2020 Standard Format Announced, Goes Into Effect Before Worlds!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Raigetsu Lightning Trainer
    Raigetsu

hoard for when a generation or so has passed. My fiance and I have a tendency to keep packs out of rotation sealed.

Hemos likes this.

2. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

That one is counted as an alternate art reprint - it's not a BSP, as it has the Guardians Rising set symbol, so it'll be out of use come the rotation.

snoopy369 likes this.
  3. octotot Aspiring Trainer
    octotot

Solgaleo GX will still be legal because of the gold print in Ultra Prism. Long live the king!

4. theprp30 Aspiring Trainer
    theprp30

Bye bye Zoroark GX, you were a pathetic way to play while you were around and you will not be missed :))

5. Trent Piland Aspiring Trainer
    Trent Piland

Should DCE not get a reprint then we are in dire need of special energy recovery. It will be quite disappointing to not see it reprinted right away.

With the PokeGear 3.0 I could see Lele not getting a viable replacement for a while..

We are also going to need a replacement in some capacity for Ultra Ball and Nest Ball.. I wouldn't mind seeing more type specific search like Mysterious Treasure.. ie Fire or Water, Lightning or Metal, Dark or Fairy, Fighting or Grass for Ultra Ball... Or even Net Ball equivalents for other typings. For now 4 Poke Comm will be a staple.

Another major reprint need is Guzma or a Gusting effect. Losing not only Guzma but Lycanroc-GX is rough. I suppose Fire may be alright with the TEU Ninetales, but there isn't many others available. EDIT: we do have custom catcher still I suppose.

Others such as Eevee, Nest Ball, Acerola, Escape Rope, Field Blower hurt as well.

On the up side we are keeping our staple draw supporters: Cynthia, Lillie, Erika's, Judge,
    Secondary: Copycat, Tate & Liza, Blaine's Last Stand (Fire), Sightseer, and Ingo & Emmet

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Lord Goomy likes this.
  6. GameOwl I play Pokemon. Can you tell?
    GameOwl

I guess this means one-hit decks like Blachephalon and Ultra Necrozma will be the best option for Worlds. Two-hit decks won’t be very efficient any more without Guzma. I have only played Pokémon for a year and a half, and Lele was always there. This is going to be a weird Worlds.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  7. PokeMedic Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
    PokeMedic

Articles Staff Activities Staff Member

I have lived long enough to see DCE enter the game, leave it, enter it again, and leave it again.

8. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

OH THANK GOD YOU’RE RIGHT
    But Enhanced Hammer still bites the dust.
    Thank you so much for this revelation.

9. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

At least Guzzlord GX is gone

Pokefam likes this.
  10. Refrigerated Elements Aspiring Trainer
    Refrigerated Elements

Worlds is going to be nuts with a entirely new format with both a new format and a new set. The sets included in the new format are not surprising at all. However rip my main deck since its just flat out going to be gone.

11. FacepalmMaster 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
    FacepalmMaster

Ah sh*t, here we go again

TheAquaPiplup likes this.
  12. AshCo Enzo is the best character
    AshCo

This is all I wanted and I didn't get it.

But then again, my reasoning for it isn't because I care about the meta, it's because Computer Search is one of the last cards I need in BCR and the price is WAY too high for something with barely any collectible appeal. The good Ace Specs in general are mega bloated in price because of the game I think.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  13. bunnybird12 Don't be sad- be hoppy!
    bunnybird12

Wow! This is surprising. I'm excited for a new format. Worlds will be very interesting to watch as it will all be new or at least partially different decks.

14. AcePlayz Just call me, the Pokemon Master!
    AcePlayz

No more guzma

Lord Goomy likes this.
  15. CrownAxe Aspiring Trainer
    CrownAxe

It’s an alternate art so no, it’s still rotating

Otaku likes this.
  16. PokeMedic Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
    PokeMedic

Articles Staff Activities Staff Member

Do we have an accurate list of what's being lost? Asking for a friend.

17. Pokefam 300 something/400
    Pokefam

Hopefully all you qualify!

Need 133 more!

18. SubApathy Team Rocket
    SubApathy

Ultra Ball and DCE need to make a comeback...

:eek:

ForeverRanger91 and K_la like this.
  19. ForeverRanger91 Aspiring Trainer
    ForeverRanger91

No way does Ultra Ball and DCE rotate. UB can be replaced sure but DCE? You just killed so many decks or force them to run Malamar.

20. AcePlayz Just call me, the Pokemon Master!
    AcePlayz

Would you like me to make a list of everything, we will be losing? It would be the cards that have seen play. So for example Oranguru and Vikavolt, not caterpie, oranguru and vikavolt

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?