PokeBeach’s May 2019 PTCGO Tournament, Sponsored by TCGplayer.com!

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
@JumpluffTCG wins 2-1 vs @Sough

Easily the craziest game I've ever played on PokeBeach. Craziest game I've ever played in a Bo3 setting for that matter. The match ended up being very intricate, Dedenne GX attacked, and the series ended in a double KO. Thanks so much for the games. I wish they were recorded somehow. Hope I get to play you again in the future!

JGB146

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
In the interest of letting people play T8 matches before NAIC, I am going to go ahead and rule here. Anyone in T8 (even those who moved on to T4 after already playing their matches) can send me an updated decklist. It doesn't matter if you are effected directly by the bugs or not; the meta changes a bit due to the bugs, so you are free to account for that fact. You can change zero cards, or you can change as many as 60 cards, but if you change one then you must send me the updated list prior to playing with it in a match.

Kalnhobbs

Aspiring Trainer
@Kalnhobbs wins 2-0 against @lukas2aces

Very bad matchup for my opponent, not helped by perfect T1 setup by me each game. Regardless, game 1 was intense and came down to the last turn for me or game loss.

Thank you for the games and waking up early to accomodate my availability halfway around the world. It is great chatting with you and GL in the future.

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
@Kalnhobbs wins 2-0 against @lukas2aces

Very bad matchup for my opponent, not helped by perfect T1 setup by me each game. Regardless, game 1 was intense and came down to the last turn for me or game loss.

Thank you for the games and waking up early to accomodate my availability halfway around the world. It is great chatting with you and GL in the future.

Yep. I played you in round 2 and won, I liked that deck better, lol. Although that wouldn't have been a auto-win for me either, but my chances would have been better against that deck.

Well played, I could have chosen some other cards or techs, with another tech I would have won game 1, but I think I would still have lost 1-2 then anyway. Good luck in finals!

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
T4

@JumpluffTCG wins 2-1 vs @Jswoop22

Sorry that all three games were admittedly a little rough. Whoever went first seemed to just run off with the momentum. Thanks for the quick turnaround in terms of scheduling our match after it was asked about.

Kalnhobbs

Aspiring Trainer
Finals

@Kalnhobbs wins 2-1 vs @JumpluffTCG

Super unfortunate prizing for my opponent G3 otherwise it was honesty a toss up of a match. Not being able to bump black market gave me time to find cards to secure the win.

Regardless, thank you for the games. Sorry I had to jet out of our conversation at the end - was really enjoying it until my wife yelled from downstairs that I was gonna be late for another commitment. Hope we can play again in the future to continue! :)

Also, big thank you @JGB146 for a well run tournament. Looking forward to what you have in store for us with PBs ending this month.

Kalnhobbs

Aspiring Trainer
Congrats @Kalnhobbs for your win !
What decks did you play during the rounds, and then in the topcut ?

Congrats to @JumpluffTCG for another great run this month, once again !

Thank you!

I played ZapBeasts to make cut, utilizing a 2 count of Spiritomb (early building spite pressure) and BuzzMosa GX. When beast energy was banned, I decided to go with Spiritomb Umbreon because the tombs were often the MVPs in a lot of my Swiss matches, and iirc Grant Manley had done really well with it at the SPE the weekend of when cut started. It had bad matchups to Zapdos, but I figured with that deck being neutered on PTCGO anyone playing it would be switching like me.