New Pokemon Officially Announced, But It's a Glitched Image!

fleshrum

Cephalophore
If competitive players do make 1% of the purchases,

"If we assume the thing I said was true is in fact true, then I was right all along!"

Number of copies of S&M sold: 16 million.
Peak viewership of VG championship on Twitch: 14 thousand.
(btw TCG got a slightly higher peak, which does make me smile)

That means roughly 0,000875% of all players watched the finals. If competitive players do make 1% of the purchases, then less than 10% watched the finals.
Even though this is all far from scientific, Pokemon is mainly a kids' game. It'd be a significant stretch to say that people interested in competitive "crossing fingers for a random Crit" are more than a blip in the sea of casual players buying Pokemon for the single-player.

You said 99% of players aren't interested in the random coinflip VGC gameplay. You demonstrated that 99% of the quantity of people who purchased sun and moon (which is not the current game) watched the VGC World Championships.

Thanks for trying!

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
Midnight said:
… but im astonished that he has only fighting type not flying/fighting
Someone finally mentioned it up: How could Normal/Flying become a pure Fihhting? It even has a clearly visible wings, although it uses 'em as so-called “hands” to hold his Sword and Shield

I'm a bit sad, when you realize, that the ONLY one Pokémon from Gen I that wasn't in ANY relationship with antyhing else get a new evolution and there're still more non-gen I Pokémon without any evo...

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Someone finally mentioned it up: How could Normal/Flying become a pure Fihhting? It even has a clearly visible wings, although it uses 'em as so-called “hands” to hold his Sword and Shield

I'm a bit sad, when you realize, that the ONLY one Pokémon from Gen I that wasn't in ANY relationship with antyhing else get a new evolution and there're still more non-gen I Pokémon without any evo...

Lapras? Pinsir? Aerodactyl?

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
"If we assume the thing I said was true is in fact true, then I was right all along!"
Did you even try to read that paragraph correctly, or did you give up halfway?

" You said 99% of players aren't interested in the random coinflip VGC gameplay. You demonstrated that 99% of the quantity of people who purchased sun and moon (which is not the current game) watched the VGC World Championships.

Thanks for trying!
True, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon only sold 8.3 million copies. You're almost there, at the 0.01% mark!
You have no statistics to prove otherwise, but I've used the next best thing. Somehow people who bought Sun & Moon aren't "players" in your mind? But thanks for being passive-aggressive when proven wrong!

Secret Agent Seal

Aspiring Trainer
The Gen 4 cross-gens varied a LOT in BST gain. Yanma-Yanmega was a 125-point gain for example, and Dusclops-Dusknoir was 70. They're more commonly around the 120ish mark, though. That being said, I don't think they treat cross-gen Pokemon any differently statwise to any other Pokemon. If previous cross-gens are an indicator, though, it'll probably hit around 520ish BST, since Farfetch'd's Gen 7 BST is pretty close to Nosepass's, and Probopass is 525.

Regardless, there's too many unknowns to know for sure either way. Aside from Farfetch'd's movepool (which does include a few good moves like Leaf Blade and First Impression that are fairly unique), we have no real indicators as to how good Sirfetch'd could be. It's also worth pointing out that we don't know Sirfetch'd's Hidden Ability, and Farfetch'd gets Defiant, which is a very good ability.

True that. I think Misdreavus got a boost as low as +60 BST. I'm hoping that Sirfetch'd gets bumped up to 500 BST or higher. I'm also thinking that a Speed drop is quite possible (given how slow everything was in gen 7), so they could maybe re-purpose that into Attack / Defence.

My speculation is that Sirfetch'd is probably going to be fine for in-game use. In competitive singles (which is all I really care about TBH) it will have a lot of competition from the likes of Conkeldurr as a slow wall breaker. If we assume it gets base 130 Attack (seems reasonable) and Cross Chop, it could do a lot of damage with Stick. I got bored so I decided to run some hypothetical calcs for fun:

252+ Atk Machamp Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory on a critical hit: 153-181 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Machamp Cross Chop vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna on a critical hit: 240-283 (66.1 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Machamp Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn on a critical hit: 420-494 (119.3 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Machamp Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian on a critical hit: 176-208 (55.1 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Machamp Leaf Blade vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor on a critical hit: 135-159 (38.3 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
252+ Atk Machamp Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Rotom-Wash on a critical hit: 234-276 (76.9 - 90.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Machamp Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tornadus-Therian on a critical hit: 151-178 (41.7 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Machamp Night Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona on a critical hit: 179-211 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Machamp Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Reuniclus on a critical hit: 228-270 (53.7 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Machamp First Impression vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam-Mega: 306-360 (121.9 - 143.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Machamp First Impression vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 298-352 (104.5 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not bad. First Impression in particular seems nice, I didn't realise how badly OU wanted Bug priority. Gliscor can't Roost on you so Sirfetch'd would win. And if it keeps Defiant, then Lando-T would obviously be murdered.

Ah I kind of like this to be honest, we don't often get evolutions which completely switch up the typing. In this context it makes sense: It becomes a fighter whose gear is far too heavy to fly with (it's now like +200 lbs but still the same height). I didn't like the design too much originally, but I think it's growing on me. It's a neat direction to take Farfetch'd.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Did you even try to read that paragraph correctly, or did you give up halfway?
The relevant section is quoted above.

True, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon only sold 8.3 million copies. You're almost there, at the 0.01% mark!
You have no statistics to prove otherwise, but I've used the next best thing. Somehow people who bought Sun & Moon aren't "players" in your mind? But thanks for being passive-aggressive when proven wrong!

Saying you're right doesn't make you right. You've assumed I am arguing the opposite. I'm not. You said I think Sun & Moon owners are not players. I never said that. Your math was and is flawed... and you've reduced the percentage even though you added copies sold. As though copies sold are an indication of how many VGC players there are or aren't? Ok.

I take a passive aggressive stance with anyone who doesn't argue in good faith--its more than they deserve, no matter how trivial the topic.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
The relevant section is quoted above.
You might have not got the hint, so I'll spell it out for you - 1% is your best case. If we assume your best case, the numbers become wildly improbable.

Saying you're right doesn't make you right. You've assumed I am arguing the opposite. I'm not. You said I think Sun & Moon owners are not players. I never said that. Your math was and is flawed... and you've reduced the percentage even though you added copies sold. As though copies sold are an indication of how many VGC players there are or aren't? Ok.
Yes, I've assumed you had an argument. Maybe I was mistaken.
"you've reduced the percentage even though you added copies sold" - I did not add anything. The VGC was played on Ultra SM and I've used that number instead. As such, the percentage has increased. If I'd add copies, the percentage would decrease (more copies sold against the same number of Pokemon Championship viewers). I think you should get a grasp of that before calling out "flawed math".
Just to amuse you, I used the latest number (ORAS at 14 million, which puts the 1% mark at 14000). I am yet to find any VGC-related number that comes even close.

I take a passive aggressive stance with anyone who doesn't argue in good faith--its more than they deserve, no matter how trivial the topic.
I'd take a constructive stance over a passive-aggressive stance any day of the week.
kozak993@