'Alolan Marowak-GX Box' in May!

Nyora

A Cat
I think Marowak’s playing around with Special Conditions is meh, but worth considering. Can also pair up with LOT Giratina and take out some smaller basics with Lost Boomerang (just make sure it’s not natus or wheat ever lol)

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
He could play in stall decks. For no energy, he constantly confuses anyone hitting him, you can Max potion him and still get off his (decent) GX attack.

He's also a decent front man for Decidueye decks.

The problem is that he doesn't fit the power creep in the game right now. Basics are taking over again, and they deliver big damage, fast. Just don't see this guy working well in that aggressive format.

JMT

Some Broke Weeaboo
Then I'll get my 4-of quick

At prerelease:
Person next to me: I pulled that one really good gx that everyone wants
Me: I got an alolan marowak. woo!

It might actually be thrown in the next set as both a RR and a Full Art.

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
This card could have been good pre- Team up, but with cobalion-gx now in the format, it makes this card a little underwhelming.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Why do they even waste money printing cards like these?

Because people would complain, regardless of how bad a card it was, if it didn't come to the west, and since I don't see them releasing it via gym competitions outside Japan, They have instead released it as a promo in a box targeted towards collectors (those who have survived the flood of ultra and secret rare cards in sets anyway) and towards people who want to pick up cheap booster packs when this goes on sale in about 6 months.

That or they could always insert Marowak GX into a set and watch people rage when one their ultra rare pulls are wasted on it. At least this way, you have a choice as to whether or not you want Marowak GX.

Nyora

A Cat
I feel like this Alolan Marowak-GX will probably end up as a Ditto {*} Pokémon to Evolve into. Lost Boomerang GX may prove useful for spread to achieve not only a dual knockout, but one that costs 0 Energy, and the opponent can’t get anything back from it. As well as when they attack it the next turn, they get Confused, which is a nice little addition. Being a GX Pokémon sucks though. I’ll try finding a way to use it, but there’s probably not a whole bunch to use it with.

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
Why do they even waste money printing cards like these?

Because not all cards have to be meta-defining. The point of the TCG is to have a large variety of cards to collect and battle with. Even if this card isn't exactly meta-defining, it's still a cool card.

Blinkehyo

Aspiring Trainer
Because people would complain, regardless of how bad a card it was, if it didn't come to the west, and since I don't see them releasing it via gym competitions outside Japan, They have instead released it as a promo in a box targeted towards collectors (those who have survived the flood of ultra and secret rare cards in sets anyway) and towards people who want to pick up cheap booster packs when this goes on sale in about 6 months.

That or they could always insert Marowak GX into a set and watch people rage when one their ultra rare pulls are wasted on it. At least this way, you have a choice as to whether or not you want Marowak GX.
oh, no, i meant in general actually. A box is okay. Much like the snorlax gx or gardenia gx boxes, I'd be happier with them their, then getting one of those as my ultras in a box

Because not all cards have to be meta-defining. The point of the TCG is to have a large variety of cards to collect and battle with. Even if this card isn't exactly meta-defining, it's still a cool card.
yeah, maybe im a bit harsh on the more useless cards. I guess i saw it as useless and immediately thought "why on earth does that even exist"
Instead of "oh that's cool, marrowack finally became a gx!" Like i probably would have if i wasnt competitive

You're aware collectors exist, right? Not every single card in the world has to cater to the competitive base.
yeah, sorry. I was kinda outspoken to a non-issue. Overreacted there ^^

Scoop

Literally a sheep
yeah, maybe im a bit harsh on the more useless cards. I guess i saw it as useless and immediately thought "why on earth does that even exist"
Instead of "oh that's cool, marrowack finally became a gx!" Like i probably would have if i wasnt competitive

yeah, sorry. I was kinda outspoken to a non-issue. Overreacted there ^^

I definitely see where people are coming from with wanting more cards that are fun and viable, and I'm sure you probably want that ad well, which is fine. As a collector though I kinda love it just when some cards are rather easy to get in comparison to something that's expensive solely because players want it, because I frankly don't care if it's unplayable, I want the card.

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
I find it agonizing when these sets have non-standard packs. For me it's a waste of money to spend all that for a sub mediocre card with packs I don't need.