2020 Standard Format Announced, Goes Into Effect Before Worlds!

DM_nightshade

Aspiring Trainer
OMG!!! so the World is at the beggining of the season!?!?!? it's like if we played any sport championship before the season it's kinda weird. I Personally don't like this at all....all those training with your decks , all for nothing. of course the best ''Thinker'' will show up with a wise deck and it will be impossible to Copycat Top tier Deck as there will be no ''metabase'' at this moment.

DM_nightshade

Aspiring Trainer
Bye bye Zoroark GX, you were a pathetic way to play while you were around and you will not be missed :))
Come on , he was a huge part of the meta as it enable lot of different way to play it. In the end Zoroark GX is just a support with a decent attack.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
I just want to know for sure if solgaleo GX is out, or in due to the ultra prism print. I keep seeing it both ways and I'm no expert, but my 8 year old plays it and it was the first GX he got. Also why would some reprints extend legality while others dont?

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
I just want to know for sure if solgaleo GX is out, or in due to the ultra prism print. I keep seeing it both ways and I'm no expert, but my 8 year old plays it and it was the first GX he got. Also why would some reprints extend legality while others dont?
Yes solgaleo GX from sm base will still be playable the reason is because it has the same functional usage as the ulp print and the ulp print is not denoted with a A next to it's set number this means it's an actual reprint similar to the situation with lillie

Otaku

The wise fool?
I have lived long enough to see DCE enter the game, leave it, enter it again, and leave it again.

You're not alone. ;)

I really do want to stress to the people panicking...

Stop. Breathe. There is nothing new under the sun. As PokeMedic's comment reminds us, DCE has left the game before. We didn't lose Guzma or Ultra Ball at the same time... we lost even better cards like Gust of Wind (Pokémon Catcher without the flip) and Computer Search (before it was an Ace Spec).

The game will continue. We'll all adjust. Then the powers-that-be will do something else that seems crazy, people will freak out again (maybe including me XD) but we'll all adjust. Etc.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
I hope we see a totally unexpected new deck finish well in worlds like Shintaro Ito's M Audino-EX back in 2016. With a new rotation, it seems like there's a lot of potential for undiscovered decks to jump into the format.