'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

GalaxyNinja45

Aspiring Trainer
HIPPIE DRAGON POGCHAMP
Also the Cynthia & Caitlyn is completely out of left field, can't wait to see what it does
Volcarona GX looks edgy as heck

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Volcarona?! Nice! One of the best Gen 5's finally got something good! Mega Lopunny is cool too (even though lowkey, more excited for the Puff over Lopunny itself). I'm excited to see the tag team trainer full arts though. Those could end up being good.

EDIT: Lopunny+Puff could be good in Archie's Blastoise possibly?? Interested to see where this card goes.

Last edited:

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Drampa: 67
First Colorless card in the set: 73

Looking almost certain that the Jangmo-o line is gonna be in this set, with two Jangmo-o cards because it's a three-stage evolution line as per tradition in the main SM sets. The only other Dragon Pokemon after Drampa in the National Dex are Guzzlord and Naganadel.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Also a cool thing to note-

With this, the Igglybuff Tag Team and the Wigglytuff GX, we now have the entire Puff line available in GX form. I might be biased since I main Puff in Melee (I know, sue me) and I love the Pokemon, but that's pretty cool if you ask me.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Another observation: Armaldo's presence mean it's extremely likely we'll get Lileep and Cradily for the first time since Plasma Blast. They've yet to have just one fossil line in a set in Gen 7.

Ultra Prism: Cranidos and Shieldon
Forbidden Light: Amaura and Tyrunt
Team Up: Aerodactyl, Kabuto and Omanyte
Unified Minds: Archen and Tirtouga
Cosmic Eclipse: Anorith (so far)

kingofgloom

Aspiring Trainer
Volcarona's ability may be: discard a fire energy from your hand, place 2 damage counters on one of your opponent's pokemon

Attack: Return 2 fire energy from this pokemon to your hand

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
9 Tag Team GXs in COE
  • Venusaur & Snivy
  • Charizard & Braixen
  • Blastoise & Piplup
  • Solgaleo & Lunala
  • Reshiram & Zekrom
  • Arceus & Dialga & Palkia
  • Togepi & Cleffa & Igglybuff
  • Mega Lopunny & Jigglypuff
  • Dusknoir & Trevenant??
7 GXs
  • Alolan Persian
  • Vileplume
  • Silvally
  • Volcarona
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Trivia on why Cynthia & Caitlin

Back on the BW anime aka the Worst Pokemon Series in the anime, there was a competition in Unova where Ash and Friends were competing. In that arc, we see the return of Dawn and her Piplup and the debut of Cameron who smacks Ash in the Unova League. One of the battles in the tournament was Cynthia vs Caitlin. And as a Sidenote, Cynthia and Caitlin were from Sinnoh

arulz

THE SEEKER
that volcarona is the coolest looking card I have seen...perhaps ever. Amazing. One of my favourite pokemon finally done justice~

if it is playable, it will just be the absolute icing on the cake.

Xochitlwaki

Aspiring Trainer
That Alolan Ninetales promo omo. I need it. I wish Armaldo was better, but here's hoping for Cradily (if it comes)!

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Those tag team trainers arts are so lazy, in the name of God, WHY.

I could have used them in my decks but I won't bother because I will have to see this Photoshop abomination -no, not even that, Paint abomination- every time I play them.

I pray the playable ones get a cool FA version. They are the ugliest cards I have ever seen.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
9 Tag Team GXs in COE
  • Venusaur & Snivy
  • Charizard & Braixen
  • Blastoise & Piplup
  • Solgaleo & Lunala
  • Reshiram & Zekrom
  • Arceus & Dialga & Palkia
  • Togepi & Cleffa & Igglybuff
  • Mega Lopunny & Jigglypuff
  • Dusknoir & Trevenant??
7 GXs
  • Alolan Persian
  • Vileplume
  • Silvally
  • Volcarona
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
The ninth Tag Team for Cosmic Eclipse should be Naganadel & Guzzlord. My current list is assuming that the Carracosta-GX gym promo will be in our set as well, so that would leave two unknown regular GXs

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Volcarona GX - The ability nice. Softening the opponent for a KO. The atks are unimpressive except the fact that the main atk KOs Dedenne and most non-GXs. 4 Geodudes
  • Lunala - the ability doesn't include the GX. Solgaleo and Solgaleo-GX are different names. If we have a good Solgaleo, Lunala's ability will help. Plus, its a stage 2 which makes it a bit awkward. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Armaldo - In order to do more dmg, we need to rely on Pokemon Reasearch Lab. Not good. If we got 4 Unidentified Fossils in the discard, that's 220. KOs most GXs despite some that hits for weakness. Plus Diancie*, 240 KOs Pikarom ignoring the weakness thingy. Plus, if you're behind on prizes and you have basic F, 280 KO Tag Teams ignoring again, weakness. The problem is.. its reliance to Pokemon Research Lab which ends most of your turns plus the loss of Timer Ball, plus the fact that its a Stage 2 in nature lets it down. Plus, again the fact of the DCE loss. Ok, I'll stop. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Mawile - Meh. We got something better. 2 Geodudes
  • Drampa - MEEEEEEEHHHH!!! 1-2 Geodudes
  • Alolan Ninetales - you don't do too much damage. Like Rotom, you have to play more tools. Hence, this and Rotom make a good pair. We don't have CB tho. 3 Geodudes
  • Mega Lopunny & Jigglypuff TTGX - Welder is broken once more. Their atk costs is payable by Welder. Snipe 200 for 5 as its GX atk, I'm fine. 4 Geodudes
  • Tag Whistle - Better Pokemon Search and Tag Team cards. 4 Geodudes
  • Island Tour License - used for Prize Denials? 3 Geodudes. This thing is very questionable.
  • Cynthia & Caitlin - Built-in VS Seeker with some bunch of draw power. Nice! 5 Geodudes.
  • Red & Blue - After the Worlds, I don't see any GXs being playable and good. Dragonite and Magcargo r being used as discard fodder for MooMoo. If we ever get that, we got Red & Blue. 4 Geodudes
I'll update my set list soon. Just wait.