'Unified Minds,' August's SM11 Set!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I'm mostly surprised they picked a playable card like Dragonite for the theme decks.

And for a change they grabbed a SM-P Promo that I didn't already buy (Pikachu) to use as an English promo, so yay.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
The theme decks are intriguing. You almost have to imagine Necrozma will come with some kind of special energy, which would be a first for theme decks at least in SUM era I think, no? And the Dragonite one will almost certainly be W+L energy-based, so more complex than most past theme decks (perhaps worse due to less consistency, though if the trainer quality is decent, like Cynthia+Lillie or Erika's, maybe that's sufficient). Energy acceleration in a theme deck is exciting (see: Charizard TEU)!

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Separately - do the Rowlet and Empoleon coins mean anything about those Pokémon being present in the set in some way? I guess Rowlet is in R&E TT, but I haven't seen Piplup/Empoleon - will that line be in Miracle Twins likely then (there's plenty of room for it)?

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I actually enjoy collecting Pikachu cards, and I know many other people who do, so is a single promo really that much of a problem?
Not a problem exactly, but that's three in a row now. Just seems lazy.

FaiL0rd4

Aspiring Trainer
Separately - do the Rowlet and Empoleon coins mean anything about those Pokémon being present in the set in some way? I guess Rowlet is in R&E TT, but I haven't seen Piplup/Empoleon - will that line be in Miracle Twins likely then (there's plenty of room for it)?
From Ultra Prism

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
From Ultra Prism

I know they were in Ultra Prism, but why use the Empoleon coins in this set's promos (if they're not in this set)? Or do the coins in the blister packs have nothing to do with the cards in the set?

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
So I'm guessing set will also include the Japanese starter deck cards as well, given that Umb-Rai and Esp-Eoxys are inas well. Like that cherish ball, for instance.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
The Necrozma deck better have some special energies in it so Necrozma can take advantage of Special Laser.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Rowleggs is already confirmed to be in Unified Minds.

Last edited:

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I actually enjoy collecting Pikachu cards, and I know many other people who do, so is a single promo really that much of a problem?

Right, I too enjoy collecting Pikachu cards. It's a bit lazy perhaps as The Last Shaymin said but since this is a hobby of mine I'm okay with it. It's more excusable than releasing yet another Dark Scraggy/Scrafty line for instance.

Another Psychic theme deck instead of Metal or Fairy is kind of lame, but at least I can finally have a Necrozma coin to go with Ultra Malamar.

Not to mention a basic Necrozma, as opposed of course to the GX variant.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Oops, that makes sense, I'm just used to everyone in my circle of friends using "borb" for Rowlet. lol