Help Water Energy Acceleration

judda94

Aspiring Trainer
I have been looking at the new Blastoise & Piplup TTGC thats coming soon and I like it. I have looked at cards for water energy acceleration but have found none. Once the first Blastoise & Piplup is set us you should be fine to get other set up but the first one could be tricky.

Anyone got any strategies for this kind of deck?

Quagsire from Dragon Majesty and Nagandel from Lost Thunder is what I'm thinking. Blastoise from Team Up might also work but its kind of awkard with it being a stage 2.

I don't like Crasher Wake unfortunately... I made my son a Blastoise deck and cut all but one out of the deck, as it was just not a consistency-improving card. Too few games was it in hand at the point early in the game that it was needed, and too often it was in hand later on when I didn't want it anymore. With Lele gone early turn supporters that have little value in late game are just not as useful anymore, unless you play Jirachi.

Welder and rainbow brush, with giant hearth to find your handful of fire while ideally drawing into a water to attach for turn, and you might get it going on turn 1. There's also abomasnow, but naganadel plus e switch is a more searchable method. Once he's up you only need to keep him alive and you have all the acceleration you need, so I think a stage 2 or 2 stage 1s is too much. Even if you have to attach to itself to heal, you can tag switch energy to a second one.

EDIT Come to think of it, any stage 1 is too much, just use kyogre from remix bout if rainbow brush combo didn't work.

Last edited:
Just thought of another turn 1 option, rayquaza gx plus e-switch. You'd need 2 rays down and two switches, but "two prize liability" is meaningless in a tag team meta.

Back