Finished Mafia LVII: Big Brother Betrayal: Game Over! Postgame Part 1 Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

Wheeeee~
Yeah echoing what bb said, I kept intending to post but there's nothing to talk about.

I wanna see Nick's draft nominations first too but how long are we deciding to wait around until we just launch into discussion to guide Nick? There's a real possibility he won't check in until close to deadline.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
I don't think mirdo has a meta because I think in order to have a meta you have to offer something to the game; mirdo does do that occasionally but not consistently throughout the game. He usually starts playing on Day 4.
I mean. Yeah not wrong. Cause that's where the game actually starts to... well start.

But Day 1 was, in my eyes, a disaster.
I wasn't really paying attention. Everybody just kinda tunnelled on Zone.
I mean. I don't think it was a bad lynch at all. But we kinda just started to pile on Zone and then just went with that.

I guess we need to start analizing a bit better.
Not just focusing on useless bs. For example that small thing with me not reading the first two or so pages. Im sorry. But all that Jazz was pointless and clogged up the thread for people like me that don't have the attention span nor the time to read all this stuff.

Anyway.
TL:DR. We need to be better. I mostly need to be better because I did jack so far.
But I will be sure to be better.
Especially when i hopefully my driving test tomorrow and don't have that shit on my mind anymore.

So yeah. I hopefully chime in again once we got the noms out of Nick.
Which is hopefully very soon

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Yeah echoing what bb said, I kept intending to post but there's nothing to talk about.

I wanna see Nick's draft nominations first too but how long are we deciding to wait around until we just launch into discussion to guide Nick? There's a real possibility he won't check in until close to deadline.

I don’t think we have much choice

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Dropping a note in here:
There still should be motivation to talk in the fact that the town needs to decide nominations. The best possible decisions for the town are made not when everybody is silent, but when everybody is communicating and acting as a group to attempt to find those who aren't part of the group. You can never find out who is scum if nobody is speaking, but if every townie is posting, every scum will also be forced to post, which thus leads the town to be able to catch them.
Most of you may not have direct control over the lynch right now, but instead of giving you less motivation to post, it should give you more, since to get your desires fulfilled, it is now an absolute requirement to convince somebody to do what you want them to do, which you can only achieve via posting. This should put powers of persuasion and discussion at more emphasis than usual, not less.
Don't see this right now as a moment where you can't achieve your agenda because you have no power. In fact, this is a moment that tests your mafia skill likely more than you've been tested before, since you don't have direct power and must rely on your words and influence alone to accomplish your goals. Your power can only come from your posts, so make them.

Last edited:

Celever

Wheeeee~
Actually nah let's reassess

The way to scumhunt is looking at posts, finding slip ups, finding perspective errors, finding scummy interactions between players. I don't care if we don't have control over the nominations right now, placing one person who happens to win the HoH onto a pedestal while everyone else flies under the radar will not allow us to win. Hell, if I were scum in this game, I'd throw every HoH competition and post the bare minimum to get by, therefore never allowing myself to truly be put under scrutiny, and I suspect some players on the mafia faction may have already figured this out, if not all of them. If we as the town aren't bothered about posting and are letting the game scoot on by by not forcing interactions between players, then how the hell are we expected to win? The more of a town consensus we come to about who should be nominated, the less liberty scum get when they do become HoH, even if by chance (as is essentially what's happened with Nick), with nominating town players. This is a mafia game, let's scumhunt.

I want everyone in this game to post who they would like Nick to nominate, with reasoning. And yeah, that includes you, Nick. I'm gonna do some ISOs, find things that I want to query if there are any, and get some goddamn discussion flowing. Right now my nominations are Vom and Geyde but I'll check back in after ISOing.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Just dropping in to say I'm not lurking but I won't be around much until later this evening/tomorrow morning. Was gonna tag Drac and Nyora to see what their thoughts were before I realized they haven't even confirmed their roles yet, so never mind about that Ig.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Alright guys time to say who you voted for. I voted mirdo.

I voted mirdo as well.

As for the posts about discussion, sure. I haven't been actively committing and probably should but I've been considering subbing out. Trying to play mafia and BB together gets awkward because BB's discussion is all done in private alliance chat and no one talks in-thread during competitions. I tried to force discussion during BB4 and only got 15 pages by the time we were over, those of you who played know how that was.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Why didn't you discuss your options with us? @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
Why did you pick those two people?
Why didn't you pick Vom?

Actually nah let's reassessI want everyone in this game to post who they would like Nick to nominate, with reasoning. And yeah, that includes you, Nick. I'm gonna do some ISOs, find things that I want to query if there are any, and get some goddamn discussion flowing. Right now my nominations are Vom and Geyde but I'll check back in after ISOing.

Well there goes that plan >.>

I haven't been actively committing and probably should but I've been considering subbing out.
I'm going to kindly ask that you don't, Violet. :)

We don't have the subs spare and if you signed up for a game then you should see it through, and not sign-up in future.

Generally @everyone; Literally just reading and posting your impromptu thoughts EVERY TIME YOU READ is all that needs to be done, it's not difficult...

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
If everyone just posted impromptu like I did then, there'd always be something to talk about and we'd actually have a game!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It's no different to typing messages on a Discord server after all, except that you keep all of your thoughts in one post.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
I'm going to kindly ask that you don't, Violet. :)

We don't have the subs spare and if you signed up for a game then you should see it through, and not sign-up in future.

NP already brought up his issues with it when I contacted him about it, no worries there. I understand the issue and I'm making more of an effort to commit to the game I signed up to currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.