Discussion RIP Megas :(

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Since Megas are going into retirement, that means if the last few Megas never get cards until the end of this Generation, they won't ever get them!

This sucks because I really want to see Mega Banette and Mega Pinsir artwork!

Megas got retired with Sun and Moon...

Yes, but if they were made important once more in sword & shield, perhaps they'd have returned. With them being confirmed to not even be in the game that surely means there's zero chance of them returning.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Tag Team containing either of them, sadly. Too bad, because M-Bannette could have gone with Gengar or Mimikyu, and a buggy Tag Team featuring M-Pinsir and Yanmega or Vikavolt or even something like Butterfree would have been super cool!

I'm someone who loves "complete sets" and I hate it when they leave out members of a trio or something, but the folks up at PCL really don't seem to mind at all because they do it all the time. The horror!

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Tag Team containing either of them, sadly. Too bad, because M-Bannette could have gone with Gengar or Mimikyu, and a buggy Tag Team featuring M-Pinsir and Yanmega or Vikavolt or even something like Butterfree would have been super cool!

I'm someone who loves "complete sets" and I hate it when they leave out members of a trio or something, but the folks up at PCL really don't seem to mind at all because they do it all the time. The horror!
IKR. :/ They still haven't made any cards for Quilladin or Chessnaught after making one for Chespin.

On one hand, I never cared for the Mega Evolution mechanic as a base concept.

On the other hand, I too dislike leaving things "unfinished". Could be worse, though; you realize how many BREAK Evolutions we never received? o_O

On one hand, I never cared for the Mega Evolution mechanic as a base concept.

On the other hand, I too dislike leaving things "unfinished". Could be worse, though; you realize how many BREAK Evolutions we never received? o_O
Or even worse... how many Dynamax forms we don't get because they're only around for one Generation.

When have any of the chase card gimmicks of a given generation ever reached every single Pokemon though? There's a big difference between that and not ever featuring like 6 of all 55ish Mega Pokemon in the TCG. lol

When have any of the chase card gimmicks of a given generation ever reached every single Pokemon though? There's a big difference between that and not ever featuring like 6 of all 55ish Mega Pokemon in the TCG. lol
It's 50 Megas in the TCG, including Primal Groudon and Kyogre.

Or even worse... how many Dynamax forms we don't get because they're only around for one Generation.

Yeah, but the answer to that is easy; don't make any Dynamax forms. The TCG is based on the video games, but the-powers-that-be need to remember the TCG cannot operate like the video game. There are numerous things they had to change because of it, and more's the pity they didn't realize other things needed to be different as well, like how you get a Level 5 Starter Pokémon in the video games and that is okay, because you (usually) cannot rush out and confront much stronger wild Pokémon or Trainers. In the TCG, however, your unevolved "Starter" may be facing the equivalent of a Level 100 Legendary. @_@ So why not "front load" HP scores e.g. if Charizard is supposed to have 150 HP, let Charmander have 100 and Charmeleon like 120.

However , the other option is just to incorporate Dynamax in a super-simple manner. Imagine if "Dynamax" was just a Prism Star - I know Prism Star cards are done, but just with it - Tool that just gave whatever had it attached a massive HP buff plus a special "Dynamax" attack, akin to the stuff finally releasing now that gives non-Pokémon-GX a GX-attack if they have the correct attack printed on them.

Back