Finished Big Brother 6: Training and Tributes (Game Over! Congratulations!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
ulVYjDO.jpg

PokéBeach Big Brother: Training & Tributes

Welcome to the sixth season of PokéBeach Big Brother! Throughout the first five seasons of this game, we’ve seen our fair share of very savvy players take victory and we’ve seen numerous players return for redemption and to improve as players. In this season, you’ll see four of the strongest players from the series’s history quite a lot - but not as players. This is because this will be the first season that includes coaches! In this game, you will have the opportunity to be coached by @Lord o da rings , @Celever , @NinjaPenguin , or @Hermes .

General Rules and Competitions
- In this game, you will compete with other houseguests to win the game, and deem yourself the best of the best! This game will be divided into a number of in-game weeks. Each of these weeks contains a Head of Household (HOH) competition, Nomination Ceremony, a Power of Veto (POV) competition, and an Eviction. With one houseguest being evicted after each eviction, this cycle will repeat until there are only 2 houseguests remaining.
- Every week will start with a Head of Household competition. Everyone may compete except the winner of this competition from the previous week. Everyone else will participate, and the decided winner of this competition becomes the Head of the Household for the week and will be unable to be eliminated during that week.
- After this, the Head of Household chooses 2 players to nominate for eviction.
- Once the Head of Household has named their nominees, the Power of Veto competition will begin. The HOH, the 2 nominees, and 3 randomized houseguests will participate in this. The winner of this competition may choose to either save one of HOH’s nominees with this power or decide not to use it (thus keeping nominees the same). If they use the power, they cannot be nominated in the previous nominee's place when the HOH names a replacement.
- Finally, to end the week, once the nominees have been locked in, then the eviction phase begins. During this time, all players (except the HOH and the nominees) will be voting for whom they wish to be evicted from the house and lose their chances of victory. The nominees may also publicly plead their cases in this time, but whoever receives the most votes will be evicted, and out of the game.

Game Rules
- Alliances are of course permitted, and strongly encouraged. You may make as many alliances as you’d like to with other houseguests. This can be done through PokéBeach PMs, or through Discord servers. However, I must be added to the conversation.
- The game cannot be discussed with any evicted houseguests. If you have a Discord alliance with any evicted houseguests, please refrain from conversing about the game with them, or make a separate chat for general conversation as well.
- In this game, screenshots will be necessary for challenge submissions. When signing up, make sure your device is able to submit these screenshots for your scores in various competitions throughout the game. When you submit a score, you must show proof the screenshot is yours. This can be done by having your PokéBeach account in another tab, or your account name on a Notepad. Whatever works to prove the screenshot was taken by you.

Extra Information and Terminology

Weeks: This is a game term to encompass all the game’s key phases. Each week consists of a Head of Household competition, a Nomination Ceremony, a Power of Veto competition, and an Eviction. Each week, someone will be evicted from the house until just two houseguests remain.

The Jury: Once a certain amount of houseguests have been evicted, houseguests evicted afterward will be put on the jury. This jury will decide who takes home victory at the end of the game. They may also ask each finalist one question to help decide whom they will vote for.
Coaches
Four of the series’s best and brightest veterans have returned to the game once again! They won’t be playing though; instead they will serve as your coaches for a chunk of the game. Throughout this portion, you can ask your coaches for advice if you’re feeling a little lost in the game. Keep in mind that your coaches aren’t going to be playing the game for you, so don’t become overly reliant on them.

Each player will be randomly assigned to a coach at the beginning of the game, unless they choose to play without one beforehand. Keep in mind that playing with a coach comes with benefits, though. Besides the advice, the people who share your coach will serve as teammates, and when a player wins HOH, everyone who has their coach is safe for the week.

Deadlines and Activity
In the past, people sticking around for the whole game has been a little bit of a problem, and it’s common for seasons to have a modkill or player that drops from the game. My goal is to try to decrease the chances of this, so if you want to play, make sure you’re going to have the time and be willing to put in the effort that the game takes.

I also want to try to run this game a bit quicker - for example, offering houseguests two days to complete challenges instead of three. If this sets in a pace that the house cannot collectively keep up with, then I will keep the game at the same pace it’s run at in the past. The “three warnings and you’re out” system is still in effect, but the first two warnings will now come without any consequences. Punishing inactive people with not being allowed to participate in upcoming challenges doesn’t seem to be helping, so I don’t think it’s a necessary inclusion, especially if I want to make the game run faster.

Prizes
This season will also feature prizes! In an attempt to introduce more of PokéBeach to Big Brother, pack codes for the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online will be offered for the top placers and those who play out the game without being modkilled or quitting. If you’re a TCG player who’s new to the Forum Games section, give it a shot!
Applications
Signing up is going to work a little bit differently this game. You’re not going to be posting in the thread that you’re signing up. Instead, for the first time in the series, I’m having an application process for people who wish to play. This is to ensure that the houseguests this season are likely to stay committed to the game and to prevent people from missing out because they weren’t quick enough to post in the thread.

The link to the application form can be found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...x8Cnapiz_VQIMqmin6sOP1vQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Applications will be open for ten days (as of April 30 at 12:00 AM EST), so make sure you find the time to fill one out! The roster size and player composition will be announced at the end of that ten day period, and the game will immediately begin following that announcement, so don’t try to make any alliances beforehand. Odds are the size will be anywhere from 12-18 players, depending on how the applications go.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Interesting to see that prizes are up for grabs! Are you planning on encouraging some new players to play?

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
Yeah, if I can I’d like to try to bring in a part of PokéBeach that we don’t usually see over in forum games.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Commenting on this thread so I can watch it. There's a Watch Thread button I know, let me be lazy.

I've been excited to see this game go up for months and I want to say if you're even slightly interested in playing a big forum game, please give this a shot and submit an application! I'd love to myself but what I really want to see out of this game is a community of new players!

I wish the best for Blakers as host and the coaches, but you gotta give your girl spectating permission at least, if I can't hold my reign of terror into this game, I at least want to have some fun with it otherwise! Boring Blakers, leaving me out of the fun as always...

Again, if you're even slightly curious about this game, contact Blakers and send him an application. We'd love to see you in the BB house.

That's all from me, you'll see me in this thread more later.~

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Don’t worry @VioletValkyrie. Vom over there might not appreciate the dire lameness of hitting the watch button when you could right write a lovely post, but I get you. :U

write* ~Vom

EDIT: mate.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@Blakers would do if I could screenshot on my computer
There is a screenshoting tool called the "Snipping Tool" which I believe can be found on every Windows computer from Vista-onwards, and the PrtScr button on your keyboard usually copies a screenshot to your clipboard (which you could then post in Word or something similar). If you have a phone, alternatively you could take a photograph of your screen and send that image.

Would any of those work?

Status
Not open for further replies.