Finished Mafia LVIII: Project Fusion- GAME OVER: Mafia Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Shoutout to me for not losing it irl because of the game but because of someone being stupid on discord. Shoutout to Zone for seeming to be town. Shoutout to Naga for placing a hammer vote and his first game. Shoutout to the other newer players.

I will probably not be playing the next game because I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and I plan on being in season 2 of Darkness... when Lord Goomy starts that up.

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Shoutout to Naga for placing a hammer vote and his first game.

I will probably not be playing the next game because I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and I plan on being in season 2 of Darkness... when Lord Goomy starts that up.

Thanks man! I’m sorry I had to Lynch you, you were awesome during The Darkness...

Woah, people actually like The Darkness? Damn. You’ll have to let me know what playing is like, as some people know I’ll be very absent in a little while.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Nice job to Zone for reminding me he's a really good scum player
You know, I was laughing a lot IRL when you said that I am usually scum when you agree with me, and then the other times when you were so close to finding out the truth! :D:p
I am still laughing about it! :D:p
I was so sure that you of all people would point out that I was acting weird for suddenly stopping attacking Naga, but somehow you never did!
I wish you were always this sane as town because it's a blast to work with you haha.
XD I highly doubt that will ever be the case, but I look forward to that as well!
Zone's ability was probably way too insane to ever include in a 9'er but oh well.
I totally agree with that. Naga and I had a full battleplan where we would end the game at D3 by using my ability on Nick. Then we would push Naga, and have Nick lynched!
BUT THEN NICK JAILED ME!! :mad::mad::mad:
REEEEEE!!!

--this plan was the one which caused the announcement by the way. Just look at the scumchat. It's fun there.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I mean.. Town had two protectors (jailer+limited doctor) a vig, JOAT which included another doctor, motion detector, 2 vanilizers and ability seer. You weren't underpowered either. :p

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Thanks man! I’m sorry I had to Lynch you, you were awesome during The Darkness...

Woah, people actually like The Darkness? Damn. You’ll have to let me know what playing is like, as some people know I’ll be very absent in a little while.

Sure! I’m telling you it’s the next Mafia

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I mean.. Town had two protectors (jailer+limited doctor) a vig, JOAT which included another doctor, motion detector, 2 vanilizers and ability seer. You weren't underpowered either. :p
Oh certainly not. I just think that role would work better if it just stopped the lynch instead of lynched a townie (and also probably in a 10'er rather than a 9'er). As it stands, scum can target their intended nightkill and get them to be the lynch instead, while town can only lynch one player correctly out of all nine without incurring its wrath.
Also it's one of those roles which can allow a town where every townie has figured out the exact scumteam to still lose, which really sucks.
I think probably the survival of the vig was too crucial to town success and Zone's role to scum success. It's not necessarily unbalanced, but it adds a ton of swing to the setup.
Wait hold on what’s a post game?
A postgame is when the host goes back after the game is finished and gives everybody critiques/advice for future games and makes notes on the setup for future hosts.

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
[QUOTE="NinjaPenguin, post: 2993786, member: 115908]A postgame is when the host goes back after the game is finished and gives everybody critiques/advice for future games and makes notes on the setup for future hosts.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Celever

Wheeeee~
I understood that that play ran the risk of endgaming us but at that point in time it was pretty clear to me that either Nick was mafia or Zone had enough of a stronghold on the game to win regardless. That's of course why I targeted Zone last night; the plan today was to demonstrate that he's mafia but the tides of the game were pretty clearly not going that way, with NP, the main town trying to solve, being pocketed by him. Couple that with I still didn't have a good theory for Zone's scumbuddy (as ZonexNP was impossible but that was the only interaction read that made sense (due to the big-brained ZonexNaga interaction where Naga questioned Zone's playstyle publicly, had it confirmed by members of the town and then echoed the playstyle as though it were an organic learning experience)) and I figured it was a lost cause.

Wish I was around more to be able to contribute more to the game but what I did play was really fun. Seems like cool game design, I enjoyed being mason chat buds with NP. Just didn't have free time at the right times to start trying to solve.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I understood that that play ran the risk of endgaming us but at that point in time it was pretty clear to me that either Nick was mafia or Zone had enough of a stronghold on the game to win regardless. That's of course why I targeted Zone last night; the plan today was to demonstrate that he's mafia but the tides of the game were pretty clearly not going that way, with NP, the main town trying to solve, being pocketed by him. Couple that with I still didn't have a good theory for Zone's scumbuddy (as ZonexNP was impossible but that was the only interaction read that made sense (due to the big-brained ZonexNaga interaction where Naga questioned Zone's playstyle publicly, had it confirmed by members of the town and then echoed the playstyle as though it were an organic learning experience)) and I figured it was a lost cause.

Wish I was around more to be able to contribute more to the game but what I did play was really funny. Seems like cool game design, I enjoyed being mason chat buds with NP. Just didn't have free time at the right times to start trying to solve.
Yeah I wish we could have been better mason chat buddies too. Sorry about going after you and not properly looking at stuff with you after you accused me.
I pretty much just feel for the simplest pocketing strat ever which unfortunately is kinda karma after I used it to Zone in a game offsite. Guess that means I get to finally leave Zone's grudge list, huh?

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
I think probably the survival of the vig was too crucial to town success and Zone's role to scum success. It's not necessarily unbalanced, but it adds a ton of swing to the setup.
I guess it's a good thing that D1 happened and I got Noland, huh?
I pretty much just feel for the simplest pocketing strat ever which unfortunately is kinda karma after I used it to Zone in a game offsite. Guess that means I get to finally leave Zone's grudge list, huh?
Huh... I didn't think of that, but you're right!
...now I have virtually nobody in my grudge list. ...I didn't expect this to happen.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Huh... I didn't think of that, but you're right!
...now I have virtually nobody in my grudge list. ...I didn't expect this to happen.
Not like it matters until game after next (unless I end up being a sub) but, aren't I still on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.