'Cosmic Eclipse,' November's English Set!

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Those are actually necrozma's forms and they have their own cards, both their gx got out in ultra prism

He's talking about Solgaleo and Lunala's appearances when they enter Ultra Space/use their signature attacks, not Dawn Wings/Dusk Mane.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Nice little detail that the colors on Cosmic Eclipse are switched from Sun and Moon's logo. It's like we're at the end of a long long day that is the sun and moon era.

The Logo looks very nice
but I am sad that this is the last Sun and Moon Set.
I'm pretty relieved honestly. At least, as long as SwSh's tcg is an improvement to the sun and moon one. I've been waiting for a bit of a switch to the formula, especially with the style of ultra rares. Tag Teams were a step in the right direction though, I'll miss those if they get rid of them.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I have a feeling that the Blue is going to be like the evolutions ETBs. It's gonna be a really nice color scheme to finish the Sun and Moon block off.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Nice little detail that the colors on Cosmic Eclipse are switched from Sun and Moon's logo. It's like we're at the end of a long long day that is the sun and moon era.

I'm pretty relieved honestly. At least, as long as SwSh's tcg is an improvement to the sun and moon one. I've been waiting for a bit of a switch to the formula, especially with the style of ultra rares. Tag Teams were a step in the right direction though, I'll miss those if they get rid of them.
The fact that all they did with the full arts and hyper rares is slap a colored background on it was quite depressing in my opinion. The Secret rare stadiums though were quite a nice addition.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I would say I'm excited that SM is ending but Swish's TCG will probably be a similar repackaging of the same 80 ultra rares per set. lol We've only gone up in chase cards since Gen 5 began.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Sun & Moon was a cool era. When the first Tag Teams were announced I was actually pretty against them, but seeing them in action I actually grew to like them.

I hope Tag Teams get some love for a few more sets, partially because Tag Teams have brought some of the best art I've ever seen in the TCG. In fact, I'd be completely okay if they decided to just not move on from GX, but I really don't think that'll be the case based on the TCG's history.

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
I'm honestly glad this will probably be the last SM set. It was a very good era and made some very good memories (and some bad ones too), but at this point I'm getting tired of the same stuff every single set. I'm getting more and more excited for the Sword Shield era as the new Pokémon are revealed. I'm thinking they will make Dynamax (maybe DX?) the ultra rares for SS. Hopefully they will improve the ultra rares and especially SRs and RRs.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Do you think we will get 2 ETBs like evolutions, SM base and ultra prism?
I mean i don't see why not since it is the last set in the SM block.
I also hope that TPCI Will lower the ultra rare count and overall card count in each set as it is a nightmare trying to pull anything.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
The fact that all they did with the full arts and hyper rares is slap a colored background on it was quite depressing in my opinion. The Secret rare stadiums though were quite a nice addition.
SR Stadiums would have been nicer if they weren't covered in gold borders. I love the idea, but they just kinda looked cheap. Something more like Parallel City would be PERFECT for a Full Art stadium.

I would say I'm excited that SM is ending but Swish's TCG will probably be a similar repackaging of the same 80 ultra rares per set. lol We've only gone up in chase cards since Gen 5 began.
Honestly, if we went back to the amount of chase cards in Gen 5, without the horrible pull rates, I'd be fine with it. Even gen 6, since at least those sets felt DOABLE. Plus, I think the sheer amount of ultras that they have to do took a huge hit on the quality of ultra rares, pre-Tag Team era. Compare any full art GX to the full arts from Black and White. It's night and day.

Less is more. And more relief to my wallet, let's be honest.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I don't mind regular SM full arts (probably a hot take? but I really like the uniform type-related solid backgrounds, although not enough to keep it around forever), but the rainbow rares are ugly and gotta go. Very few people actually prefer them over the non-rainbow versions divorced from them having more "rarity" or "value." I don't even like them and I'm walking rainbow vomit myself.

Quilnation

Aspiring Trainer
Absolutely my favorite of the s&m era, hopefully the set will live up to it's expectations so we can end on a high note

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I don't mind regular SM full arts (probably a hot take? but I really like the uniform type-related solid backgrounds, although not enough to keep it around forever), but the rainbow rares are ugly and gotta go. Very few people actually prefer them over the non-rainbow versions divorced from them having more "rarity" or "value." I don't even like them and I'm walking rainbow vomit myself.
The uniformity is actually something I appreciate about them, even if sometimes I prefer the detailed backgrounds. Once I start really collecting sun and moon (I've only really bought the non-rainbow charizards and whatever I pull from the rare times I open packs, amiibo and finishing up older sets is my jam right now), I plan on ordering the full arts by type in order of release, just as I did with the RA EX cards.

My only complaint is that some of the renders of the Pokemon themselves can be hit-or-miss (I much prefer say, Charizard EX's full art to the GX in terms of the model), but there's some like Buzzmosa, regular Buzz, or the new Celesteela that are really fantastic. The way the light shines on them is quite appealing as well, on top of a solid foil pattern that I quite like makes for a pretty decent ultra rare.

I'm sure you and I both know that we agree that RRs have to go. Sure it was fun the first time I got one, but now I don't even put mine that I've pulled in a binder, I just topload them and stick them in a box because I'd rather use that room for something way more appealing.

If they just did it for, say, the Necrozma forms (because prisms and all), it'd be fine. A cool little niche ultra, like the gold Reshiram and Zekrom, or the silver dialga. But for EVERYTHING? It honestly saddens me that they created something out of a main set I don't want to collect. I'm a super completionist, so that's saying something if something is that unappealing.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I too am a super completionist and I've completed every SM set through Dragon Majesty, including the rainbow rares. Which makes it doubly confusing to me that PCL thinks that pages and pages of this

JX0ffYz.jpg

are appealing to any collector. Like yes, such glitter, very prism implosion, wow. It's busy and the cards don't even look that great unless you literally flash mob them, but then all the colors are going in 20 different directions and it justs look like glitter puke.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Sun & Moon was a cool era. When the first Tag Teams were announced I was actually pretty against them, but seeing them in action I actually grew to like them.

I hope Tag Teams get some love for a few more sets, partially because Tag Teams have brought some of the best art I've ever seen in the TCG. In fact, I'd be completely okay if they decided to just not move on from GX, but I really don't think that'll be the case based on the TCG's history.

Yeah. I think we'll either get DX cards or DYNAMAX cards. Besides, being limited to two moves and a one-time use move is not something any gane should have for long