseen Depths (the new Cosmic Eclipse [W] Theme Deck) probably beats out both if my early, tiny bit of testing isn't totally misleading. Blastoise is a great attacker with a great Ability... but everything else in the deck is narrow focus technical attackers. Which still would have been okay except Blastoise damages itself when it attacks, making it go down even more quickly.

Edit: Just to remind me how easy it is to mess up these deck names, I originally said "Hidden Depths" instead of "Unseen Depths". XP

Last edited:

Kydfobi

Aspiring Trainer
It is the best currently, though both of the unified minds decks come close. Blastoise is slower and though pigeotto is great, rapidash can spam agility to stall for ridiculous numbers of turns, and charizard himself can hit for 130 WITHOUT ANY manual energy attachment, making it very fast once you set him up. Nidoqueen, though slow, has a game changing ability and hits insane numbers if properly set up. Charizard can also 1 shot anything in the format VERY easily, blastoise cannot. Plus golduck isnt very good.

No way. Blazing Volcano routinely shreds all decks if you know how to use it. It’s the only deck w/ mccargo and guzma. Which essentially means at any time I can blow up an opponent’s plan. Whether it killing Nidorina/Nidoqueen or switching out the Rapidash agility effect, it’s unbeatable. I have about a 75% win percentage because I control what card comes next, plus Blaziken put an extra energy on with its ability. Couple with two kukui and two rescue stretchers (4 entei or 3 Heracross vs water decks) and a malasada. The strategy is limitless.

The Fish

0.o
No way. Blazing Volcano routinely shreds all decks if you know how to use it. It’s the only deck w/ mccargo and guzma. Which essentially means at any time I can blow up an opponent’s plan. Whether it killing Nidorina/Nidoqueen or switching out the Rapidash agility effect, it’s unbeatable. I have about a 75% win percentage because I control what card comes next, plus Blaziken put an extra energy on with its ability. Couple with two kukui and two rescue stretchers (4 entei or 3 Heracross vs water decks) and a malasada. The strategy is limitless.

I guess so. Most theme decks are nuts if the setup works in their favour. If you get stuck with no draw supporter, it doesn't matter what deck you play, you'll lose. Also, the new Kyogre will hopefully counter Blazing Volcano because of Aipom's ability and the type advantage. I'm tired of seeing nothing but fire even in the theme deck meta.

Kydfobi

Aspiring Trainer
I guess so. Most theme decks are nuts if the setup works in their favour. If you get stuck with no draw supporter, it doesn't matter what deck you play, you'll lose. Also, the new Kyogre will hopefully counter Blazing Volcano because of Aipom's ability and the type advantage. I'm tired of seeing nothing but fire even in the theme deck meta.

That’s why I like mccargo. In every other deck, you draw cards hoping to get one that you can use. At worst, I’ll get houndoom and setup my hand until I can do 130 damage.

Otaku

The wise fool?

I am quite fond of Blazing Volcano, but when it comes to grinding on the PTCGO, Relentless Flame is (or at least, was) better. I just checked: with Blazing Volcano I am currently at 130 wins out of 195 games, which means I've won two out of every three games I've played with it (66.7%, rounding up). The thing is, I don't have my win record pre-Team Up, but what I believe happened is I began losing more often with Blazing Volcano, because of the Relentless Flame matchup. For the record, facing off against Torrential Cannon wasn't that bad.

Blazing Volcano has one Guzma and one Magcargo. They are incredibly valuable to the deck, but the more you play the more you should encounter games where they just don't show up, or at least not at the right time. Which is an issue versus Relentless Flame because of its nature; just as Blazing Volcano can sometimes mount a good offense via Houndoom or even Blaziken itself, Relentless Flame can punish you with Rapidash or Nidoqueen, not just Charizard. The difference is newer decks seem to be good at keeping their hand sizes up, especially if they see Houndoom coming. For better or worse, Rapidash is about coin flips. XP

I'd be happy is I could honestly say Blazing Volcano was the best, or still is the best, but I can't. For the record, I'm actually pretty poor with Relentless Flame myself; it is facing it that I've had to admit how good a deck it is!