• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Aerodactyl

The Last Shaymin

Floof
ok this deck one shots some things

pokemon: 5

1 Volcanion
4 Aerodactyl

Trainers:42
4 Unidentified fossil
4 Fossil excavation map
4 Greens exploration
4 Ultra Ball
4 Lillie
4 Wishful Baton
2 rescue stretcher
2 choice band
3 Cynthia
2 Welder
1 guzma
1 Switch
1 Firey Flint
1 Heat Factory <>
3 Shrine of punishment
1 Power Plant
1 fire crystal

Energy:13
4 TAE
9 Fire Energy

so you guarantee the volc start, you always go second unless you are playing against a single prize oneshot deck (granbull, lost march) and you use the attack of volc to get energies onto a fossil. After that you chain wishful batons and take knockouts. once you cannot chain batons you then use your TAEs and win

Last edited:

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
List looks good!

Maybe a one of ReshiZard?

That could be a good idea, but I think he’s going for the confirmed T1 Volcanion, so with a 50% (I’m not good with percentages, feel free to prove me wrong) chance of not starting with Volcanion...

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
List looks good!

Maybe a one of ReshiZard?

That would nerf aerodactyl's attack if he draws it in his first hand, considering volcanion is his other basic. Also losing it can cost him 3 prizes in the singles race.

I would up the Volcanion lines for better mulligans, as well as add some disruption, once aerodactyl gets going he can hit a dead road fast if he runs out of energies, or dead draws. Wish batons can be shut down with field blower or Lysanders lab before attacking...

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Seems to me you should be running DCE's as well you could put 3 fire energys on 3 different fossils and then from there use DCE's to finish. Not saying ditch the Triples but DCEs would definitely help

The Last Shaymin

Floof
That could be a good idea, but I think he’s going for the confirmed T1 Volcanion, so with a 50% (I’m not good with percentages, feel free to prove me wrong) chance of not starting with Volcanion...
yeah exactly
That would nerf aerodactyl's attack if he draws it in his first hand, considering volcanion is his other basic. Also losing it can cost him 3 prizes in the singles race.

I would up the Volcanion lines for better mulligans, as well as add some disruption, once aerodactyl gets going he can hit a dead road fast if he runs out of energies, or dead draws. Wish batons can be shut down with field blower or Lysanders lab before attacking...
There really is not enough space to up the volc lines, although i was thinking of adding some red's challenge to get TAEs or something. If you have any ideas as to what to cut, that would be great.
Seems to me you should be running DCE's as well you could put 3 fire energys on 3 different fossils and then from there use DCE's to finish. Not saying ditch the Triples but DCEs would definitely help
This is actually a really good idea. Maybe if I do this I should also put in some EXP shares so I can get the energies spread.

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
Edit: add ditto prismstar, and cutback on cynthia's or swap them for tate and liza.

Last edited:

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Edit: add ditto prismstar, and cutback on cynthia's or swap them for tate and liza.
I would not add ditto prism, although I thought about it. It ruins your volcanion start, and you cannot green's after you bench it.

Tate and Liza are a worse draw supporter than cynthia, and I already run a switch so I should be fine.

ninetales1234

Biscuit Taste-Tester
Love this deck concept.

You already have energy acceleration in the form of Welder. Don't need all those Batons. Also, you can't attach a Baton to something that already has a Choice Band on it.

I know you have 3 wonderful stadiums to complement your deck, but you could also -1 Baton to throw in a Sky Pillar for the PikaZek match.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Love this deck concept.

You already have energy acceleration in the form of Welder. Don't need all those Batons. Also, you can't attach a Baton to something that already has a Choice Band on it.

I know you have 3 wonderful stadiums to complement your deck, but you could also -1 Baton to throw in a Sky Pillar for the PikaZek match.
The welder is really just a backup plan, or its your win condition against single prize decks. The Batons make chaining attacks much, much easier, and running 4 means you can maybe get 2 or 3 chained attacks without having to welder again or use a TAE. A sky pillar is a good idea, I should playtest some games against pikarom to see if it needs it or not.

ninetales1234

Biscuit Taste-Tester
oh yeah on the online, this deck hit 34 mulligans. do I get a prize?
Yeah, really! All the "challenges" they have on the game like "do 800 damage with X type Pokemon", they should have a "Ridiculous Amounts of Mulligans" challenge that awards you with tickets or something.

Pokefam

300 something/400
Yeah, really! All the "challenges" they have on the game like "do 800 damage with X type Pokemon", they should have a "Ridiculous Amounts of Mulligans" challenge that awards you with tickets or something.

No skill in that.

They want to encourage skill based play.